Welcoming a new baby

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Snowpeas
Can you believe we're getting so close?

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home?

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how?

How does your dh/so feel about it?

What are you most looking forward to?

What are you dreading or worrying about the most?

How long do you think the adjustment will take?
July 8th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Super Mommy
I am so excited for this little one. We have two already that were both "oopses" (although I hate wording it like that because they are by no means mistakes or accidents, just unplanned). They were really close together (17 months) and I feel like I was so busy that I missed out on my DD's baby stage! But, my DS is 5 now and my DD is 3 1/2 so they are a lot more independent and play sooooo well together (they even call each other their best friend) so I will have some time to just sit and enjoy my new baby! However, both of my kids are also super, super excited and love to "help" so I am a little nervous that one of them (especially DD) might try to pick up the baby or something so I am going to have to be dilligent!

July 8th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Can you believe we're getting so close? I can't.. I wish time would slow down

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home? My fear is how am I going to deal with a newborn and my 2 year old at the same time. But I have a feeling I will manage..

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how? I'm not worried about the change in my life, since I a BTDT mommy now..

How does your dh/so feel about it? He's excited but not looking forward for the late nights.. lol

What are you most looking forward to? Holding my baby in my arms.. My family is complete.. I have my boy and my girl..

What are you dreading or worrying about the most? I'm praying the diabetes goes away like it did with my first pregnancy. Being at risk for being a Type 2 diabetic is vary scary..

How long do you think the adjustment will take? Not vary long.. I know what to expect now..

July 8th, 2009, 07:22 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Can you believe we're getting so close? No!

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home? I worry about how DS will handle having a little sister and having to share us. I also worry about how I'll function on so little sleep and be able to take care of them both.

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how? I wonder how I'll manage to get two little ones in and out of the house by myself if we go anywhere when DH is working!

How does your dh/so feel about it? He worries about the lack of sleep of course and how Ben will handle everything.

What are you most looking forward to? Holding my little girl in my arms, seeing her brother hold her for the first time, being able to hold both of my kids at one time.

What are you dreading or worrying about the most? Just how to make everything go as smoothly as possible. DS is a really great kid but I know even the greatest of kids can have their jealous moments.

How long do you think the adjustment will take? If I knew that I'd go write a parenting book and make a ton of money!

July 8th, 2009, 07:25 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you believe we're getting so close? NO! lol....

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home? No fears yet, just excitement!

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how? Not really, more looking forward to that change.

How does your dh/so feel about it? He tells my belly he can't wait to meet her...so I guess he's excited. He's more worried about labor lol

What are you most looking forward to? Bonding with the baby and DH. Family moments.

What are you dreading or worrying about the most? Lack of sleep.

How long do you think the adjustment will take? Not sure. We'll have just moved into a new house (Sept. 5th) so there will be lots of adjusting to do!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 8th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Snowpeas
Can you believe we're getting so close? Heck no! lol

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home? I worry about how Olivia will adjust & how I will adjust to being a mommy of two.

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how? Yes, I worry about how I will coordinate & balance everything since I have a toddler to take care of as well. I worry about meeting the needs of both children & being able to function out & about.

How does your dh/so feel about it? He is excited. He does much better with lack of sleep than I do. Right now he's worried about getting our house ready for a newborn since we're not even living there yet.

What are you most looking forward to? Holding him close, when they get older they don't sit still! Also bf'ing a newborn again.

Lack of sleep since with Olivia I won't be able to sleep when baby sleeps. Also trying to cope with the crazy hormones in the beginning.

How long do you think the adjustment will take? A long time. lol But am hoping we will have a routine of some sort and get back to somewhat normal after a month or two.
July 8th, 2009, 08:42 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears

--------------------------It still feels like its so far away, but yet still close??

-------------------------Honesty.... my fear is that I will NOT bring a baby home, a stillbirth or something

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how?

-------------------------Not really worried about once baby is home though.... BTDT. I will have 4 kids in school and 3 at home.

-------------------------he doesn't say much

------------------------meeting the baby and nursing, oh and cloth diapering a new born

-------------------------lack of sleep and a baby that does't like the carseat, we have to get kids to and from school.

-------------------------not long im sure.

July 8th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
I worry a little about handling two children at the same time when both of them will depend on me for so much. As stupid as it sounds, the real worry I have right now (and have had) is figuring out how to keep the IL's from coming over every day and ruining that precious time for me again.

Yes. I worry about mine and DF's relationship. I feel it will make us grow stonger but you never know..and I'm terrified of it doing the opposite. I will also be a mommy to two kiddos. It took me a long while before I could finally fit me and mommy together when Spencer was born.

He is so excited and it's cute! He talks to my tummy and kisses/rubs it all the time. He also talks to Spencer about his new little brother.

Those sweet, precious newborn moments..their breath, coos, the way they're always curled up and always wanting/needing comfort, the way they smell...gosh so much. The newborn stage doesn't last long at all.

IL's..'nuff said
And taking care of two children all by myself during the day. But I know I can do it and we're hoping Spencer will be in daycare by then so it will lessen the stress. He needs friends and socialization anyway.

A few weeks at least I'm sure.

July 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
Eh.. still kinda seems like forever away

Taking care of him and Jeffrey.. Hoping Jeffrey will handle going from the only baby to having to share mommy and daddy with a brother.

I think me and Jeff might get a bit more stressed out at first between my hormones and the lack of sleep I'm afraid I might go nuts... I'm extremely worried about getting PPD, I had a bit of it with my son but was too embarrassed/afraid to say anything and don't wanna go though that again

DH doesn't talk too much about it so I don't really know..

Meeting my little guy and Jeffrey meeting him, seeing how he reacts.

I'm going back to work so I worry about how they will be while I'm gone and how long MIL will be able to handle it before she doesn't want to watch them for me anymore lol

Forever.. haha the fun part of being a mom.. once you "adjust" to one thing everything seems to change up a bit.

July 8th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Super Mommy
Can you believe we're getting so close? Sometimes I feel wow so close then sometimes it feel oh, so far away

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home? I don’t think I have fears (not right now anyway), I keep trying to imagine talking to him, dressing him, trying to figure out what his face would like.

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how? No I don’t worry, I have my mum. I know life would change and I’m ready for the changes…I think.

How does your dh/so feel about it? I think everything is still surreal to him…he needs to see the person. Even though he went with me to the gender U/S he still can’t believe it’s a boy.

What are you most looking forward to? Holding him!!!

What are you dreading or worrying about the most? Probably financial…been able to provide his needs all the time.

How long do you think the adjustment will take? 2 – 3 months. (I don’t know..is that reliastic?)
July 8th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Veteran
Send a message via ICQ to Preggersforthefirsttime
Can you believe we're getting so close? No I can't! It is amazing how fast the time has flown by for me personally. It's also amazing to think that you create something so precious in such a short amount of time.

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home? I don't really have any thoughts or fears about bringing Madison home aside from the fact that I wont be prepared enough. I keep reading books and researching online and know my mother instinct will kick in, but I still feel like I don't know enough about new babies!

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how? I know that having Madison is a huge blessing so I don't worry about our life changing aside from it being enriched by her physically being here. Oh, and the usual sleep deprivation that goes along with being a new parent

How does your dh/so feel about it? My DH feels the same way I do.

What are you most looking forward to? The thing I am looking forward to the most is not being pregnant anymore since this one has been a little rough for me and being able to actually hold her in my arms. It will be exciting to do the little things like give her a bath, change her, see her smile, and feed her. I am also really looking forward to seeing DH's face the first time he sees her.

What are you dreading or worrying about the most? The thing I am dreading the most is labor because I don't know what to expect. I am also dreading the fact that DH is deploying in Nov for six months .

How long do you think the adjustment will take? I'm hoping that after a couple of weeks of her being here we will get into a good routine and adjust to each other.
July 8th, 2009, 01:56 PM
*Hayley*
yes and no
being a mom to two and having enough time for both boys
i worry about how it will change our relationship (DH and me) because we barely spend time together as it is.
he's just as excited as me and that's a lot
seeing baby for the first time
that Cohen will have a really hard time adjusting
i have no clue!
July 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Can you believe we're getting so close?I don't feel like I am close yet.

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home?MY biggest fear is with my 2 year old. He is admittedly spoiled and this is going to be very hard for him. We are going to have to work hard to balance him and the baby. I am seriously terrified how he is going to take it!Also I worry that this baby will be as fussy as Blake because I can't imagine having had a toddler when he was little with how much work he was.

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how?Nope. We have one so I don't think it can change that much more!

How does your dh/so feel about it?I think he has the same fears I do. How our 2 year old will do. Also he is worried about how much more work 2 will be compared to one!

What are you most looking forward to?Meeting him!!!

What are you dreading or worrying about the most?Blake and Maternity leave. I don't know why but I can't the thought of someone taking over my classroom. LOL!

How long do you think the adjustment will take? I have no idea. That is what scares me
July 8th, 2009, 06:01 PM
MaddApple's Avatar Expecting a boy 10/21/09
Send a message via Yahoo to MaddApple
Can you believe we're getting so close? Yes

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home? My biggest fear is that my oldest son can adjust to the change with a new baby in the house. He can be sweet but he needs more attention then the others.

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how? Yes. Being home by myself with 4 small kids.

How does your dh/so feel about it? He is just going with the flow

What are you most looking forward to? holding my new little one

What are you dreading or worrying about the most? who will take care of the kids while i'm in labor.

How long do you think the adjustment will take? Maybe 6 to 12 months

July 9th, 2009, 03:48 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Can you believe we're getting so close? Not at all...time is going way to fast

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home? Xavier not being able to adjust

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how? Yes, with all of Xavier's energy I'm worried that once dh deploys I will be overwhelmed.

I don't think he's actually thought about it. He's still on cloud 9 knowing he's getting a daughter
What are you most looking forward to? Seeing what she looks like

What are you dreading or worrying about the most? That she will have as much or more energy then Xavier. I'm hoping for a laid back and calm baby

How long do you think the adjustment will take? Well, I figure once we get adjusted as a family dh will deploy and I will have to adjust all over again. Luckily my mom is coming here to Italy for Christmas
July 9th, 2009, 09:24 AM
megan72782's Avatar Veteran
Can you believe we're getting so close? it feels like I've been pregnant forever, but at the same time, it feels like I just found out yesterday!

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home? I am just stressing about leaving my other kids while I'm in the hospital. I think once I'm home I'll be good.

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how? Not really.

How does your dh/so feel about it? he is excited to be a daddy again

What are you most looking forward to? I can't wait to see my older kids interact with the baby. And also holding him and taking in all the new baby smell I can. lol

What are you dreading or worrying about the most? The delivery. I am trying my hardest to deliver at the hospital of my choice, but I think I will be stuck at the ghetto hospital my insurance assigned me to.

How long do you think the adjustment will take? I know that the first 6 weeks were always the hardest, and then we'd fall into a routine and it was a cakewalk. So I am hoping for the same or sooner.

July 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Can you believe we're getting so close? Nope! I was just telling DH the other night, it feels like this pregnancy has just FLOWN by! I am so ready to hold and cuddle my new little bundle (and see what he/she looks like), but I'm feeling not so ready for the all nighters again LOL.

So what are your thoughts & fears about bringing your baby home? My only fear is that Noah will not adjust well He's my little man and he's VERY attached to me....so I'm really worried about how he will react

Do you worry about how your life will change once you bring a new little life into it? If so, how? Nah, we already have 6...one more is no biggie LOL. Not much change from 6-7 I'm assuming

How does your dh/so feel about it? Oh he is super excited I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful hubby who will pick the baby up every two hours in the middle of the night in a heart beat. I have to feed him, but he'll change is diaper for me. He's very helpful and loves every minute of it

What are you most looking forward to? Holding and cuddling him I can't wait to get my hands on this little one who kicks non stop every night LOL

What are you dreading or worrying about the most? just dreading Noah's reaction and the all nighters.

How long do you think the adjustment will take? Not too long (hopefully)

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...xzz0KmV21sMb&D

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search