Pearlica & Peonygirl

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2009, 04:51 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello!!

Brief Introduction:
About 9 months ago I would have fallen off my chair if someone told me I would be where I am today in life. I was living the student life, living by myself but had a serious boyfriend of 3 years. Then within a span of 4 months I graduated University, got engaged, found out we were pregnant (accident!), we moved in together and I got a really great permanent gov. job. It has been a crazy whirlwind!! We had plans to get married and have kids and all that we just had a different timeline in our minds Not that were that young, I'm 28 and he turns 27 next month.

So fast forward to now...we are expecting our baby girl Tegan Elizabeth on Oct. 6th. I have to work one more week to qualify for maternity leave (I'm from Canada) and I will feel so relieved when I pass that hurdle. I'm paranoid that "she" is actually going to turn out to be a "he" since we only had one ultrasound confirm girl. I'm also kind of an anxious person so I'm worried that something will go wrong when were so close to the end. I feel enormous these days. I've put on almost 30lbs and I'm definitely feeling each and every one of them!

So that's me in a nutshell! Look forward to hearing from you.
August 27th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Veteran
Very cool!
We, too, were very surprised by this LO - it took me 3 weeks to tell DH because I just didn't want to add to his stress (new job, bad economy, NOT in the plan, etc...) But, things are what they are, and are going fine. My 5 year old couldn't be happier about his new sibling (though he's still holding out hope that twins will come out haha)

I just turned 35, which put me into the "advanced maternal age" category by my dr - SUCH an irritation! However, I have to say this time around, I'm feeling every day of this pg...oof. I could whine a bit, but I'll save that, for now

My dd is the 8th, but we've been scheduled for the 1st, unless baby takes pity on me and decides to come a little early. DH has a business trip scheduled for Sept 14, so (and this is me just guessing) I figure it's Murphy's Law that if I go into labor on my own, it will probably be that day

I'm a floral designer by trade, and own a wedding and event design business, so life's a little crazy on that end, but I'm taking a break, at least for the next month!

Well, that's it for now, I think my afternoon snooze is calling!
August 28th, 2009, 03:11 PM
A wedding and event design business! I might be hitting you up for advice! We are getting married next Aug. 7th. I'm not sure how planning a wedding with a newborn is going to go. I have a feeling January will roll around and we'll have done nothing!

I seem to have left everything to the last minute this pregnancy. My birth classes arent till mid-end september, so is my baby shower, I'm supposed to work till week 38, I really hope she stays in till all of that is finished!!

I work for the Ministry of Tourism and I'm responsible for managing recreation on crown land. So I deal with campers, bikers, hiking groups, etc... I graduated University in May and had to find a job 4 months pregnant. I found this fantastic job with a very supportive boss who has 9 kids!! The only downside being it is a ferry ride (2 hours) plus a 2 hour drive away from home. So I work Mon-Thur. and stay in a little rented place and then come home Thur till monday morning. It's been tough commuting so much but we knew it would be just for 4 months and the benefits of working a gov. job in Canada is a year paid mat. leave at 80% of your wage. So while I know its worth it, I cant wait to be done all the travelling and being alone during the week. Plus if I go into labor over there it will be tricky for my fiance to make it to where I am (timing the ferries and such). So I cross my fingers (and legs...lol) and hope she stays put till at least Sept. 25th.

Had a dr.s appt this morning and am now starting my weekly visits. Everything was good. I've been measuring a week ahead this entire pregnancy. I have my group B strep test next week. Were you guys planning for anymore kids ever? How come your being induced early? Do you know boy or girl?

Anyways I'm sitting here snacking on cheese while my fiance puts the stroller together....I think I got the better end of this deal!

Hope your having a good weekend!
August 28th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Veteran
Wow, cool-sounding job! Bummer about the commute, but it sounds like it's working out so far. What a great deal, the maternity leave - that's awesome!
I'm working right up until also - have an event on the 26th that's making me a little nervous at the moment, though my dr. said today that chances are small that I'll go into labor early. (Not sure how she figures that, but oh well) I'm still measuring a couple of weeks behind, but she says I'm just small, that the baby's pushing 5 lbs, so should be good.
But I'm exhausted now, from doing next to nothing, so I can't imagine how I'm going to feel in 3 more weeks...eek/
No, I'm not being induced, scheduled c/s unfortunately, but DS was breech, and the hospitals won't do a VBAC around here, so repeat c it is. I'd love it if I could go a couple weeks early, though, this pg definitely is much harder on me this time around. Sigh.

Ah well, hope you have a great weekend as well!!
September 1st, 2009, 05:49 PM
wow lugging this baby around is getting heavy! Getting in and out of bed takes at least 30 seconds and seems to involve these slow motion rolls and flips! I go for walks most weekday mornings before work (I'm one of those annoyingly chipper morning people) but I think I'm going to have to cut down the distance a bit. The last two times by the time I got home my hips were quite sore. I cant imagine in a full month from now how that is going to be.

I find myself trying frantically to get organized for baby. I am a bit of a compulsive list maker and sometimes when I'm stressed or worried I can get stuck in this list-making frenzy where I cant stop! I had to make myself take a time out today

I wouldnt want to go too early...anytime after Oct. 2nd is good for me! My dr. wont induce until quite late Oct. 19th and I think I will go insane if I have to wait that long! In my case the bigger the baby the better I suppose though, within reason! I have some concerns regarding feeding because I want to breast feed but I've had a breast reduction so we wont know until after she is born how much I can provide for her. So it might be a bit tricky/stressful until we get that all sorted out. So if she is born small and losing weight I would be more concerned.

Anyways hope your week is going well and that your getting the rest you need!
September 1st, 2009, 06:54 PM
Veteran
Oof.I'm with you on taking 30 sec to get out of bed - me too! Plus, those first 6 or 7 steps, I'm hobbling like a 90 year-old. Ow. Ow. Ow...
I feel ridiculous, and I swear this belly has grown 2 inches in the last 3 days.
I am so ready.
30 days. Sigh. I keep half-hoping I'm going into labor, though I keep feeling guilty about that. I know I should feel better about this LO getting in all the necessary baking, but I am not enjoying this month not one little bit.

I had a very small window of energy last night at about 8 - not that that did me any favors at that time of night, but what can you do? At least, DS finally starts school tomorrow, so hopefully I can sneak in a little nap or two while he's there over the next few weeks, and not feel quite so lethargic.
As it is, tonite, I'm nodding off, and what is it - not even 9?!?

Oh well, not long now, I suppose.
Glad to hear you are doing well - hope you're having a good week at work. Only 2 1/2 more to go, right?
Talk to you soon!
September 6th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Hello

How are things going with you? Things are ok with me. Physically I feel not too bad, but emotionally this week has taken it's toll. I'm usually a pretty even-tempered person but I've been so wacky this week. My family is driving me nuts, I'm taking little comments all the wrong way. One minute I'm happy the next minute I'm so anxious I cant sleep. I also have a BBQ with my parents and my fiances parents tonight that I'm a little worried about. My parents are a little more outgoing and my fiances can be quite conservative. Hopefully it isnt too akward.

10 days of work left! (over 3 weeks). I'm bummed because I really like my job but I'm so done with all the commutting. I've also started watching Gilmore Girls from the beginning. I'm excited because there is 8 seasons so it gives me tons of shows to watch while I'm over at work and away from my fiance.

Anyways not much else exciting going on. I hope your having a good week!
September 6th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Veteran
Loved the Gilmores when they were on! Great choice

Things are ok here, managing, I suppose. But I was thinking this morning, as I was standing in the shower, that I was feeling a little perkier today, strangely enough. Of course, this may have been because Grandpa took DS for the night, and I was actually able to fall asleep again after my 4 bathroom visits, and sleep til almost 9. In retrospect, yep, that's probably the reason! But anyway, I was able to clean up my linen closet, throw in a load of laundry and give my hair a little trim. So at least I had a productive morning, even if I lounge the rest of today!

Was so excited yesterday - got my first piece of fluffy mail...don't know if you're into the whole CD thing, but I've actually got my husband mostly on board, so I jumped in last week and bought some starter dipes to give this a try. Anyway, they're so darn cute, I'm just tickled. They are in the wash now, prepping, so I'll have to see how things come out, but now I feel like I have some semblance of preparation for this LO, if s/he comes early (please, please!) I feel guilty, but mid-September baby is sounding SO good right about now. My doc said she didn't need to see me this week, so I don't go in until next Thursday for check-up, but I'm really hoping for a little progress - at least something to go on...

So yay for you with 10 days left! That's excellent.
I've been, technically, off work these past couple of weeks, but not really, as I've had consults for next-year's clients all over the place, and preparing for my stinkin' October events, too, which has been VERY slow going. I'm so unmotivated (wonder why?? )

Well, have a nice time tonight - hopefully, they'll concentrate their energy on fussing over you, and not have time to be awkward with each other DH and I went out last night to a bar mitzvah, and have to admit, it was fun, everyone with congratulations and well-wishes for us. The plusses of pregnancy, I guess!

Have to run, but thanks for the updates
September 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Veteran
SO, don't know if you caught my appt. update today, but the doc said that I was 1/2 cm, and frankly I was thrilled I'm thinking, well, at least there's a chance I could go early!
Anyway, since then, I've been contracting all day, so I'm doing everything I can to convince the LO to come out!
It's probably nothing, but hope springs eternal. We shall see
September 13th, 2009, 08:58 AM
wow thats exciting!! You might just get your wish!! I didnt get checked at my 36 week appt. maybe next week? We've had a crazy busy week/weekend. We had a girlfriends birthday friday night and then birth classes all saturday morning and then company that came to visit last night so I was looking forward to a little down time this morning so i could answer emails and relax a bit. But my dad phoned that he wants to drive down and fix a couple things around the house he's been meaning to do (not that I'm going to complain about that). He is a woodworker and very handy to have around!

thats exciting about getting CD's. My aunt and uncle offered to pay for a cloth diaper service for us for the first year as their baby present to us. Which we were thrilled about! We were logistically trying to figure out how we could afford the initial cost of all the cloth diapers when they jumped in and offered. Having the first baby in our family for our generation is a bonus. We've been so lucky in that everyone wants to spoil her and buy all the things needed. Which is nice because with both of us just graduating and also trying to plan a wedding all the extra help has been great.

Just in the last couple of days the swelling has kicked in. Not so much in my feet although i've noticed it a little bit their but in my hands. My fingers feel like tight little sausages. I've had to take off my engagement ring as off last night and that bums me out. Not bad though considering i'm almost 37 weeks.

Hope everything is going well!
September 13th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Veteran
Hey there-
They're having me go in b/c I've had 12 ctrx in the last hr..wish me luck!
September 13th, 2009, 06:11 PM
OMG! Good luck!!! Keep me posted!! I hope this is it for you
October 13th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Veteran
Perlica-
How ARE you?
Ive been lost in babyland, but have been thinking about you...
How's it going??
Hope you are well!
October 14th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Newborns are tough!...lol

Lost in baby-land as well. Things are good though. The biggest challenge is getting breastfeeding down, but were working through it. I'm going to a breast feeding clinic today to see if I can improve my latch.

She is adorable though and all the grandparents are ecstatic. We took our first 2 hour trip away from her yesterday to run some quick errands while my mother in law watched her. Of course she was an angel and slept the whole time after being fussy all day with us!

Gotta run feed though...ttyl. Hope everything is going well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search