Eeeek! xposted

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Snowpeas
There's an 8 foot boa constrictor loose in our area. Apparently it's been loose for two weeks but the owner just reported it yesterday (because they have it illegally and will now have to pay a fine).

Isn't that the same type or similar to the snake that killed that poor 2 year old girl?

They are saying not to worry about it but they are also saying to keep a close eye on small children & pets

It wasn't lost in our immediate area but it's had plenty of time to make it over here. I asked dh why it hasn't been found yet and he said it's probably hiding in bushes or trees. Maybe he's just joking but now I can't help but looking all around (& up) when I go out.

I've been taking Olivia for walks every day (good for both of us) but now I'm not sure I want to anymore

I don't know how fast they move or how hungry it is....
July 14th, 2009, 09:21 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eeeekkkk!! That's a big snake! I hope they find it soon. If it were me, I'd only be going out if I needed too....I don't know very much about boa's.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was a burmese python that killed that little girl, but any snake that big can kill a child or pet, heck even an adult. I'd be afraid too! If you go for a walk, carry something sharp with you.

July 14th, 2009, 09:44 AM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH my. I hate snakes so I for sure wouldn't be going anywhere unless I had. Hope they catch it soon. They are looking for it right??

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

July 14th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Snowpeas
They are looking for it, it's been on all the news stations & on the radio. I hope they find it soon.

It's had a two week head start though.
July 14th, 2009, 11:45 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I actually really like snakes however I would not be ok with a huge snake of unknown disposition wandering about my neighborhood! From what I've heard from snake owners, if a snake coils around you, pour alcohol on their nose they will let go. I've never had to try it as all the snakes that I've handled were well fed and not about to try to kill me. It couldn't hurt to carry a little bottle of rubbing alcohol in your purse though.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
July 14th, 2009, 12:25 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I HATE snakes.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

July 14th, 2009, 01:00 PM
*Hayley*
i'd be more concerned about it getting into the house and doing something to the baby at night than i would be going for a walk. i don't know how fast they move, but i'd guess not very, not like a rattle snake or viper. scary!
July 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Snowpeas
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hayley* View Post
i'd be more concerned about it getting into the house and doing something to the baby at night than i would be going for a walk.
I hadn't even thought of that!
July 14th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well don't dwell on it now! Just be exta cautious with Olivia around bushes or if she runs through an open field... eek! That snake is huge- I can't believe no one has seen it!
July 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eeeek!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 16th, 2009, 10:46 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Yikes! Thats crazy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search