Had my staples removed today

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the staples from my c-section removed today, and steri strips put on. He said the incision area couldn't look any better. He said walking is okay but he wants me to take it easy the next few weeks. My blood pressure is still high despite taking Labatelol 100mg 2x a day. It was 174/100. He doubled my dose. Hopefully it comes down. I had the same trouble after the twins were born so I expected it. My body is done having babies. No more for me. This has been so hard for me emotionally and physically. I try not to complain because I know how lucky I am but I could never do this again.

I've lost 20 of the 31 pounds I've gained so far. Not bad for a week.

Halleigh is doing great. She is such a sweet, quiet baby. She hardly ever cries. Breastfeeding is going well and she has gained back 3 ounces that she lost in the hospital and grew an inch. She has to have a ultrasound of her hips at 6 weeks old. Breech girls have a higher chance of having a hip problem so her doctor just wants to make sure.

October 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm glad everything is going fairly well. I hope your BP comes down soon. LOL about being done! You've had quite a few babies in a short amount of time. I don't know how you've done it! I can't imagine how exhausting both mentally and physically that must be.

October 6th, 2009, 08:25 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I hear you on being done, and I only had singletons! Physically my body can'y handle anymore, then with the diabetes.. I'm DONE!
You left the hospital with staples? That's weird, I didn't either time. They took them out on day 3 both times and I healed perfectly. Infact, I HATE having the staples in. I've got a weird OCD thing, that I can't stand anything foreign on or in my body, so the second they take those out, I feel 95% better. DH says I'm a freak. lol
I'm so glad you're feeling pretty good but I hope your BP comes down. I can't imagine with little twins and a newborn that it's easy to take it easy.

October 6th, 2009, 09:37 PM
*Hayley*
sorry to hear about your BP still being elevated, but it sounds like you're recovering well otherwise. so glad you've got a happy little girl
October 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like things are getting better for you slowly but surely! It's all a "take one day at time" process at this point of the post partum period. I'm glad you've got a happy. healthy little princess! Hope the BP comes down soon!
October 7th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to shannaaugh
Glad to hear most everything is going well! Your baby sounds to be doing very well!! Hope your BP goes down soon.

October 8th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Snowpeas
So glad to hear all the wonderful news!!!
October 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
Oh I hear you on being done, and I only had singletons! Physically my body can'y handle anymore, then with the diabetes.. I'm DONE!
You left the hospital with staples? That's weird, I didn't either time. They took them out on day 3 both times and I healed perfectly. Infact, I HATE having the staples in. I've got a weird OCD thing, that I can't stand anything foreign on or in my body, so the second they take those out, I feel 95% better. DH says I'm a freak. lol
I'm so glad you're feeling pretty good but I hope your BP comes down. I can't imagine with little twins and a newborn that it's easy to take it easy.
My doctor went on vacation the day after my c-section. I really didn't care for a stranger to take care of me if I didn't have to. I liked the peace of mind having the staples gave me since I was afraid it would open. It really didn't bother me at all.

October 8th, 2009, 12:31 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh gotcha. It was another Dr that took mine out but someone from the same practice, so I was ok with it.
I'm glad it's healing well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search