Postpartum Depression, update, & Pictures

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
I feel terrible for missing so much that has been going on with our DDC, so many beautiful babies are coming into the world and I've been missing it I hope to still take the time and catch up on all the posts, its just... I've been feeling a bit out of myself. Postpartum depression was one of the last things I was worried about, especially since I never had anything like it after I had Rayne. Since this pregnancy went so smoothly and the actual Labor & Delivery seemed flawless I didn't think anything could go wrong. Unfortunately a couple days after I had Saige I noticed a feeling of sadness in the evening that I couldn't place. This of course stirred my anxiety issues and I immediately jumped to worse case scenario. I would be fine during the day but once night time hit and everything settled down I would feel anxious, not quite myself, & weepy. I had no ill feelings towards my baby but I was freaking out that because I wasn't feeling like myself that I would do so something to hurt the baby and this fear put me into a panic. Anyway, long story short, after I had a good talk with my father and let myself accept what I was going through I started to feel a ton better. The last couple days have felt much more normal and I've been able to fully enjoy motherhood

So a quick little update, Saige is doing wonderfully... she is so perfect She is very calm and alert, excellent at nursing, and rarely fussy. Tomorrow will be her first visit with my Dr and I'm looking forward to introducing them. I'm definitely curious to see how much weight she has gained, Saige definitely loves to eat I also wanted to share some recent pictures! The ones of Saige are pictures my friend took, and I'm trying to decide which ones I want to use for her Birth Announcements. I can't believe she is a week old already!

I took my 39 week pregnancy picture on Tuesday, September 29th... sometime midday - 162 lbs ( just hours before going into labor)

Here I am on October 1st (one day postpartum) - 152 lbs

This is me one week postpartum (October 7th) - 146 lbs

Some Family Pics

Saige - one week old!

October 8th, 2009, 08:15 PM
*Hayley*
you look great! and saige is so beautiful. PPD is scary and I worry about it too, even though I didn't experience it last time. I have anxiety sometimes too and could see myself feeling exactly as you described it. I'm glad that your talk about it has helped.
October 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Snowpeas
You look amazing!

Sorry to hear about the ppd but so glad that it was caught so early.

Your family pictures are so adorable and OMG what beautiful pictures of Saige. It's going to be a tough decision to pick for the birth announcements!
October 8th, 2009, 08:28 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!
My fave pic is the 6th from the bottom. She's beautiful!

October 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, you look great! Saige is just beautiful and so is the rest of the fam.

I had some PPD after I had DS, going from one to two kids is quite a transition, I was very overwhelmed, really happy but still overwhelmed (plus there were alot of other things going on at the same time in my life, best friends sister had just been found murdered, DH was going to be getting deployed and alot of other things) but I recognized it right away and told my OB how I felt and so I got the help I needed and did just fine after that.

And no worries about not being around, you have a VERY good reason...just take it one day at a time. I am glad that the talk with your father made you feel better, you just have to remember that it is normal to feel a bit bluesy just because of all your hormones but if it gets beyond that then it might be a good idea to talk to your Dr., you probably already know this stuff but I'm just trying make you feel comforted
October 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm sorry you're dealing with some PPD but I'm glad you realized what was going on and talked to your Dad about it. Make sure you keep checking in here so we know everything is ok!

Saige is beautiful and you look fantastic!

October 8th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You look great, and Saige is beautiful!

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I'm going through something similar. Hopefully things will improve soon.

October 8th, 2009, 11:42 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
It's very common to feel sad the first couple weeks after giving birth. I had a long talk with my midwife because I did suffer for 2 years with post partum depression (undiagnosed for 2 years) with Xavier. After giving birth your body is still swarming with pregnancy hormones...on top of nursing hormones. Not feeling yourself is common and it's good that you talked to someone about it. I'm also glad you are feeling much better.

Saige is beautiful...those pictures are adorable. I would ahve a hard time choosing as well.
October 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the pics are so awesome.

im sorry about the ppd i hope that it fizzles for you on its own soon, if not be sure to tell your doctor. hugs

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

October 9th, 2009, 08:55 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear about the PPD but glad you found it early.

Saige is adorable and you look great

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 9th, 2009, 11:04 AM
hoping4more
you and baby are so beautiful! im sorry you were going through teh depression or still are. but im glad that your feeling better now. i hope that it all goes away very soon. hopefully i can look as goo das you after birth! :lol;
October 9th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry to hear about the PPD - but glad you and your dad had that good talk, and thank you for sharing what you're going through...definitely something for us last-days-of-preggers ladies to keep in mind.

The pictures are BEAUTIFUL - wow! Will be a hard call for the birth announcements!
October 10th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Thank you ladies!! Your words of encouragement mean so much to me, it feels awesome to have that support and comfort I am feeling a lot better, really back to my old self and loving every minute of motherhood. Things can still be a bit of challenge, juggling two kids is very different than just having to look after one lol... but other than being tired a lot and having some discomfort in my hips, I'm feeling pretty good! *hugs* Thank you again, you gals are AWESOME!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search