Hip pain

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2009, 07:00 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
My hips are really killing me. They are sore during the day but it's not so bad that I can't deal with it. At night is a different story. I can't get comfortable and when I try to roll over or when I have to get up to pee the pain is just awful.

It's been so bad that it's actually made me cry and last night I took my breath away when I rolled over because it hurt so bad. Sometimes my hips and lower back crack when I roll over.

I got the maternity support belt and started wearing it yesterday. I'm hoping that will help.

Anyone else dealing with it this badly or does anyone have any suggestions?

July 12th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you ever tried any yoga at all? I also tend to have hip problems, as does a girlfriend of mine. She's just started practicing pre-natal yoga, which she finds does help. I've been practicing different types of yoga for about 3 years, and am now doing a pre-natal class, and it helps me to manage my hip pain as well as the sciatc nerve pain I have running down my right side. It's hard for me to describe the poses to you this way, but try googling "Hip Opening Yoga poses/positions/asanas" and you may find pictures or videos?? I hope this helps.
July 12th, 2009, 11:09 AM
There aren't pre natal classes around here so I'd have to do it on my own. I'll try to see what I can find on Google. I'm afraid that it might make things worse though so I don't usually do Yoga and I'm out of shape.

July 12th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Snowpeas
((hugs))

I had really bad hip & pubic bone pain with Olivia at the end of my pregnancy. I never did find anything to help with it, but I never did try a belly band.

I really hope it can help.
July 12th, 2009, 12:59 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes! Not as bad as you're experiencing it.. but I never felt ANY hip pain with Holden and this time around there are times during the day where it hurts to even walk. The worst is this ZAPPING pain around my hips when baby kicks certain areas.

I do prenatal yoga 5 times a week and unfortunately it isn't helping me, but that doesn't mean it couldn't help you!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

July 12th, 2009, 01:14 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
I get that a lot too but have'nt really done anything to try and help..

Another thing that keeps waking my up at night is the cramping I randomly get in my calves owie!!

July 12th, 2009, 02:08 PM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I asked my doctor at my last visit about how to relieve the pubic bone pain and lower back pain and he recommended a pregnancy girdle. I haven't purchased one yet, but I think I may have to get myself one. He said they can be bought at Target as well as other places.

July 12th, 2009, 04:27 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I find the hula hoop game on the Wii fit seems to help mine. It does get unbearable at times though.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 12th, 2009, 05:49 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Ugh. I'm right there with you. I'm literally lying here crying right now after my 8 hour shift on my feet. My back, my hips, my belly and my pelvis are trying to kill me.

What kind of maternity belt did you get? Please let me know if it helps.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
July 12th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I got the Especially for Mom maternity support belt from Babies R Us. It helped while I was on my feet working last night but I still hurt like heck in bed later.

July 12th, 2009, 08:47 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you are able to find something to help reduce/eliminate your pain.

July 12th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
My hips hurt worse at night too. When I turn over I have to sit up or it feels like something is going to break.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
July 13th, 2009, 08:08 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im sorry girl! It sounds painful! I have no ideas to help! ((((HUGS))))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search