Grandma was right!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2009, 07:10 PM
Granola Mama
So, my mom swore up and down the babies would show up on the 20th and we figured of October, which would've been when I was just after 37 weeks. My sister said it'd be Novemeber 20th, which would've put me at almost 42 weeks...highly doubtful. Well...my mom was half right.

Yesterday at 3:42pm we welcomed River Harrison Sky to our family. Followed quickly at 3:43pm by Sunni Renne Sky. And yes, River is a boy (like he was suppossed to be) and Sunni is all female! Even though she was suppossedly a boy. But a nurse told me that she sees that happen a lot, being wrong on baby 2's gender. Especially because we didn't look often and didn't get like a 3D/4D U/S.

This whole thing was actually pretty crazy. Early yesterday afternoon my sister and I were driving and someone swerved into our lane, my sister swerved to miss them and we ended up hitting a tree. We were pretty sure we were fine, but went to the ER anyways (I'm gonna say, the ambulance ride, was pretty fun!). So we get to the ER and they check us out, both of us are fine. A few bumps and bruises, but no worse for the wear. They cleared my sister quickly and sent for a U/S tech for me. I didn't have any cramping, bleeding, didn't feel off or anything, but of course better safe then sorry. Of course, being 33 weeks pregnant with twins, I had to waddle over to the bathroom before the tech got around to showing up. I had just finished doing my business when my water broke! After that things went pretty quickly. I grabbed a nurse who wisked me up to the mat floor. My sister had already called DH right after the accident because she knew he'd want to know so he could come and hover (he's very sweet), so just as we were leaving to the mat floor he showed up (great timing that fella has!) and came up as well. That was right around 2:30. Not even 2 hours later Rain was a big sister!

I'm still in the hospitial. I lost a lot of blood and had to have a transfusion today (boy are those fun!), we were waiting for my body to do it's thing, but that didn't happen. The babies are in the NICU but are doing great.

I did get to have a totally natural birth, there was no time for medication! But obviously didn't get my home water birth. I was a little dissapointted at first, but I've gotten over it. Considering how fast my kids show up (Rain was 4hrs), I'm sure I'll wind up delivering at home eventually...even I plan otherwise! My MW came by just after the babies arrived to check on all of us and I have to say the OB on staff was amazing. Very kind, listened to what I wanted, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Oh, River weighed in at 4lbs 4oz and Sunni at 4lbs 3oz, River is 17" long and Sunni is 18" long. And I hope we all get to go home soon!
and baby number 4 due 9/3/10
September 21st, 2009, 07:19 PM
AmandaR
Wow congrats!!! Those are great weights! I'm happy everything went okay and can't wait to see pictures!! I hope you recover quickly!
September 21st, 2009, 07:19 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! Glad to hear that everyone is doing well and that they have such great weight! Hope everyone continues to do well! Keep us posted.
September 21st, 2009, 07:27 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaHukill
Congrats!! And it sounds like you will have a story to tell the little ones when they get older!! Pretty exciting day!

My Wonderful Husband and Our New Addition!!
September 21st, 2009, 07:28 PM
Granola Mama
I know, I was a little surprised, I figured they'd be smaller (Rain was just over 6lbs), but apparently all that eating I did paid off! I thought I felt big .
and baby number 4 due 9/3/10
September 21st, 2009, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Welcome to the world River and Sunni! Great weights on the babies, Bliss. Sorry that they came due to an accident. Glad none of you were severely injured.

September 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM
EOD_wife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW!!!! More babies!! Congrats momma! Way to hold those babies in :-) I'm glad you were ok from the car accident, just the stress of it got you....can't wait to see pictures!
September 21st, 2009, 08:28 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
Congratulations! Welcome River and Sunni, so glad to hear they are doing great. Sorry to hear about the accident, so happy it had a happy ending!
September 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
oh wow!! That's so awesome that you got your NCB and the babies are a decent weight and are doing well. Congrats!! I cant' believe how many babies have been born already!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

September 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Holy wow!

Congratulations!
September 21st, 2009, 08:48 PM
Veteran
Congrats! Can't wait to see some photos!

September 21st, 2009, 09:48 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
whoa! Congrats, I cant wait to see pictures

September 21st, 2009, 10:36 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well we got our first girl!!! with a boy!! Wow girl! glad that everything was ok with all of you. You did a good job holding them in too. And those are awesome weights for those little ones.. cant wait to see pics!! hope yall get to go home soon too! CONGRATS!!!

September 21st, 2009, 11:07 PM
nicole09's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats!!! im glad you and the boys are doing great. I cant wait to see pictures.

September 21st, 2009, 11:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
wow! congrats mama!! glad everyone is doing well. we cant wait to see pics.

so this brings us to a total of 6 now?

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 22nd, 2009, 01:15 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
awe congrats! i love that name river..thats only the second river ive ever heard of now
September 22nd, 2009, 04:44 AM
Laura353's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW What a story!! I am so glad you and the babies are all ok! Congratulations!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

September 22nd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Those are great weights!
September 22nd, 2009, 06:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Congratulations on the birth of your little sweeties! And they are so nice and big!

Hope your recovery is quick and easy and that you are ALL home in no time!

September 22nd, 2009, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Holy moly! I was not expecting this when I opened this post. Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy and girl! It sounds like everything went well albeit a little on the exciting side. Can't wait to see pics.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search