Been MIA, 28 appt (Darn the Glucose gods) and rude people

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2009, 03:09 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
So first I apologize for being MIA for the last few days (if anyone noticed). We've been dealing with trying to get everything situated here...and well, it's taking a while.

I had my 28 week appt today. The good news is my bp was 121/52 (excellant), I lost a pound from last month (which I expected since last apptointment I gained 10 lbs). What was really funny was the medical technician wrote my weight as 10lbs heavier and my Nurse Practitioner started scolding me asking me what was going on with my diet. I smiled and was all happy - until I realized she thought I gained ANOTHER 10lbs from last month. I QUICKLY corrected the mistake! On the down side I failed my 1-hour glucose (which I thought I might). My level was 141 so I have to do the 3-hour on Friday - wish me luck!

My last quirk for today was the RUDE people at the Car Care Center. This is the place that has screwed everything to do with my car from brakes to tires. However, since they are the ONLY American car place that does oil changes I had to use them (until dh teaches me to change the oil myself). So anyway, I walk in to get the car - which took 5.5 HOURS - and I am just exhausted. It was hot and humid today and I'd been walking around for 5.5 hours. Well, the girls behind the desk were like you poor thing I bet you are. When are you due? I said October 7th. BOTH gasps and made snide comments like "Wow, I thought you were due in a month!" and "I'm glad I wasn't THAT big when I was pregnant"....Seriously, they made about 2-3 comments EACH. To be honest I didn't think I was THAT big, other then my butt and thighs which were big to begin with. Needless to say when my dh (who was there with me and overheard them) thinks I should write a letter not about just this afternoons comments but also the way the service has been with all the problems we've had. I'm thinking about it but then again really don't want to burn a bridge since I may need them during the next 3 years here!

Oh yeah, my next appointment is in 3 weeks with the nurse/midwife who just very well deliver my baby! I'm really looking forward to meeting her!
July 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, again what is it with people who think that they get to turn off the brain to mouth filter when talking to a pregnant woman??? Morons! I'd be writing a nasty gram to them for sure!!
Sorry about your GD test. I hope you pass the 3 hour one but remember to take a snack for after, you will need it!

July 14th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Snowpeas
Welcome back lady!
Yay for a great appt - so glad you corrected the doctor's mistake about your weight! Good luck with your three hour test. I failed mine too and had to take the three hour on Friday (haven't heard the results yet).

Ugh. I am soooo sick of getting comments like that too. Again on Sunday I had people assuming I was about to go into labor and were absolutely shocked when I said I had almost three months yet. Then of course they said, "twins, right"? NO. "Are you sure"? I think I would know by now if I was having twins!

Anyway, I would definitely write a letter, especially since they've been doing such crappy work with your car. ((hugs))
July 15th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Olivia+Josiah View Post
Ugh. I am soooo sick of getting comments like that too. Again on Sunday I had people assuming I was about to go into labor and were absolutely shocked when I said I had almost three months yet. Then of course they said, "twins, right"? NO. "Are you sure"? I think I would know by now if I was having twins!
((hugs))

Some people SUCK!
July 15th, 2009, 09:08 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ughhh...some people have nerve! DH's uncle called me a "beached whale" the other day...needless to say I was not very pleased. If I were you, I'd write the letter for sure.

I failed the 1-hour too and did a 2-hour test Monday. Still haven't heard from them...here's hoping no news is good news.

Good Luck with the 3-hour test! I hope you pass!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 15th, 2009, 10:30 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Without a doubt I'd complain. Between them screwing up your car and being incredibly rude you have every right to complain!

I hope you pass the 3 hour glucose test!

July 15th, 2009, 10:35 AM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
WB Glad things are starting to get better for you with settling in. I'm sure moving half across the globe takes time!

That stinks you failed the glucose test and have to do the 3 hour one on Friday. I'll be thinking of you tons. It sounds like the rest of your appt was fine though. Yeah! When do you go again?

UGH...that car place sounds awful! I'd do like DH suggested...write a letter. People can be so rude! Oy.

Take good care! Glad to see your post. Hehe. I was just thinking about emailing you back! LOL.

July 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
billie1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, can you believe the nerve of some people?!?! I would definitely complain too, especially if you think you will be needing them again sometime. Hopefully, the complaint will get the right people on those idiot's butts so that they will do some things right for a change.

July 15th, 2009, 11:07 AM
My next appointment was supposed to be 4-5 weeks but the person at the front desk didn't know how to count weeks and made me one for 3 weeks. I'm excited though since it's with the nurse/midwife that I'm hoping who will be the one to deliver our little girl.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search