First Prenatal Class

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 04:36 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went to out first prenatal class Tuesday night. I got to meet some other expectant women and DH got to talk to some other father's to be.

The nurse discuss the different stages/phases of labor, then we watched a video. Oh my, to see DH's face! He's pretty "faint of heart", and he wasn't too bad through the birthing parts (they didn't show too much though....just the baby coming out) but when they showed the placenta, he had to close his eyes and turn his head! He's afraid now that he's going to pass out or throw up when he's in there with me. He keeps trying to talk me into not needing him there lol

They gave us a lot of resources and pamplets! I'm looking forward to the next one now...."Possible procedures and interventions".

The class is every Tuesday night, for 4 more weeks (so 5 meetings total). This should make time go by even faster!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 9th, 2009, 04:55 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I love prenatal classes. We have something similar on post that dh and I are going to try to do. however, he leaves in about 5 weeks for 3 weeks then it's only 3 weeks until the baby is born so I'm not sure how/if we will make it work.
July 9th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Snowpeas
LOL @ your Dh. I'm sure once he's there with you he'll be so distracted with everything going on he won't even notice the placenta, etc.

I just signed up for classes yesterday. It's for the month of August on Tuesday evenings. I'm really excited. I never took any classes when pregnant with Olivia because the hospital was over an hour away and they charged big bucks for them. This time around they are super close AND free. I can't wait.
July 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
wowsa! doesn't it make it feel even more real and even closer with the classes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search