ugggh tmi

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2009, 11:03 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still constipated!! I feel like I'm never going to poop ever again I'm soo uncomfortable!! I've tried eating lots of veggies & fruits & whole grains, and drinking tons of water.. I've eaten prunes, I drink hot water after meals, I have coffee in the morning. . . nothing is working for me. I really don't want to take anything, I really want to just stick to the natural way of things.

Any suggestions girls?? Has anyone tried prune juice? does it work? I'm still trying to track some down, my grocery store doesn't have it.

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
July 12th, 2009, 11:11 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Try Metamucil. You can also try things like Activia yogurt to help you get back on track. If that doesn't work you really should go ahead and take a stool softener. They aren't at all dangerous for the baby and being constipated is not good for you.

July 12th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Snowpeas
I use something similar to Metamucil that I sprinkle on my food (you can't taste it) and it adds lots of fiber. That has really helped me a lot.
July 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried the fiber one bars? I eat one every morning for breakfast and it's amazing how much they help! You can take milk of magnesia (not constantly) but to get you going again, then try the fiber one bars every day.

July 12th, 2009, 11:45 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is something I have been battling this WHOLE pregnancy! It's terrible. I have used everything...Metamucil, extra fiber in cereals, extra water, Activia, and then finally Milk of Magnesia. The problem was all of those things seem to work a total of 2 times and then I was back to being in pain. My mom just told me last night that the ONLY thing that helped her during her pregnancy with me was prune juice! She said she drank 6 oz a day and it worked. So, keep looking for it I guess..when I get home (am out of town) I am going to be buying some! Good luck...cause I feel your pain!!!
July 12th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness... you poor girl. I've been lucky, and have stayed completely regular. All I can suggest to go along with the higher fibre and water in your diet that you're already doing is walking... as often as you can. Maybe you're already doing it, but if not, give it a try. I think it works wonders.
July 12th, 2009, 01:02 PM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know for Holden EVERYONE always suggested Flaxseed Oil. Just drip some in your drink or in your food and apparently it works miracles.

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

July 12th, 2009, 01:58 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have that problem I hope you are able to go soon.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

July 12th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks girls, I've been drinking lots of water and I'm going to the grocery store to track down some prune juice soon. I sure hope it works It's soo frustrating!! I think I'm anxious about not being able to go too and I don't think that's helping

July 12th, 2009, 03:53 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Olivia+Josiah View Post
I use something similar to Metamucil that I sprinkle on my food (you can't taste it) and it adds lots of fiber. That has really helped me a lot.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 12th, 2009, 08:21 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you find something that will help. Good luck!

July 12th, 2009, 08:42 PM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would also suggest the Metamucil. But, on another note, what kind of prenatal vitamins are you taking? You may want to talk to your doctor about giving you a prenatal that has a stool softener included with it. I take CitraNatal Assure, it comes with two pills for each day. It is calcium citrate and iron plus a stool softener.

July 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Well I found some prune juice. That stuff is soooo nasty!! I chugged a glass of it and chased it with a glass of water we'll see if it works....

July 12th, 2009, 09:34 PM
*Hayley*
kefir, it's like yogurt. then make sure you keep it up because the probiotics help keep your digestive system regular.

also, be careful of the fruits and veggies you are eating, lots of them like bananas and apples will bind you up.
July 13th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let us know if the prune juice works - I hope it does, being constipated is one of the most uncomfortable things!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
July 13th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I just started to take New Chapter Prenatal vitamins and this has kept me vary regular.. This vitamin also has probotics in it..

Down side, it's expensive.. You can get a 60 days supply at Super Supplements for $50. And you have to take it 3 times a day, but you can do it on a empty stomach..

New Chapter Perfect Prenatal™

Quote:
Nourish With Probiotics
Probiotics are the healthy bacteria you and your baby’s bodies need. Probiotics can promote immune protection, help to eliminate toxins, enhance digestion and create a healthy internal environment for the growth of your baby. New Chapter’s Perfect Prenatal™ starts with millions of these beneficial living cells in every serving, cultured in 10 time-tested probiotic strains.

Address Your Nausea, Indigestion & Constipation Naturally
Nausea, indigestion and constipation are constant issues for pregnant women, and many think there’s not much they can do about it. But there are certain foods and herbs that can help. For example, ginger and honey – expertly blended in New Chapter’s Ginger Honey Tonic –is clinically shown to safely reduce nausea in pregnancy.** Highly concentrated cruciferous sprouts, like our Broccolive® Plus, activates detoxification enzymes and supports immune functioning.*
New Chapter Structure Functions

July 13th, 2009, 08:21 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Colace??

July 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
me too lately....stool softeners are great. I take a laxative every now and again but thats a definite Dr approval is NEEDED thing. i take pain medicine and it immediately stops everything. so......stool softeners, and Cracklin oat bran cereal. try snacking on it dry, i had some the other night dry and then it was an easy morning lol

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

July 13th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Candace0183's Avatar Veteran
For me watermelon helps and Cream of Wheat.
July 13th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Prune Juice didn't do much

I'm going to ask my Dr about stool softeners today at my prenatal apt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search