Update from 28 Week Appointment

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Had my appointment yesterday evening, and things got off to a slow start. They called me just as we were leaving our house saying they were running behind but it actually worked out well 'cause I was trying to get everyone else together. This was also my glucose screening so I had some tuna around 3:00 pm (high protein low carb snack 2 1/2 hours before drinking that awful orange glucose drink), drank down the glucose stuff at 5:45, and arrived for the appointment at 6:10.

They were running a bit more behind than they expected so we didn't actually get in until 6:35. I wasn't stressing though, got to show my mother around (her first time visiting) and I know how things can be sometimes. However, they didn't seem to remember that I had the glucose screening so I did have to remind them of that - lol. Surprisingly I wasn't that hungry, but I also half expected that because my anxiety disorder kicks in the moment someone says test or screening, etc. lol. Being a little nervous makes me not want to eat so it worked out. Had hubby take Rayne to the toy room so he wouldn't watch the blood draw (he gets very faint with blood and needles). Thankfully they'll check my iron count as well, 'cause my Midwife thinks I may be anemic. We picked up a liquid iron supplement while we were there and I've started taking it with orange juice, goes down great!

I brought up my sciatic trouble again 'cause there are times when it is just unbearable. She had me lay on my back and bring my knees up, keeping my feet on the bed. She pushed my knees together and had me try to pull them apart until I heard a little pop. Very cool and my sciatic has been much better. I was suspicious that it was an alignment thing because stretching wasn't doing nothing for it. It's easy enough I can have Bobby do it when my sciatic acts up

Good news, Baby's head is down! I know that this can still change as the baby has room to move, still it's comforting Overall things went great, just felt a tad rushed (unusual for the birth center) and I go back in two weeks!

July 14th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Veteran
Overall it sounds like you had a good appt -- hopefully all is well with your glucose screening
July 14th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Snowpeas
How nice of them to call & let you know when they were running behind! Sorry you had to wait for your glucose screening but glad it went well.

Your poor dh, will he be okay during the birth?

Yay for baby being head down. They can definitely change but it's reassuring to know that they are capable/willing to be head down.

Sounds like a great maneuver for sciatica. Will have to keep that mind if I start having trouble with it.
July 15th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment - glad you finally got some relief for your sciatica pain. My glucose test is today at lunchtime, so cross your fingers that all goes well... other than that, think it will be a pretty routine appointment.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
July 15th, 2009, 06:41 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Sorry you had to wait so long but I'm glad overall things went ok. That's great that they made your sciatic nerve feel better. Maybe I'll have DH try that.

July 15th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you had a productive appt- even if it was late! Thanks for sharing the tip about releiving sciatic pain too. Hopefully your test comes back normal- KUP!
July 15th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Olivia+Josiah View Post

Your poor dh, will he be okay during the birth?

Yeah I think he'll be ok, but for extra support I'll have my mother and two good friends there throughout the labor and birth as well. When I had Rayne he turned ghost white and nearly fainted but I had family there to set him down. He won't be able to cut the cord (last time my father did it) so my mother is going to do it this time. No matter what he's going to be by my head I think, there to hold my hand in all

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search