ThatGirl, BaileyEliChase and MandyRose

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2009, 11:31 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Hi gals! I figured I would give you both a little intro about me so here goes:

I'm Shawn (30), my boyfriend Paul (31) and I are expecting our first child on October 31st. We found out at our big ultrasound on June 10th that she is a girl and we have named her Echo Ray.

This pregnancy was completely unplanned, Paul and I were only dating casually when I found out that I was pregnant. We have decided to try to make things work as a couple and raise this baby together. We've just moved into our own place and while it's been REALLY stressful I'm hopeful that it will work out with us.

So tell me a bit about yourselves!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
July 14th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Veteran
Well my name is Miranda, I go by Mandy though. I'm 24 and my husband's name is Jacob and he is 24 was well. We were high school sweethearts and married 4 years ago. This is our third try at having a baby, the first two ended in early miscarriages. And I guess technically we weren't "trying" this time. We weren't really preventing just avoiding sex certain times of month. We definitely weren't financially prepared for a little one right now. I just started a new job as a flight instructor which I lost within 2 weeks of them finding out i was pregnant. On our u/s at 21 weeks we found we are having a little girl and are planning on naming her Autumn Rose. Ummm thats all I can think of for now cant wait to get to know you guys better

Thank you so much to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my beautiful siggy!
July 15th, 2009, 04:44 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Hi Mandy! I used to be in roller derby with a girl named Miranda. Gorgeous name!

I'm sorry to hear about your losses and that you lost your job. I guess we're both int the unplanned pregnancy boat together.

I feel like now that I've had my big u/s this pregnancy has crawled to a snails pace. The next milestone for me isn't until August when I hit the third trimester. Then after that my baby shower on August 29th. I want October to be here NOW so I can meet my little girl.

July 15th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Veteran
Oh my gosh me too. Time is just crawling by. I want to stop and enjoy it but really all I want is to see my little Autumn! And I just found out my parents are going to come visit from Montana (I live in FL) and I'm really excited to see them so I want time to hurry for that too. I know some friends of mine are throwing a baby shower but no ones told me when or where my hubby is just laughing at me but it's driving me nuts I just want to know when so I can plan and i'm getting antsy cuz we are waiting till then to see what we get and what we'll still need to get so for now all I have for the baby are clothes (which I'm sure we will get plenty more of) and a swing lol that's it.

July 15th, 2009, 09:30 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I only have clothes so you're ahead of me! We were waiting until we moved into the new place and now were waiting until the shower to see what we will still need.

I'm too much of a control freak to not know about my shower. My sister is technically throwing it for me but it's going to be at my house and I'm pretty much running the show. I know you're not supposed to but my family including my sister all live an hour away from me in different parts of the state. It's just easier if I do it.

July 16th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Super Mommy
Hey Ladies!
My names Bailey, SO is Elijah, we have one child together and another on the way... we've been together going on 4 years... he has two other boys from previous relationships and this will be our first and only girl! I am swear we are done after this, although I have been fertile mertile ever since I had my son Chase. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, there has been alot going on around here and it's been really hard for me to even get excited about this pregnancy because it was unplanned and just seems to be so many bad things happening at once during this pregnancy, while my sons was quite uneventful. TTYLS!!
July 16th, 2009, 09:57 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Hi Bailey!

I guess all three of us are in the unplanned pregnancy boat. It's been super hard for me too. I'm trying to keep my chin up and a smile on my face but sometimes I can't. This board has been super helpful for me in that respect, I can come here and let off steam when I need to. What's going on right now that stressing you out? I'm willing to listen anytime you need to vent.

We're all having girls too, that's pretty rad!

July 16th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Veteran
Hehe it seems we all have a lot in common As for the baby shower I think whoever wants to throw u one can even if it's family. I threw one for my SIL last time she was prego. With this pregnancy I think i spend half the time in denial ( Like if I get excited about it then something bad will happen) and the other half completely stressed out. We just have no finances for a baby right now and Hubby is in the middle of trying to open a restaurant which hopefully will do good but in the meantime is stressing us out.

I just got back from my 1hr Glucose (sp?) test. You know what, call me crazy, but I actually thought the drink tasted good hehe i definitely had quite the sugar high for a while but overall I think (and pray) the test went fine I didn't feel weird or anything. I also went and had my RHogam (sp?) shot today. That was fun lol. Well next doc visit is next Wednesday so I guess I'll find out then how my test went.

July 16th, 2009, 02:04 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
My friend Jen liked the orange drink too. They told her she had 5 minutes to drink it and she tossed it back like a shot!

What kind of restaurant is your DH opening, Mandy? I've worked in the industry for years and well I love food so I'm quite the connoisseur.

My current stress is in the secret forum. Rawr.

July 16th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Veteran
I had the fruit punch flavor...they offered orange but i'm not a fan of orange anything so I asked for something different.

It's going to be an italian restaurant. There will be two sides. A family side with pizza delivery and more "family" attmosphere. Then a nicer side open in the evening for the fancier things and such. Also there is a banquet room in the back for parties. I think when its all said and done it should be pretty cool. My hubby went to school to be a chef but hasn't had a ton of italian experience though he is working at an italian restaurant with a friend right now just for that reason. But the other executive chef has never had "formal" training but lives for itailian food and so they make a good pair. Him with all his idea's then jacob to figure out how to execute them

I'm sorry about your in-laws. I left a note on there for you. My mom was really overbearing at first. She has told on numberous occations what I can't and can't do......I CANT get an ultrasound b/c it will hurt the baby....after I did she insisted it would now be born with some defect....I HAVE to have natural childbirth...agian if i dont there will be some terrible outcome to the baby...I have to buy this I cant buy that..... I finally about a month ago just called her and told her I love her but I can't take it anymore she did a GREAT job raising me but now its my turn and I get to make the decisions and I love her but if all she was gonna do was tell me how to do stuff I wasn't gonna call anymore cuz I was stressing me out and I dont need to be stressed right now.....I don't think she even realized how upset it made me cuz she immediately appoligized and has been awesome ever since.....she still offers advice but only as advice not as commands good luck talking to your In-laws hopefully it will go as well. I wasn't as nervous since it was my own mom but maybe if you explain (without getting to upset) they will realize how you feel and give you some room to breathe ..... PS I registered for a tub a lot like the one you did. I've seen both reviews but I really want to try it!

Wow that was really long lol sorry

July 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I had the best Italian food of my life last night. It was at this strange little restaurant that looked like a hole in the wall bar combined with a cafeteria. I was very skeptical until my caprese salad (which they called tomato and mozzarella salad ) came out. It was freaking amazing! We had bruchetta that looked like someones grandmother had hand made it back and the alfredo was the richest I have ever had. It gave me HORRIBLE heartburn but was totally worth it. It's my new favorite place to eat. The bill for our table of four was less than $50 too!

My mom was super crazy in the beginning too. She would call or text me every 20 minutes. Literally. It was in my first trimester and I was super emotional and I couldn't take it. I knew that she was just excited and wanted to help and show support but I felt smothered. I had to have my sister call her and tell her to back off. She took it really well and did exactly that. I don't think that my inlaws will be quite as understanding though. They're insane. I just might have to grin and bear it.

July 17th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Super Mommy
LOL Apparently I really have not been online as much as you ladies. Well my major stressors are first of all that court thing that I am hoping that I do not have to go through, I met with a Detective 6 weeks ago and apparently it's still "under investigation"... as far as I'm concerned it can be investigated forever!!
Second, my house was broken into last week and 800$ was stolen out of my cabinet... one guy was found on the premesis but with no money in his pocket so the police pressed me to push trespassing charges on him, meanwhile they have the name of the boy who did it, have someone who can identify him, and still not doing anything. I got word that my house was going to be raided for drugs... since when does someone have to explain why they keep money in their house??? DF is black and we live in a pridomnitly (sp?) white neihborhood so I believe it really has something to do with it! Needless to say, this pregnancy has been nothing but stressful and now with the 800$ being stolen, pushes back my plans to go shopping for either one of my kids which really sucks. I feel like the whole world sucks this summer, really!!
July 17th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Veteran
Ahhh that's horrible! I would hate it if someone broke into my house not only I think we ALL need every dime we have right now but just the feeling of not being safe anymore or violated. I couldn't stand it! We have a condo with a security system and I still get nervous being alone sometimes. I hope you get everything figured out with the detective I'm sure that is adding a lot of uneeded stress too. I hate when people discriminate against color or race. My dad is natvie american and was always treated unfairly growing up so he always was very strict that color or race doesn't matter. It's sad that even today there is still so much racism out there.
As for being on all the time. Since I lost my job all and we only have one car in use for now ( the other one is parked cuz we couldn't afford to pay the new registration on it and decided to take it off insurance and park it for a while to save money) my hubby works all day everyday and i'm stuck at home with now much to do but check JM So I come and go quite a few times during the day.

July 17th, 2009, 11:24 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I'm sorry Bailey, that does all sound really stressful. I would think that if they are still just in investigation phase on that case about you that it's probably not going to go anywhere.
I had my house broken into last year. Luckily my roommate caught the guy as he was climbing into the window and he ran off. Still I felt horribly invaded, I made my mom and step dad come to town to burglar proof our house as best as they could. I wonder if they're not doing anything to the other kid because he gave them "information" about your house being a drug house? People lie all the time to get out of trouble. Little snot.
I am on JM way too much! I only work two days a week and I'm about to be a first time mom so I don't have an adorable toddler to chase after like you do!

July 19th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Super Mommy
Ladies! I am having an even worse time this week. I think that me and DF aren't going to make in this relationship we are in, a mutual friend told us both we take for granted what each other do, he's hard headed and doesn't listen, I swear I have't seen him smile (atleast not at me) in weeks. He claims I have a bad attitude but it's because I feel I get no help and he never wants to communicate. I don't know what I should do it's getting really hard for me to be happy about another baby when I have nothing for her, a tiny apartment, and Im so burnt out cause I get no help as it is. I'm feeling that I'm going to have postpartum when she comes and I have no one to talk to. Sorry to burden u ladies with my problems.
July 19th, 2009, 05:51 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I am so sorry sweets!

Do you agree that you're taking each other for granted? It's so easy to do in a relationship. Maybe if you both wrote down what the other person brings to the table and talked about it together it might help. That way you would be focusing on what the other person does and not just on what you do. I would try to wait to make any major decisions about your relationship until after the baby is born. Pregnancy hormones tend to make things seem much bigger and more dire. If you're worried about postpartum depression you should talk to your doc now. It's important that they keep an eye on you so that it doesn't turn really bad.

Please don't feel like you're bugging us with your problems. I'm here to listen any time that you need to vent. Sometimes just talking to someone (even online) can help a lot!

July 20th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Veteran
Hey ladies, sorry I wasn't on this weekend. I felt pretty crappy all weekend and slept most of it away. Bailey, I'm sorry everything seems to be hitting you at once. I agree with Shawn though, don't make any huge changes while still pregnant these hormones make us all a little more emotional and easily frustrated. Also, DH and I went through a phase same as you described. My hubby said I didn't appriciate (cant spell lol) him and we broke up (this was about a year before we were married) I thought he was insane because of course I appriciated him! Well the more I looked at it I realized that even though I knew how I felt i didn't always show it clearly. We had a lot of long talks over the course of a few months (both did a lot of soul searching and appoligizing) and finally got back together again. Now when I see him doing something for me and make sure he knows i'm really greatful and leave him notes all the time. He brings home flowers or goodies for me at least once a week. I think now especially I have been leaning on DH for a lot more help since i've been more sick so i've been trying even harder to let him know how much he means. With this little one coming I know our time is going to be consumed by the new baby but I don't want to forget about DH and his needs too. For me though I've been lucky cuz anytime he has off he will cook most the meals (the advantages of marrying a chef) and he always cleans up after himself so i'm truly blessed . Also remember too he's probably just as stressed as you about this baby coming and probably has the same fears as you about finances and everything else going on in yall's life right now. Maybe make an effort to go on a date and just relax or even talk about some of the things your really stressed about. If your broke like us make a picnic and go to the park or something. Either way,, and feel free to talk to us anytime. I know I'm glad to have you guys to talk to cuz I know only a couple other people here my age and none of them are planning to have children anytime soon so I dont really feel I can relate or do much with them so its nice having you guys to talk to.

As for last weekend i woke up early Saturday morning (like 3am) and felt a TON of pressure on my lower left side. I thought maybe cuz I really really had to pee lol so I got up to go to the restroom then had a stabbing pain in my left side so bad I could barely walk there. Well I went pee then crawled back in bed but the pressure or pain wouldn't go away (along with a really bad backache on the right side) I laid there for about 30-45mins trying to decide if i should wake my hubby to go to the hospital or call my doctor but all the while little Autumn was kicking stong and the pain finally went away so i decided to try and go back to sleep. When I got up Saturday I still had the pressure but no pain but I felt exhausted and slept most the day as for sunday I think i didn't drink enough water on saturday cuz i wasn't feeling good so all day yesterday I had period like cramps. I drank LOTS of water and laid around all day and i feel much better this morning so hopefully all is good. My doc appt is Wednesday I'll have to ask him what might have caused all that...

July 23rd, 2009, 11:31 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
How did your doctor appointment go today, Mandi?

Bailey, are things getting any better in your neck of the woods?

I'm sorry that I haven't been on here as much lately. I've been super stressed and not in a good place.

July 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Veteran
it went good. I have gained 6lbs since the last visit (one month ago) so he said that was okay. I'm now up 4lbs from prepregnancy. I passed my diabetes test but he still told me to watch the sugar and not each to much cereals and breads. Autumn's heartbeat sounded good and he took a measurment for the first time and said it was right on where it should be.

I celebrated my halfway decent weight gain by going home and making homemade oatmeal cookies lol I think i put on another 6lbs in the past 2 days.

I hope you ladies are doing good and trying not to stress to much.

July 23rd, 2009, 08:22 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
I'm glad everything went well. I don't think that I would be able to go without cereal. It's my new morning thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search