movement.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2009, 05:52 PM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive gone a few days here and there with out feeling Damian move.. I just think to myself that its because I'm more active on those days and not really paying attention to him in there. Then I have days like today where I haven't done much in there and he must be running a marathon. I have also noticed that if I drink a glass of juice like fruit punch or something it gets him moving.

July 12th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Veteran
If you're used to feeling her regularly, and it seems odd to you that you haven't today, then I would drink some orange juice or other cold, sweet drink and lay down on your left side for awhile. You'll probably feel her within an hour.
July 12th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Veteran
I agree with the previous post -- Yesterday I was very active and when I finally laid down to relax lastnight I was thinking that I didnt feel her move really at all that day so I waited a bit and still didnt feel her -- so I drank a glass of apple juice and laid down on my left side and then all of the sudden she started moving like crazy -- now today I didnt do anything -- I've had a cold so my hubby gave me the day off -- took care of the munchkin all day -- and I have felt her move soo much today!!!!!

If you drink the juice and lay on your left side and after an hour or so don't feel her I would just call your doctor.

KUP
July 12th, 2009, 06:50 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
If you normally feel her every day you should continue to feel that. Sometimes they have quieter days but you should still feel some movement. Have you been extra busy or distracted today? Maybe she's been moving but you didn't really notice.

Try drinking something sweet like orange juice and then go lay or sit on the couch and see if she gets moving.

July 12th, 2009, 09:10 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sooo have you felt her yet??

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
July 12th, 2009, 09:36 PM
*Hayley*
i barely felt the baby move at all today, well way less than normal, but i was very active like the pps have mentioned and probably just didnt notice. if you're concerned you should call the doc. KUP, i'm sure everything is ok.
July 12th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
If you normally feel her every day you should continue to feel that. Sometimes they have quieter days but you should still feel some movement. Have you been extra busy or distracted today? Maybe she's been moving but you didn't really notice.

Try drinking something sweet like orange juice and then go lay or sit on the couch and see if she gets moving.

Ditto.

Have you felt her yet?

July 13th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Snowpeas
I have days where I feel Josiah barely at all and on other days he's super active.

If I haven't felt him as much as usual I will poke him and drink something sugary & cold and lay down on my left side for awhile. That never fails to get him going.

If you still can't feel her moving after that I would recommend calling your doctor and/or going to the ER, just to be on the safe side.

Please KUP!
July 13th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
When I was pregnant with Adriana, she barely moved.. Even when I had to do non stress tests, the nurse had to zap my belly with a vibrating thingie 3-4 times to get her to move just a little bit.. lol

With this pregnancy, my boy moves ALOT.. It's the total opposite of what Adriana did..

But I think where the placenta is can make a difference too..

If your concerned, I'd contact your doctor and maybe he/she can check on the baby's heart rate.. Just to give you a piece of mind..

July 13th, 2009, 08:13 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
you are getting to where you should have pretty regular movement. If you don't notice movement I would call your doc and start doing kick counts too.

At this point baby is pretty active... once you are way into the 3rd trimester baby starts running out of room so movement is different.

I don't wanna worry you, but if you are not feeling movement really do talk to the doc.

July 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Super Mommy
Eshum - Hope you've felt more movement since the first time you posted...
July 13th, 2009, 12:40 PM
CohensMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear that everything's fine! My doctor told me that starting at 20 weeks if I don't feel minimum 10 kicks in two hours to go straight to emerg!

xo
July 13th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
happy everything is OK, I think the same things sometimes and have noticed my LO movments have changed instead of like punches from her it is more like wiggling, they are starting to have less room in their

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search