Kylie Elizabeth's birth story ***with pics!***

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2009, 12:53 AM
SamanthaRose's Avatar Veteran
So, I'm sure you guys remember me talking about trying the Castor oil thing. Well i tried it. But only a little bit. Maybe a tablespoon. I was too scared. That was on the Friday before i had her i think. Anyways i went to the hospital that morning because i lost my mucus plug and i was bleeding. They sent me home. I started having contractions that day. And had them really bad the rest of the weekend. I had my doctors appointment on monday, and i was only a fingertip dilated. The doctor told me she thought it would probably be a week before i had her. I told her i was having REALLY bad contractions and she pretty much blew it off. And gave me a prescription to help me sleep. It only worked for an hour even though it said it was supposed to work for 6-8 hours. I also went to the hospital that sunday because i thought my bag of water was leaking. but they sent me home once again and said i was fine. Well Tuesday morning after only 1 hour of sleep because i was having bad contractions. I laid in bed for a while. Well i had to go pee so i asked DF to help me up to go because i was in so much pain and our matresses are on the floor. I couldnt get up. But it hurt to much so he went potty first then came back to help me go. Well while i was sitting there waiting for him i am pretty sure the rest of my water came out. no gush or anything but the bed was soaked and so was i. So i went to the bathroom and peed. I figured it was my water since i would know if i peed myself. Especially since i went pee and i peed a lot, that also made me think it was my water. So DF's dad drove me to the hospital. DF was waiting to see if i got admitted or not before he called out of work. And i got there at 8 35 am. they checked me and the nurse said she didnt think my water broke because she could feel the bag of water still and i was 1 cm. But my contractions were every 2 minutes apart. So they gave me a room to monitor me and see if they went away. I took a shower and then they gave me Stadol to help me sleep and hooked me up to an IV with water in it. Then 5 minutes later the nurse checked me and i was 3 cm. I am guessing that it was around 10 30am since Meg posted an update after i called her at 10 40am. (BTW Thank you soo much Meg! You are a great ddb) then i fell asleep for about 2 hours. The nurse came in to check me again and i was at 8 cm almost 9. So i got a epidural and waited for the doctor to get there. But the stupid nurse said she was going to call the doctor and have her come over. So she did and mean while i am telling the lady that i have to push. She wouldnt listen to me and kept saying "if you push you will get tired out and we will have to give you a c section" So after more complaining of me having to push. she says "FINE! lets do a few pactice pushes and see what happens" So i pushed with everythnig i had. So after 1 push she could feel the head and screamed at someone to call the doctor back and tell her to come ASAP. Well the doctor got there and asked me if my water had broke yet an i said no, the other nurse told me she didnt think it had and that she could feel the bag of water there still. So she felt me and said that the nurse wasnt feeling a bag of water she was actually feeling the head. So she said i could push. I pushed 3 times and she was out. She actually had to tell me to stop pushing. But i couldnt. I had to get that thing out of me. (what i thought was poo... But actually turned out to be Kylie!!) And then she was born at 4 38 pm on Tuesday September 29th. She was 6lbs and 7oz. Before i left the hospital she was 5lbs and 15oz. She can barely fit into preemie clothes. She is so tiny!! I love her SOOO MUCH!!!!! It really ticks me off that people dont listen to anyone. I told the stupid nurses for days that my water was leaking and they kept sending me home an said it wasn't. Come to find out, it was... And had been for about 3 days. And i told that other one that i had to push and she just kept telling me i didnt have to... I KNEW i did! They should really learn to listen to people. Thats my only complaint. I got 2 tears. Neither of them were bad but bith had to be stitched. One was inside and the other was, as the doctor told me "the worse place you can rip. Right under my cl!t... (sorry i know its yuck) OMG it hurt so bad afterward to pee. it burned and stung for almost a whole week. And silly me, i SWORE that the doctor stitched my lips shut because i tried, but couldn't get in to clean down there for anything. But i guess it was just swelling because it is gone now lol.

daddy holding her after i had her

me holding her after i had her (my face and everything was SOO swollen)

sleeping on daddy

on the way home from the hospital

her first bath

We went and got her pictures done Monday in this dress

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my Amazing siggie!!!

Last edited by SamanthaRose; October 8th, 2009 at 01:00 AM.
October 8th, 2009, 04:46 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations again!! She is beautiful.

What a story those nurses should have known better.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 8th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
awww I love the new pics (my fav is still the sleep smile one)! Congrats again cause she's perfect wow, three pushes- send some of those vibes my way lady! I'm so glad you are settling in well at home. Thanks for posting your story!
October 8th, 2009, 07:26 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
She's a cutie! Great story!

I'm with you with nurses not listening - the same thing happened when I had my first ds and then this time with my little girl the nurses didn't believe she was coming, even though I was screaming she was until my husband told her to "Look" pointing to Peyton's head coming out! Apprently they know more about our bodies then we do!
October 8th, 2009, 07:46 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow...what a story! They should have tested your fluids, they did that for me and there was no mistaking whether it was amnio fluid or pee. But 3 pushes! Lucky!!

She is just beautiful!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

October 8th, 2009, 07:53 AM
*Hayley*
she is precious. nurses tend to think they know everything, and i'm so glad i didn't get any of the know it alls when i had cohen. hopefully i get good ones this time around too. all in all, your baby is here safe, healthy and happy congrats to you all.
October 8th, 2009, 08:16 AM
hoping4more
she is soo precious! sorry people wernt listening to you. sounds silly seeing as how you were obviously dilating pretty fast.
October 8th, 2009, 10:22 AM
SamanthaRose's Avatar Veteran
Thanks ladies! I hope everything goes quickly for you guys too!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my Amazing siggie!!!
October 8th, 2009, 02:46 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww so beautiful congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search