Ok, am i ready or not

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM
mrsapexpredator's Avatar Veteran
Well I had my 39 week appt yesterday 2nd week in a row that I have lost weight. But cervix is still long & closed. 0 dilated My mom flys in for 2 weeks on friday so I wanted him to wait till his g'ma gets here neways. Doc told me that if I haven't gone by Oct 20 then we will do an induction which is now less then 2 weeks away. HE even suggested maybe sooner. My due date is Oct 14. I want to meet my lil man so much but when he told me Oct 20 there was a little part of me that was like NO I am not sharing him, I like him in my belly. Almost bitter sweet I won't be preggo in 2 weeks. Neways I think becuz it took us soooooooo long to get preggo maybe thats why I feel this way. Neways hoping I go this weekend on my own. Is it possible for me to still go on my own with my cervix not doing anything? My mom said that I need to start doing nipple stimulatin but I just get nervous about all that stuff. Thanks for listening.

Me: 31 DH: 30 TTC since: May 2007 Married: 9/18/2004 S/A - Normal
HSG results: left block tube/but was able to clear (2/6/08)
Started 1st cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 3/29 BFN! Started 2nd cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 4/27 BFN!
Started 3rd cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 5/25 BFN! Lapro Aug 11. Lasered 2 adhesions on left tube but everything looks great!!
Started Clomid Sept 12-16 - Had 150 IU of Follistim on Sept 19 - Follies collapsed - Blood work all came back in range NO PCOS ..
Started Femara 2.5 3-7 u/s 10/22 Follistim injections 10/24,25 & 26
Follie Scan 2 were mature, 17.8mm & 16.8mm Doctor gave me trigger 10/26 and IUI 10/27 Tested - Nov 8 13dpiui and BFN
Started Femara & Follistim - we have 1 follie 18mm - trigger 11/21 and IUI 11/22 Testing on 12/6 BFN

On A TTC BREAK Out of the blue (1st unmedicated cycle since 3/08) BFP 2/7/09
October 7th, 2009, 12:11 PM
hoping4more
with my fitst son i still was high, closed, not effaced, baby not even dropped with no sign of contractions at 41 weeks. i was scheduled to be induced once i hit 9 days late. after that its a med. emergency.. or whatever. so anyway i start having contractions 2 days or so before my inducement date. cant sleep at all they keep me up night number one.... go to doctor in the morning well actually it was 3 pm.. i was really annoyed cause i couldnt sleep id been up forever and they hurt. he said i was starting to efface. 11:30 os so that night my water breaks. i get to the hospital at 1 am im 100 percent effaed, and 1 cm. 5 hours later i delivered my son at 6:03 am. i hope that answers your question oh and by the way he was still high when i got to the hospital... meanign the baby didnt drop until part way through labor.. no one was actually high.
October 7th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Labor can start at anytime at this point, regardless of what is going with your cervix Nipple stimulation can work very well if you do it right.
October 7th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, what your cervix is doing now has little bearing on when you will actually go into labour. I've had clients be checked in the morning and be disappointed that nothing is happening, only to call me later that day in labour. And then, heck, look at me, I went at least 7 weeks thinned out and dilating before labour kicked in.

October 7th, 2009, 02:19 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly how you are feeling...same boat. I'm due on 10/15, still closed. At least you have a date for induction! Just want to wish you lots of luck!! Hope your bundle comes soon!!
October 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope labor starts for you soon.

I am in the same boat.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 8th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Snowpeas
With dd my cervix never changed AT ALL until I was in actual labor. They were talking about a "trial induction" that would probably end in a c-section. But I went into labor on my own and dilated relatively quickly so it's definitely possible.

I understand the mixed feelings...it's definitely bittersweet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search