Team Yellow

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 04:37 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know there are only a few of us but how many of us are there exactly?

How are you coping with the "what are you having" question?

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 9th, 2009, 05:56 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a team yellow but everyone else I know IRL who are expecting are all waiting to find out. Everyone seems shocked and disappointed that we found out!
July 9th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Im not on the yellow team either, but my friend just had her baby about 2 weeks ago and didn't know the sex before birth. It was SO exciting. It takes a LOT of strength and patience to deal with all the people asking questions, I give you big props girl, the surprise in the end is so worth it I sometimes wish I didn't find out yet.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

July 9th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
I am dealing with it bit by bit. Sometimes I think it would be easier to know and call the baby by a name. I am constantly picking a gender depending on what I am talking about. Then people think that I know what I am having.

It is weird to think that I could know and the baby is either a boy or a girl. I look down and think what are you and what will you be like. It is going to be really cool for everyone to be on pins and needles wondering which we had. It is so different for everyone around me and in my family.

How are you doing? Is it getting harder or easier to wait?
Ezra Ray 7lb. 7oz. born at 4:20

July 9th, 2009, 10:37 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its getting harder for me. I knew with both Jassie and Zac. Jas we found out at 21 weeks, and Zac at 18 so this is new to me. Its very odd not to know who is in there.

I am getting very sick of the look of pity I get when I tell people we don't yet know the gender.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 9th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I was really amazed at how offended people got when I told them. They would argue with me about why we should change our minds. My boss even said he was yelled at when he would mention it in conversation with a friend or something. He was taken back that I wasn't even there to defend myself and people he knew were all uptight about it. Somewhere in between people have been more receptive to it and a few more people are really excited we decided to wait. People are funny.

July 10th, 2009, 06:01 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I still feel like im on the yellow/green team cuz we didn't get a 100% girl

July 10th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Veteran
I am on team yellow. So far it hasn't been too bad. It helps that I know quite a few people due this Fall and none of them are finding out either.
I just can't wait for the surprise, I think that moment will be awesome.

July 10th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Out of about five couples, we are the only ones that are waiting. It is so weird that they all know and we got preggers first.

July 10th, 2009, 10:14 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im on team yellow (for at least another 2 weeks! haha) I might find out at my next ultrasound. I really want to know, and I don't think it'll take anything away to find out - so I might as well

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
July 11th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Veteran
I am getting very sick of the look of pity I get when I tell people we don't yet know the gender.[/quote]

Yep, me too! So wierd!!
But we are few and far between, I think...everyone I talk to is just shocked that we haven't found out, but whatever.,

I've started answering the ever-present question with... "A baby." or "A suprise" (if I'm feeling nicer that day )
July 11th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're waiting to find out as well, and I think it's great!! Some days are kind of tough, I guess, but overall I'm happy not to know. I have hopes that it will give me a bit more strength while in L&D
So far, the people around me have been awesome about it. Of course everyone wants to give me their opinion as to what I'm having, but that I can deal with... if it keeps them from giving me their opinion on anything else!! Ha ha!!
we actually had our 2nd 3D ultrasound today (we won a package at a fundraiser), and that is probably the hardest time... just because I want to see so much more of the baby, but the technician won't move away from the face because they don't want to risk accidentally showing the gender!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search