Jaundice levels higher today and tons of pictures in secret garden

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Snowpeas
So Josiah's jaundice is worse. We had to take him to the lab today and they needed to draw the blood from his arm - the poor little guy screamed bloody murder and it took all the strength I had in me to resist running in there (dh went in the room with him) snatch him up and run far far away from the lady with the needles.

Anyway, his levels are even higher today so he's on the bili blanket. *sigh* DD had jaundice also and had to be on the bili blanket for three days. I was hoping Josiah wouldn't have the same thing. He had such a quick birth that he had no bruising or anything and I nursed him right after he was born. My milk also came in a lot sooner so I know he's getting plenty of bm.

Unfortunately dh and I have different blood types (I am b+ and he is 0-) and I guess that can contribute to the jaundice. DD was 0- and I have a feeling Josiah is too.

We have to go back in tomorrow to the lab - already dreading it.

I also posted a ton of pictures in the secret garden.

Haven't written my birth story yet - am waiting until I have the emotional energy to write it the way I would like to.

We are doing pretty well otherwise. DD alternates between having no interest in him and being fascinated. She has already given him her favorite blankie and tried to share her sippy cup with him today and she tried to crawl into his bassinet with him. lol

Sleep is nonexistent - between Josiah and Olivia waking up there's no sleep at all. Hopefully everyone will make the adjustment and we will all be able to eventually get some sleep.

Hope everyone is doing well!
October 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i didnt know different bloodtypes add to jaundice.

congrats again, i just love the pics in the garden!!!! so adorable.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search