So frustrated...long vent...sort of O/T

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2009, 03:37 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can I just say that sometimes you can get some great deals on Craigslist and other times, people say they'll sell you something and then they flake out????

ARGH!!! The past few weeks, I've been searching for a good deal for a brand new double electric breast pump...I know they're hard to come by being brand new, but sometimes you get lucky if you're checking Craigslist constantly

Thought I found one, great deal, brand new...even set up a time and place to meet (I agreed to pay her full asking price) and then the morning off, she wrote me an email saying she was at the ER the night before and couldn't make it and was extremely sorry and would get back to me right away...immediately I sensed that "she's backed out...I bet she got a better offer"...I even wrote her a few days later asking how she was doing and if she was still selling me the pump (trying to let her off the hook easily if she had indeed sold it so I could move on and keep looking)...and absolutely no response whatsoever still...ARGH!!!!

Then, to my shock...I found another brand new pump (different brand this time) and I contacted the person...she seemed very interested in selling to me as well and asked where we could meet up...of course...days later...still no response...again...she probably got a better offer as well...but seriously...I wish people had SOME courtesy and just let me know if they sold it instead of never responding...I am so frustrated...and so disappointed in the fact that I thought I had found some great deals

Gah, I feel like such a fool...

Thanks for listening/reading girls...I'm just so bummed! Trying to be as frugal as possible since I just know how much $$$$ babies cost with all the things they need!!

Last edited by polarbearmama; October 6th, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
October 6th, 2009, 03:49 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That really stinks. I hope you can find one soon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 6th, 2009, 03:50 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I don't trust Craigslist anymore...granted I can't use it here in Italy but I am an Ebay person. I got my Medela Pump In Style Advance from Ebay, practically new...plus, with Ebay and using PayPal you can guarentee you will get a good product, otherwise you can report it to Ebay/PayPal and get a complete refund. Plus, once you win the auction there is a VERY slim chance they will back out, since it costs them selling points.
October 6th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulipDawn View Post
I don't trust Craigslist anymore...granted I can't use it here in Italy but I am an Ebay person. I got my Medela Pump In Style Advance from Ebay, practically new...plus, with Ebay and using PayPal you can guarentee you will get a good product, otherwise you can report it to Ebay/PayPal and get a complete refund. Plus, once you win the auction there is a VERY slim chance they will back out, since it costs them selling points.
Yeah...I think I'm going to try Ebay next...I just don't trust Craigslist anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightdreams86 View Post
I know you want a brand new one but you could always buy a used but in excellent condition pump and replace the parts such as the tubing and flanges... Or if you qualify, you sometimes can get a pump through your insurance or WIC.
I never thought to check with my insurance company...I will have to do that

October 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that sucks! I've had a lot of people never respond to me and it's so aggrivating. Just send a reply and say, sorry it's been sold. I hope you find one!
Try ebay or call your insurance, some or even all of it might be covered! GL!

October 6th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I just called my insurance company and they only cover electric breast pumps if the baby is considered pre-mature or can't suck from the breast for some reason...that's alright...I didn't figure that it would be covered...

I'll just keep looking...I'm not even 100% sure that I will be able to breastfeed to due to issues with PCOS though I really want to! I've had many friends with PCOS who never got their supply in...so the other option I'm considering is maybe even renting a hospital pump in the meantime so I don't have to commit to anything if breastfeeding doesn't end up working out since I know you cannot return pumps to the store...

October 6th, 2009, 06:22 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That sucks when people do that. Here's another idea you can try. How much were you saving by buying it from someone on Craigslist?

If you have a registry at Babies R Us (if you don't go ahead a make one). They will send you a coupon for 10% off of whatever is left on your registry. So if the deal you're getting on Craigslist would only save you around 10% this might be a good way to go. Then you'd have a store receipt in case anything was wrong with the pump.

October 7th, 2009, 05:06 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i just bought a recliner from craigs list and its making my living room smell funny

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

October 7th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscheriezach View Post
i just bought a recliner from craigs list and its making my living room smell funny
Hehehe!! The chances we take from purchasing items from CL!!

Well, the story continues...the second of the two ladies actually emailed me back tonight finally and said her internet hadn't been working so she couldn't get online...

...unfortunately, I have already arranged to purchased another pump--this one is not brand new, but was barely used and comes with some extras. Even with replacing all the tubing and parts...it still equals a better deal than the two I had originally wanted so I'm going to take my chances on it!

...I guess I will just have to write the first lady back and let her know that since I hadn't heard from her, I already made other plans...since her pump is brand new, hopefully she won't have a problem selling it to someone else.

October 8th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Snowpeas
That is so irritating!! Grrr.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search