vmarie4 & momtoakand?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey I decided to start us a thread! How are you doing? I am sooo excited to being so close to meeting our LO's! I'll just put a little info out there about myself..my name is Abbra, I'm 26, DH is Joe, he is 27, we will be married for 7 years this coming November, we have a little girl, Alyssa, who will be 5 in Nov. and a little boy, Kaden, who just turned 3 in June. We don't have a name picked out for this little guy yet but we have some great ideas.....how about you?
August 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that's amazing! And yes, I completely understood all of that, lol!

I really want to keep the baby's name a secret but DH is being a butthead about it and he won't even humor me! I might tell the DDC the name we are thinking of, but I haven't decided yet...surprises are sooo fun, I would love to surprise all of the girls in the DDC too! I'll PM it to you, but you can't tell anyone, lol!

Gosh, your due date is soo close! Mine is almost a whole month after that! Your little guy will be a whole month old and mine probably won't even be here yet, lol!

I really wanted to get my tubes tied too but our insurance would make us pay so much, I think DH is just going to get a vasectomy because the VA will pay for it. All I know is we are very much done having babies...with how hard this pregnancy has been on me, I can't imagine what a 4th pregnancy would be like, eek!

I hope that your induction goes very smoothly! I was induced with my second and I had a 4 hour labor and delivery. I didn't want to be induced but I had an OB with that pregnancy so she only let me go to 41 weeks and then said that was it. If she would have given me just a few more days, I'm sure I would have gone on my own, seems how I was just walking around at 4cm and like 70% effaced even before my induction started....so this time I'm with a midwife and she is going to let me go on my own, which is totally awesome. With my first, my water broke at 39weeks 6days and contractions didn't start even after they let me go like 16 hours to see if I would start contracting but I didn't so they started the Pit and I only made it to like 5 cm before I got the epidural, I was sad but I guess that's what happens when you have a 32 hour labor, a first time mom and massive amounts of pitocin! I was very glad my second birth was drug free, besides the Pit, and I am looking forward to another natural birth this time. I'm going to a birth center so there won't even be drugs available for me, which is a good thing, I think, lol!

How about you? What are your plans for this birth? What were your other 2 like?
August 27th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow girl! That's awesome! You've had some fast labors! So, when you go to get induced, will you ask them to just break your water first before they start pit to see if that's all it will take to get things rollin'? That's what I did with my second, it didn't work but I wanted to try something, anything before getting pit, I hate that stuff, it's nasty!

I pray that everything goes smoothly with this labor...I'm really nervous that something is going to happen and I won't get the birth I really want to have...like you, this is also my last baby and I know things don't go perfectly as planned, but I really want to have a natural birth at the birth center that I am supposed to go to. I am absolutely terrified to have a c-section, omg, like that would be my ultimate nightmare! I'm so afraid that since I am so against having one that it will happen just because I don't want it to soooo badly, KWIM? I am praying everyday about this birth and labor for it to go how I want it to.

I am getting really antsy too since we could have as little as 5 weeks left and we still don't have everything we need for this baby, I feel soooo unprepared and I hate that! With my other 2, I had everything set up and ready to go before I was 36 weeks and now I'm almost 32 weeks and don't even have anything TO set up! It's like my DH just keeps putting it off, like I'm not 8 months pregnant or something. Ugh, I'm probably getting stressed for nothing but still, I think I am nesting and there is nothing baby related to take care of! Sorry I am totally venting! I've never gone into labor early so I am thinking I have more like 9-10 weeks left but it probably isnt good to count on it, I just want to be prepared.
August 31st, 2009, 10:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I totally know what you mean, but I bet he will be really low by the time you get to your induction date. I can't believe you already have had your 36 week appointment, that's just crazy! And you are dilated, bonus! My midwife doesn't do routine checks, so I won't know if I am dilated anymore than I am now unless I ask her to check me and not till like 40 weeks.

I had told someone that I know about my little trip to L&D last night and she commented back how far away from the end I was (I think she was trying to make me feel bad or gouge me or something, since she has already had her third baby and she has always had this unspoken competition thing with me for some reason) I was thinking to myself, what are you talking about? If I go 4 more weeks my midwife won't do anything to stop my labor, I don't feel like my due date is SOOO far away anymore, ya know?

I feel like I am finally getting somewhere with being somewhat prepared for this little guy, I finally ordered my swing and some other essential baby stuff, it should be here on Wednesday, I am SO excited! I haven't had "baby" stuff in my house for like 2 years! My baby shower is coming up on Sept. 26th so along with getting to see all my friends and have a good time, I'm hoping to get atleast a few things that I really need

So I had my 32 week appt tonight and it went good, we just followed up on what happened last night. BP was good, I gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks, so I'm up 15 pounds, which I am very happy with, urine was good, I actually didn't spill any glucose into my urine this time, I'm measuring at 33 weeks, his heartrate was good 130's to 150's. So all in all, it was a good appt. I can't believe I have just one more 2 week appointment and then it will be every week! Gosh, it is just creeping up on me, I hope I can get everything done on time!

So, is there anything you want to do or get done before the baby comes? Stuff with your kids, any kind of baby prepping stuff? For me, I am really wanting to take the kids on a few more day trip type things-like the zoo, the beach and camping- before this little guy gets here and also before the end of summer, before we know it, it's going to be fall with the crisp weather, not hot and sunny anymore. I love fall time, for some reason it just has a really good feel to it, the crisp air, the leaves turning, I just really love it.
September 1st, 2009, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMGosh! The same thing happened to me when I tried to have a baby shower with my second! I invited a ton of people and almost no one showed up, some of my family was there but only ONE friend showed, I was so p!ssed, lol! So I am making sure that people are coming to this one, my 2 BFFs are throwing it for me but I'm doing everything on my end to make sure people show up! I am super excited!

Yeah, in probably a few more weeks I will be changing my tune about wanting to get out and do more day trip stuff, lol....I just really want to try enjoying being a mom of 2 before this little guy gets here.
September 1st, 2009, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah, I got your number saved into my phone.....should I have texted you when I went to L&D? I thought about it but thought it was pretty late and seems how you are in PA, it was even later, so I didnt, but I did think about it!

Uh oh about your BP, really keep an eye on it.....if anything happens and you have to go in, text me and I will update the DDC! How high is it? Drink lots of water and eat something with potassium in it, like a tomato or a banana, it helps to lower your blood pressure!
September 1st, 2009, 09:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you just having a rough day from your BP or is it other stuff?
October 5th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry! I have totally spaced out on posting on our thread! I will definitely text you when things start happening with me and the labor thing! How are you doing anyway?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search