is my baby spoiled??

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2009, 11:04 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think he is spoiled he just likes to feel your warmth and hear your heartbeat.

I hope you can get him to sleep on his own

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 8th, 2009, 11:14 AM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
This sounds like my little squeaker to a T! She hates her bassinet and will only sleep at night if she is sleeping with me...I tried to get her to sleep in her bassinet last night for 2 hours before I gave up and just put her in bed with me...she doesnt really like her swing either, I have tried that too...I feel like I have to pick her up out of there because she starts getting so upset that she screams and has a hard time breathing and it scares me! I feel like she will be sleeping with me until she is 18 too! I hope someone has some advice!
October 8th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I don't think you can spoil a baby. I would use the sling, or have DH hold him while you get things done(if he's home at the time).

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
October 8th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There are alot of gals in the September DDC who are having this too...it sounds like he just likes to cuddle! He's not spoiled, don't worry
October 8th, 2009, 11:41 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think most babies go through this phase. I know mine did. Have you tried the heartbeat bear, maybe it's your heart he likes hearing. Otherwise, enjoy it.

October 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I am so with you! Neither of my boys where like this either, but Bailey is very high maintenance. Even the nurses cannot put her down when I am not with her. If she is not being held she is screaming. I am not talking newborn crying I am talking high-pitched squeals and screams that sound like she is in so much pain.

It is impossible to spoil an infant, I wish I had advice for you, all I am doing is what the nurses are doing at the hospital, holding her constantly. I have no clue how this will work when she comes home...

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
October 8th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
I get so irritated when people try and tell me that you CAN spoil a newborn...NO YOU CANNOT! They lack the skills to self-soothe at this point in their life and they depend on you solely for that. It does sound like he just loves to be near you. Like the others said, hearing your heartbeat, your warmth and your scent. They say that the first three months after birth are the "fourth trimester" which is your baby's transition from womb to world. Your baby might just be having a harder time adjusting and he is turning to you for comfort and support since you were his sole supporter and nurturer for 9 months.

October 8th, 2009, 01:12 PM
hoping4more
my second was like that. he would fall asleep in my bed next to me, id puthim in his bassinett and with in 5 minutes he would be awake. i finally gave up and let him sleep in my bed with me, im a light sleeper anyway. well it took a few months but changed and went to sleeping in the bassinett and crib just fine after that. funny thing is after that i couldnt hold him or rock him to sleep he just wanted someone to put him in the crib and leave him alone! seriously he would get mad if you held him while he was tired. in somes ways nice, in some ways sad. my first was a cuddle bug... but would always sleep in teh bassinett. theyre all different i guess.
October 8th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This could be my post - except Reagan sleeps PERFECT during the day without me - when she's getting tired, I just swaddle her and put her in her bassinett and she stays asleep for 3 hours.

At night, its a completely different story - she falls asleep nursing, I put her down and she's screaming in 5 minutes and she's not happy unless she's held or sleeping on my hubby's chest. We were up for HOURS last night trying to get her to sleep. I may check out the September DDC to see if they have any more advice! But I think its just a matter of them liking to be snuggled, warm and with their mommy/daddy!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
October 8th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Snowpeas
I agree, I don't think you can spoil a newborn. He just likes being with his mama
October 8th, 2009, 06:13 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going through pretty much the same thing, except it happens only at night. He will sleep in his bassinet during the day, but wants to sleep on my chest at night. He didn't start out this way, but must have decided that sleeping on me makes him feel secure. I swore I wouldn't co-sleep, but I'm thinking of buying a co-sleeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.crystal View Post
sounds like Bryce too! I spent the whole 9 months saying he WILL be sleeping in his bassinet and not with me. He sleeps right on my chest almost every night! He does like to be swaddled but once i put him in his bassinet its like he knows what im doing and he starts crying. Guess my baby is spoiled too!
Funny how we make all these plans on what we will and will not do with our babies, but then all goes out the window. I swore I would be a breastfeeding, bassinet sleeping, no pacifier mama. Turns out I am a formula feeding, sleeping on mama's chest, give a pacifier when he wants it mama. Go figure.
October 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww he just loves his mommy!!!!!!!!!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

October 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
DS was like that as well. It did get better as time went on and while he's still a total snuggle bug he is now 2 and sleeps on his own. I think some babies just need the extra warmth or reassurance.

October 8th, 2009, 08:04 PM
*Hayley*
definitely not spoiled...just keep trying to put him down as often as possible when he's asleep. pretty soon he'll get used to it. I had never heard what Christie said, but it totally makes sense.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search