Crazy night last night....

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2009, 05:09 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
Last night I was woken up to 2 cops at the bottom of my bed asking if I knew who my sister was hanging out with (I obviously didn't I was in bed ffs!) when I asked them why she was asking all they would tell me was that she was hurt and they needed to find out who did it. So I pretty much blew them off to go call my dad who told me she was shot (by this point I was bugging out crying). I go to the hospital and when the the detectives were finally done talking to her I went to see her and she was acting like it was a big ******* joke. She refused to say any names which w/e I can see why she hangs out with all gang members like an idiot and doesn't want to piss off the wrong person but the way she was acting about it was ridiculous.. She got hit in the back of the shoulder so there was not huge damage done but there **** well could have been and she has 2 kids to take care of. I don't even see her doing anything to be more careful her so called friends she was with just dropped her at the hospital and stole her car which from what my sister said they had been bugging her to borrow all night. As far as I know they still haven't found it but when they do she cant get it back for a while so there goes my sisters job she just worked so hard to get and yet she just still thinks its so **** funny... ugh! pisses me off.. I'm terrified for her and there's nothing I can do!

July 7th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes - what a horrible situation! All you can do is encourage her to make the right choices - but its ultimately her decision to live her life and she'll have to deal with the consequences. I hope everything gets better - try not to stress too much!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
July 7th, 2009, 05:21 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG! Your sister sounds like she needs a huge wake up call before it's too late.
How old is she? What about the kids? If anything, I'd call CPS and have them removed before they get shot too! Sister or no sister, those kids come first.
I'm sorry you're in this situation at all.

July 7th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
She will be 21 next month.. I'm pretty sure DCYF will know about it soon enough without my help and if not that then their dad has been wanting to get custody of them but looking for a good reason why he deserves them over her and this may be it...

The sad part is she was just starting to fix her life too (obviously she has a longg way to go) but a year or 2 back she had no job and was always leaving her kids for days at a time to go tend to her crack addiction.. she doesn't do that anymore and has become a CNA and I really thought things were looking up for her... guess not..

July 7th, 2009, 05:36 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's so sad. I really hope she gets the wake up call she needs and turns her life around.

July 7th, 2009, 06:03 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
OMG! Your sister sounds like she needs a huge wake up call before it's too late.
How old is she? What about the kids? If anything, I'd call CPS and have them removed before they get shot too! Sister or no sister, those kids come first.
I'm sorry you're in this situation at all.
I completely agree. Of course you'd think that getting SHOT would be a wake up call but I guess not in her case.

I'd make sure those kids were away from her even if she was my sister.

July 7th, 2009, 06:07 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Some people use joking as a form of coping. It might be a way for her to deal with a really messed up situation.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
July 7th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Snowpeas
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. My brother for awhile lived a crazy life and was even shot at age 21 (although he did it to himself after drinking). We were hoping that it would wake him up, but not even that did (and he missed an arterial branch but milimeters.)

But there is hope. A year or two after that he started to get his life together and now you would never know how he used to be.

It sounds like your sister has taken some positive steps. I hope that she takes the time to think about this & where her life is going. If her kids get taken away or threatened to, maybe that will help her to make the right decisions.

So sorry you're having to go through this right now. ((hugs))
July 7th, 2009, 06:45 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im sorry

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

July 7th, 2009, 07:15 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woah... sounds like a rough night. I hope once things sink in a little she comes to her senses!

July 7th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I guess the way things are sounding it seems like one of her "friends" she had in the car with her shot her...

July 7th, 2009, 07:55 AM
They found the car
Woman captured in city after Pawtucket shooting - The Sun Chronicle Online - News Update

July 7th, 2009, 08:00 AM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a sad situation for those kiddos to be in, how old are they? I hope your sister does get herself straightened out soon. It seems like she has the potential to be so much more for herself and those kids, hopefully this incident will get her to thinking about her priorities in life.

July 7th, 2009, 08:07 AM
*Hayley*
Where were the kids when all this happened? Since getting shot obviously wasn't enough to clear her head, maybe taking her kids away will do the trick. It would be sad, but the kids deserve a shot (no pun intended) at a better life than worrying if there mom is going to come home at night (granted they might not be at the age where they would think about that yet, but that will come soon enough)
July 7th, 2009, 08:16 AM
My other sister had the kids.. they are 1 and 2.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search