Anyone else's baby transverse?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2009, 06:45 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sergio is, on and off!! Anyone else?
I was soooo happy last weekend when I was telling my FIL to cross his fingers that Sergio would flip right side up (down?) and then not 30 minutes later, he did. It felt horrible and I almost got sick, but I was a little more comfortable.

Tonight I felt him inching around and I think he has turned sideways again! It feels... sucky. My first son never laid that way and it really freaked me out the first time this one did it. It was over a month ago when Sergio crawled around sideways and it was right before a midwife visit. It happened in the middle of the night and I thought I was dreaming- but sure enough the midwife noticed first thing! He was transverse again at my last appt. and she said he had about 5 weeks to situate himself properly. I was so happy when he turned last week because I got those little arms and legs out of my ribcage, but it feels like they are back.

I don't want an external version or a c-section!!! Maybe by my next appt. (and u/s) we will know and see more.

July 11th, 2009, 07:24 PM
CriscoNinja
This baby isn't transverse atm, BUT my son Jarrod was transverse until 32 weeks!!!!!! He did turn and I felt like i was dying, I swear it was worse than labor! lol I have major stretch marks from him doing that too... little stinker...
July 11th, 2009, 07:26 PM
*Hayley*
he'll turn...it just means he has plenty of room right now. my DS did that and turned at the end of the pregnancy. this one is doing the same thing..he spends most of his time that way.
July 11th, 2009, 07:39 PM
So I have a part 2 to the question: anyone else with a transverse baby also have a low-lying placenta?? I did at my 20-wk u/s and that's why I'm having the next u/s at 30. I am concerned that is what's keeping him from going head down.

I agree with the feeling like labor when they turn... it can be absolutely horrible!! My husband has no idea the discomfort I have been going through. It's like having a little human flipping in my belly... haha.

July 11th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Super Mommy
Its a problem for them to be transverse right now?
I think my lo is always laying sideways and will occasionally be vertical when she is flipping around. So this is not so good? I mean, I know they eventually have to get into a head down position but so soon?

July 11th, 2009, 11:05 PM
xoleaxo's Avatar Veteran
mine was moving between breech and transverse at my ultrasound a few weeks ago. i have no idea what position she is in now, though.. i get uncomfortable kicks in my side at times.

July 12th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Snowpeas
Josiah has been transverse about 98% of the time. I can feel the pressure in my right hip from his head a lot of the time, but other than that there's not too much discomfort. It's only in the last few weeks that he's started experimenting with other positions, but he always goes back to his comfy transverse position.

Right now I'm okay with it as he has plenty of time to be head down. On the few occasions he is head down now I feel such intense pressure and discomfort in my back and lower pelvis area, so I'm okay with him being sideways for now, much more comfy for now (thank goodness for wide hips!). As long as he moves when the time comes! Dr. wasn't concerned yet.

My placenta is not low this time around, it is rather high. With Olivia it was low and she was head down from 20 weeks on and never changed. It's weird how different they all are!
July 12th, 2009, 09:53 AM
*Hayley*
it's not a problem at all for them to be transverse right now. the doctors won't start feeling to see if the baby is head down until like 36-37 weeks.
July 12th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I think it's more a problem in the 3rd tri for the placenta to still be low than for them to be transverse. They do have right up until the end to turn from whatever position they're in. I'm just concerned mine maybe isn't/hasn't turned and stayed because of the placenta's position (which would be more of an issue, I will find out in 2 weeks!).

Mostly I posted b/c I wondered who else was uncomfortable with baby either sideways or turning around and back.

July 12th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Addison was transverse a while back ... they said it was just because she had plenty of room to do what she wanted ... the next U/S had her head down ... however ... I'm sure she has moved again ... we'll see on the 25th when we have our 1st 3D/4D U/S !

July 12th, 2009, 10:59 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby is transverse off and on. I actually like feeling baby flip around....lol it feels cool.

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
July 12th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Veteran
2 weeks ago I had an ultrasound and they said that the baby is butt down -- which would explain all the pressure I've been having -- but now I dont know if she moved or not -- her kicks have been feeling different -- I go to the doctors tomorow for my first 2 week appts -- yippe I go every 2 weeks now -- so I will see what the doctor says -- I hear they can still move alot -- I remember when my first daughter turned -- it was soooo uncomfortable and painful ----
July 13th, 2009, 07:56 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im pretty sure this baby has hits head under my ribs on the right and the feet are down younder...

July 13th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Super Mommy
Iím not sure how mine is lying but I feel the kicks more to the left so Iím assuming sideways but my ribs donít hurt. I think they said baby can still change position until 32 weeks right?
July 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM
CohensMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
My baby is like that too. That explains the pain/pressure in my hips and lower back and the kicks under my ribs. Cohen was breech until 35 weeks, and born at 36 he flipped on his own so I'm not too concerned about it!

xo
July 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Veteran
How in the world can you guys tell which way theyre lying? I can't feel anything distinguishable I get kicks mostly on both sides, but many times down really low, almost like a bm (sorry, tmi) But no real hard pat that I'd think was a head....confused.
July 13th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Snowpeas
I can tell when Josiah's lying transverse because I get a LOT of pressure in my right hip (almost like he's jammed against it) and I feel movements both on my right side & on my left but none above my belly button or down low.

He was lying transverse at both ultrasounds too so I was able to correlate the feelings I was having with the ultrasound actually telling me for sure how he was lying.

Twice he's been head down, then I actually felt movements & kicks above my belly button & down low, along with a ton of pressure in my lower belly & back & none in my hip.

I've read their head doesn't start to get hard until 31-32 weeks & before that time it's really hard to tell what part is their head. Once the bones harden it's supposed to be a lot easier to determine their position.
July 14th, 2009, 01:17 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This little person is head down.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

July 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Maura has been transverse almost the whole time. My doctor wasn't at all concerned and said that most babies will lie transverse until they run out of room and have to move. All I know about how she's laying is that she kicks in the exact same spot (lower right abdomen- thanks kid) and I occasionally feel her flipping over. But her feet NEVER STOP KICKING THAT SPOT! ugh I would rather feel the pressure that have the sensation that she's trying to break free through my stomach.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search