Work?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
SamanthaRose's Avatar Veteran
Well i need a job! So i posted something on my myspace saying i was looking for a job and one of my friends started yelling at me telling me that i was stupid... ? I just wanted to smack the crap out of her!!! She said that im to far along o go to work.. WHATEVER! I feel fine and also my fiance has just got his hours cut ONCE again! He now makes only about 130 a week... Thats not enough to support a baby! And she knows that he just got cut again but still she says i am stupid because i will hurt the baby if i go to work! ***... So i was wondering, Are you still working? When are you going to go on leave? And how long will you wait to go back to work after baby? TY
July 10th, 2009, 09:57 AM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm still working and plan on working up til the day I have my LO. Unless doc says otherwise. I also plan on coming back at 6 weeks. Don't want too but I am the only one who does my job so I have too. I would say you are fine to go to work unless your doc has you on some kind of restrictions.

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

July 10th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
I plan on working until my co-workers say you can't be here anymore. We are not handicapped because we are pregnant. As long as the place you work is not hazardous and you can relax when you need to, I don't see a problem with it. You just need to know when enough is enough and when the baby might be in trouble due to stress or whatever. I am fortunate that my job is sitting down, but customer service can be stressful sometimes. My co-workers have my back though.

I am not sure if I am going back to this job. I have been trying to find something else for quite some time. I am leaving that in God's hands.
Ezra Ray 7lb. 7oz. born at 4:20

July 10th, 2009, 10:06 AM
SamanthaRose's Avatar Veteran
i know! And i can understand how she could say that if something was worng or if my doctor said not to... But he didnt and i feel fine... im not even that big yet that its getting uncomfortable, its starting to but not to a point that i couldnt work!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my Amazing siggie!!!
July 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My last day is August 28th, which is early but I'm taking 2 weeks vacation before my mat leave (we are moving September 5th so I need the time). I'll be off for a year which is the standard mat leave in Canada.

It's fine to be working as long as you have no restrictions and its not like you're doing hard manual labor.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 10th, 2009, 10:37 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Lots of women work while pregnant and many work right up until they have the baby. As long as you feel up to it there's nothing wrong with it. Obviously jobs that require heavy lifting or being around dangerous chemicals would be out of the question but other than that you should be fine.

July 10th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
Ok going to work will not hurt the baby unless there is an issue. I currently work and will be until mid to end of August. Your "friend" is the stupid one. As long as you feel fine you can work.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

July 10th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Snowpeas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
Lots of women work while pregnant and many work right up until they have the baby. As long as you feel up to it there's nothing wrong with it. Obviously jobs that require heavy lifting or being around dangerous chemicals would be out of the question but other than that you should be fine.

I worked until I was 35 weeks pregnant (at a physical job) and I only stopped because I had complications (concerns about the placenta after a fall).
July 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I will be working until I have this baby. I won't be going back to the same place after so I'm not sure how long I'm going to take off before I go on a job search. I don't see anything wrong with working while pregnant. In fact there have been studies done that show that women who are not active have more complications than women who are.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
July 10th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm working until Sept 10, and my EDD is Oct 1. My first day of mat leave was supposed to be Sept 21, but I need to take my last week of vacation before then, so because of that I'll be done at 37 weeks. I agree with everyone else's comments... you know how you're feeling, and as long as you are up to it, and the baby and pregnancy are all healthy, then you should be able to work for as long as you like!!!
July 10th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I plan on working up until the day before my induction and I work on my feet 10 hours a day (4 days out of the week).. I did this with my first pregnancy as well.. Just because we are pregnant, doesn't mean we are fragile and we are suppose to lie on the couch all day.. In my case, lying around is vary bad for me.. I need to be active..

July 11th, 2009, 11:55 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I don't work out of the home, im a SAHM so some may assume its not hard work and I don't do much, but with 6 kids.... obviously I work up until labor. I still have a house to clean, food to cook, and kids to care for, no break for me. LOL

As long as your doc says its okay for you to work and its a safe for pregnancy thing I say go for it! I hope you can find someone willing to hire, seems like its a hard time right now.

I will be thinking of you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search