Child Birth Classes

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Veteran
Send a message via ICQ to Preggersforthefirsttime
Deleted

Last edited by Preggersforthefirsttime; March 27th, 2011 at 07:25 PM.
July 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're enrolled in the 4 part L.A.T.E. childbirth class at our hospital. We've done 2 of the classes so far. It overs the four stages of labor and we also practice some breathing and get a tour of the L&D dept. After those classes we also have infant care, breastfeeding, and safety/cpr classes.
July 9th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Snowpeas
I just signed up last night for classes. I never did them the first time & didn't feel I really needed them (had a hospital tour & my doctor was very good about explaining everything) but I'm at a different hospital this time so I thought it would be interesting to attend (plus they're free this time, lol).

My classes start in August and are every Tuesday evening for two hours.
July 9th, 2009, 01:57 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Not I! We did a one night class when we had our first. But I have never gone back for refreshers.

July 9th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
We signed up for prepared childbirth classes there are 5 classes 3 hours each. We are also taking a breastfeeding class and hubby is taking Boot Camp for New Dads. We are also taking a tour of the hospital and thinking about a free infant safety class. Can you tell we are first time parents and totally need all the help we can get?

July 9th, 2009, 06:08 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm not doing child birth class this time. We did it with DS. I do want to do a hospital tour though because we are at a different hospital this time and I've never been there before.

July 9th, 2009, 07:12 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started ours Tuesday night. They're every Tuesday for 5 weeks (4 left!),

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 10th, 2009, 01:51 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
We are taking "Bringing Baby Home" class. Since dh's schedule is so crazy once he goes back to work on the 18th we aren't able to do structured classes. The people we are working with will work around our schedule. We are doing one on one classes.
July 10th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are first time parents and we've actually decided we are just going to 'wing it'. I feel comfortable and not at all anxious about labor and I want to keep it that way. I'm getting an epidural and figure the nurses/doctor will tell me everything I need to know. I know I'm in the minority and I get a lot of weird looks when I tell people that we aren't doing any formal preperation - but oh well.

I am, however, signed up for a breastfeeding class and will probably look into infant safety/CPR.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
July 10th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
mine is not this weekend but next weekend and includes a tour of the hospital we will be delivering at, it was the last one they had i could squeeze into before Elise makes her apperance

July 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We did a class with DD, but won't with this one. It was only two years ago and in the same hospital, so I feel fine about it.

I'm considering a breastfeeding refresher course though, sinve bfing didn't work with DD.
July 10th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Peytonsmomma
thanks for reminding me! i need to sign up for one, we are going to do a one day class next month!
July 10th, 2009, 02:52 PM
xoleaxo's Avatar Veteran
i think we are planning to sign up for a couple: the childbirth class and budget for baby class. i wanted my husband to go to "daddy bootcamp" but he's not really feeling it. lol

July 10th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There are so many here to choose from. We opted for a 10 class program, which is scheduled, as well as possible, to land you with 6 classes prior to delivery and 4 afterwards which you bring the baby to. I think it will be good... they cover the basics, plus L&D, BF'ing, and the 4 last classes include at least one class on infant massage. I'm looking forward to it. We start August 26 and go until October 28th or so, with my EDD falling right in line with the 6/4 split on Oct 1.
July 10th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Super Mommy
omg - I totally need to get on this! I keep thinking about it but forget to call. I didn't even think about the classes filling up and us not being able to get in in time for Tegan's arrival. DH and I are first timers and I really want to go to some of the classes our hospital offers. I hope we can still get in.

July 10th, 2009, 05:56 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not doing another one this time, but I think they are great. Even if you know what to expect and don't really "need" the class, it's quite a memory for you and your SO. We have an awesome pic of DH wearing the sympathy belly pad standing next to me. We had a blast laughing at the instruction and just spending time together- a couple of our friends also signed up for the same course and we got to spend time with them and get lunch and dinner and stuff. Almost makes me wish we were going this time... sniff... but after 25+hours labor, 2 cases of mastitis and extreme latch issues with Hugo, I think we could actually teach the class as well as become lactation consultants now. LOL.

July 10th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not me! We did a class with DD and it didnt prepare me or tell me anything I didnt already know from reading books. I got more out of reading about the Bradley Birth Method online (which is the birthing method I chose with DS) than I did taking the Lamaze class with DD. I'm going with the Bradley Method again with this labor and delivery.
July 11th, 2009, 07:04 AM
*TJM*'s Avatar Veteran
Nope not this time..we did classes oh 17 yrs ago with our first & just never felt the need to do them again.

July 11th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No classes here...We did them before Joey was born. I'd like to tour the hospital, though. My doc moved to a new one and I'd like to see it. Not worried, just curious.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search