whats the earliest you would leave baby with a sitter?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2009, 08:09 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what is the earliest you would leave your baby with a sitter? how about daycare? just curious as to what our ladies are planning. My niece (she's 17) babysat an 8 week old yesterday, and it got me thinking. what are your reasons behind your choice?

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

July 6th, 2009, 08:19 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think DD was like .... 10 months the first time me and df went out and left her with grandma (for like 2 hours). lol I have trust issues. Daycare will never happen. Only people I know & trust can watch my kids.

With this one I can see be a little more easy going, but I don't see leaving the baby within the first few months at least.

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
July 6th, 2009, 08:24 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBellski View Post
I think DD was like .... 10 months the first time me and df went out and left her with grandma (for like 2 hours). lol I have trust issues. Daycare will never happen. Only people I know & trust can watch my kids.

With this one I can see be a little more easy going, but I don't see leaving the baby within the first few months at least.
I left Holden with one of my bridesmaids when he was about 4 months old and she WOKE HIM UP at midnight just to play with him. I haven't technically left him with a sitter since. After that it's hard for me to trust anyone to watch him.

Although i'm NOT sure i'll be more laid back with his baby unfortunately. Wish I could be, just not sure it's gonna happen!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

July 6th, 2009, 09:18 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
DS was about 2 months when we took DSD to a movie. She was 12 and had been an only child in our house up until that point. She had been so great with Ben and we wanted to make sure she got some special time with just us. We went to a quick movie and came right back home. DS was with my parents.

DS is 2 now and the only "babysitter" he's ever had have been my parents. I still don't feel comfortable leaving him with anyone else other than them or his sister.

July 6th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Veteran
Since I'm a working mom, I'm going to have to leave her with someone MUCH sooner than I want to. And it breaks my heart. Right now we're waiting to hear back from DH's employer about a promotion, so things kind of hinge on that right now. Depending if we'll still have opposite work schedules and won't have to use a daycare. I really hope we won't need to. Right now I can't even bear the thought.

x2
July 7th, 2009, 12:12 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I will probably put her in hourly daycare just for about an hour a day while I go running shortly after my 6 week checkup if dh is already deployed (which it's looking like he will be). I trust the CDC here in Italy. They are a great group of girls!
July 7th, 2009, 03:50 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Daycare will only happen just before she's 1 (after my 1 year leave). As for leaving her with anybody before that, just with our parent's I think, and not for long, and probably not any earlier than 3 months.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 7th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have amazing neighbors - all retired and looking foward to the baby as much as we are... so I have no problem leaving her within the first few months for a couple hours if I need some sleep or DH and I want some time alone.

Unfortunately, I have to start daycare and return to work when she is 3 months old.... I did find a daycare facility that I feel comfortable with. Both DH and I have "dropped in" on several occasions and just sat and observed.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
July 7th, 2009, 05:18 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Daycare the child has to be atleast 6 weeks, which is usually how long parents get for maternity.
Kayla was 6 weeks old when we left her with a good friend in England for the night. Didn't leave her again until we returned to the states and then another year when we finally returned "home". She was over 2 then. lol
Emily was a lot older, she was about 9 months before I left her and even then I didn't want to. My MIL pretty much forced us to, said we "needed the night out" and we left her late and picked her up bright and early. Since she's been gone maybe 2 more times.
This one, I have no idea. Unless something comes up that we need a sitter, I doubt it'll be for a long time. We've never just had a "sitter" though, it's always a Grandma or family.

July 7th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Snowpeas
The only people I ever left Olivia with was my dh or her grandma until she was well over a year old.

We were really fortunate at that time that daycare or a babysitter wasn't a necessity. I worked on the days dh was off or grandma could come watch her because I couldn't bear to leave her with anyone else. I know not everyone has that option though.
July 7th, 2009, 07:21 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely not for the first 6 months. It's weird because I've babysat for so many people with tiny babies, but don't think I would trust someone else with my baby. I haven't met anyone I'd really feel comfortable leaving my child with, other than my parents or sisters (they live far away anyways). And I'm not comfortable with SO's parents (they are the relatives that live close), so as for now I'd say no one will be watching him. Maybe I'll change my mind... but it just seems like such a big step. Haha partly since I haven't even met the baby yet.

July 7th, 2009, 07:26 AM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
She won't be with anyone else but me and DH for the first 3 months, but when I go back to work, she will have to be with my mother or grandmother for a couple of hours a week between Dh and I's work schedule...it will be so hard to leave her!
July 7th, 2009, 08:12 AM
*Hayley*
I would leave my baby with our daycare provider from day 1 if i had to. I trust them 100%. I think it's really a matter of who the babysitter is. My mom could also watch the baby from day 1. If I'm not working next year, baby will stay home with me, but if I do go back to work he will be in daycare as early as 6 weeks.
July 7th, 2009, 09:02 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can only take between 8 to 12 weeks off of work and after that, it will most likely be a combination of my MIL and facility daycare or private home daycare if I find someone I like and trust!

It breaks my heart to be leaving her so soon, but unfortunately, I have to work, so we'll do the best we can.

July 8th, 2009, 07:35 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Personally not till my baby is close to a year old will I leave him or her. We don't tend to go out and have baby sitters though. Its hard for me to even think about leaving the other kids just to go to the hospital to have the baby. ha ha ha

We left bella when she was about 9 months old when we went to the races... I think that was too soon, she didn't do so well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search