Not feeling welcome

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2009, 08:11 PM
MaddApple's Avatar Expecting a boy 10/21/09
Send a message via Yahoo to MaddApple
Lately I have been feeling not welcome here. I took a break and I found a unpleasant PM accusing me being a fake and a liar because I have not post many belly pics and no u/s pics. I understand I join this group in the 2nd trimester and some of you ladies have been here since the beginning of your pregnancy. I just feel like an outsider. I post and not many answer. It just feels empty to post a post that no one will answer them.

July 7th, 2009, 08:37 PM
xoleaxo's Avatar Veteran
i'm sorry you feel that way.. some people have nothing better to do than send nasty PMs. I haven't posted any belly pics either so don't worry about it. just continue posting so we can get to know you better

July 7th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're feeling unwelcome. It takes time for everyone to get to know each other. It will get better. Hang in there.

July 7th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry that you feel so unwelcome. I haven't posted many pics either and no one has sent me any nasty PM. Please continue to post (as I am trying to be better at) so that we can get to know you.

July 7th, 2009, 09:01 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm sorry someone sent you a nasty PM. Forward the PM to one of the mods because something like that shouldn't happen.

I haven't posted any belly pics and I didn't post my U/S pics either because I can't get my scanner hooked up.

July 7th, 2009, 09:19 PM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, I'm sorry you're feeling so unwelcome here. Please stick around, keep posting when you can and hopefully everyone will get to know you better and you'll feel the warm welcome that you deserve.
I don't understand why some people feel the need to accuse others of things they have no clue about. Especially the ladies here, we are all here for friendship and support throughout our pregnancies and beyond...I just think that picking a fight is so immature and below us.

July 7th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Oh hun! I am so sorry! Some people do not post pictures at all. Does not mean their a troll. Most "fakes" usually have a crap-load of photo's posted. Trust me. I have seen so many in my 4.5 years here on JM

I am with you on feeling unwelcome, but with me I know it is my own fault. I barely post anymore (any where on JM) and if you do not reply to people on a regular basis you are less likely to get replies. I know it stinks but it is true. That is why I love my Aug/Sept 05 PR, which I have been with since I was 6 weeks pregnant with Thomas (Jan 20th 05) I had been co host of my last two DDCs (apr. 07 & jan 08) and never felt apart of the april DDC (lost the baby at 11 weeks) and I swear it wasn't until I was about 30 weeks I felt comfortable and "in" the jan 08 ddc, and that was while being co-host!

Anyway, what i am trying to say is reply, even if you are just offering support or agreeing with a PP, and when you start a topic, reply to the replies you get. It helps people get to know you better, and reply more to you.

I am really sorry you are feeling this way. I would definitely forward that PM to an admin or moderator (I would send it straight to patty or rachel, pattyandthemoos or rawisner)

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
July 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, how rude!!!

I read often and respond very little. There are so many of us that I know that my response is redundant to someone elses, so I don't respond. Just ignore the person. What a total jerk!!!
July 8th, 2009, 04:01 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you got a nasty PM. Most of the ladies in this DDC are wonderful and you just have to jump in and reply and get to know everyone.

July 8th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never posted belly pics, ultrasound pics and I don't even have a signature! I hope I don't get a nasty PM! I can't believe one of our DDC ladies would do that - shame on them.

I'm really sorry that happened to you - I hope you stick with our DDC b/c we love having you and would love to get to know you even more!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
July 8th, 2009, 05:03 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, thats silly someone would take the time to write a nasty PM. I haven't posted any belly pics either. Sorry you feel the way you do. I know for me, its nothing personal just I tend to lose track of people since there are so many of us. I hope you stick around!

July 8th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Wow.. I can't believe someone sent you that mean PM.. And don't feel bad about not posting belly pictures, I haven't either.. And I'm sorry if I haven't replied to any of your posts.. Between working full time and chasing around my toddler.. I'm only on here on my days off when my daughter is sleeping.. I usually just skim through the forums..

I do hope you decide to stay.. There are so many wonderful ladies on here..

July 8th, 2009, 06:29 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I'm sorry that you don't feel welcome. I feel the same way sometimes and no one has sent me a nasty PM. It not a good feeling to feel like an outsider even when it's just on a message board. You're always welcome as far as I'm concerned and I have never thought that you were a fake.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
July 8th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Snowpeas
I'm so sorry to hear that you received a pm like that. If you kept it PLEASE forward it to a mod. It's very important that the mods are aware of it, as no one should be treated like that. I'm really glad that you posted about it. I've been wondering where you've been.

I try to reply to everyone's posts, even when I don't have anything new to add or don't know what to say because I know what it feels like to see a ton of people reading your posts & not responding. I know when I post something I would rather have someone reply, even if they can't help me or add anything, you know. At least I don't feel shunned, etc.

There have been times I have felt like an outsider too, both here and my playroom (where I've been 2+ years). Most of the time I find it's because I'm not jumping in there & putting myself out. Once I do that I find I don't feel like an outsider as much. My suggestion would be to just keep posting & act like you fit in, even if you don't feel that you do. I love this DDC and am sooo bonded with my playroom now that I'm glad I stuck with it, even if there were times I almost stopped posting.

I guarantee you that the vast majority of people here don't feel that you're an outsider & we would love to hear from you more.
That goes for the rest of you ladies too so KEEP posting! lol
That's how we get to know each other & get even more bonded.
It will come in time, I promise.
July 8th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Sorry that someone would do that! Everyone's pretty much covered it, jump right in and with time people will learn more about you

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/31/15!

July 8th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
I'm sorry you weren't getting many replies. It kind of upsets me that someone would go so far as to send you a PM calling you a fake just because you don't post pics/belly photos. Like Duckie said, usuallly the fakers post pics they stole off the internet and make up stories that just don't add up..they trip over their lies and eventually reveal themselves that way. I swear some people on here (JM) feel that they have been called upon to weed out all the fakers and go on "hunts" trying to find them. Cuz ya know...we give badges and cookies and enter their name into the I Found A Faker Hall of Fame. LOL j/k

Start posting more! You will get more replies! We want you to feel welcome here and stick around!

July 8th, 2009, 06:57 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I just went and read through the threads that you've started to see what I've missed of yours. Not counting this one you've only posted one thread here over the last 3 weeks so I'm not sure what you're wanting people to reply to. I'm sure you'd post more you'd get more replies.

July 8th, 2009, 07:08 AM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
I agree with the other girls...try to post more so we can offer our support!
July 8th, 2009, 08:25 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im sorry you are feeling this way. You need to make the hosts, and admin aware of the PMs you are getting.

I personally feel kinda disconnected from the board, well JM as a whole. But thats my issue. you get out of it what you put in.

I read all the time and think of everyone, but I don't always respond. This pg is strange for me, and I think given how involved in my last DDC and it ending badly went I am still guarded??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search