40 week appt yesterday - no progress

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Veteran
(Is it just me or are there not many 40 and 41 week appts on the board...feeling like I'm alone as one of the few people going late or not inducing!)

So I've been 80% effaced and 1 cm dilated for 2 weeks, no change today. Had nausea, diarrhea and all the symptoms 2 weekends ago, and now shooting leg pains that mean I pretty much can't walk....but other than that feel pretty much as I did at 8 months.

Doctor has me having a biometric workup next Thursday, appt with him on Friday, and then inducement on the 20th at nearly 42 weeks if nothing by then.

Sigh....but really trying to enjoy these last days with my first babe still kicking away inside me. The little one will come soon enough!
October 9th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not as far as you but I also will not be getting induced, if I start getting close to 42 weeks, my midwife will start using natural labor inducement methods but I will not be having any kind of medical inducement.
October 9th, 2009, 03:06 PM
hoping4more
w/ my first i wasnt dilated ir effaced or anything.i went into labor 9 days late and went from nothing to everything in a short time. you still have hope. i hope you dont have to wait as long as i did though. it feels like forever! but i agree it seems everyone has gone early or been induced. i only know of a couple that made their due dates. im thinking i will make mine though.
October 9th, 2009, 03:07 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoakand? View Post
I'm not as far as you but I also will not be getting induced, if I start getting close to 42 weeks, my midwife will start using natural labor inducement methods but I will not be having any kind of medical inducement.

Remember, if left to labor on our own, 88% of woman deliver somewhere between 38 and 42 weeks.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

October 9th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Snowpeas
I know it will happen for you soon.

Glad you are able to enjoy the last few days with your little one inside you - it's such a precious time even though it's so miserable physically too. ((Hugs))
October 9th, 2009, 04:05 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just made it to my due date...water broke the day before and I delivered the day after lol

At my last appointment before (Monday..water broke Friday) I was not dilated at all and only 40-50% effaced. So, it could still be any day for you. I know how you feel, I felt like it was gonna be forever when the Dr. told me not dilated at all.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

October 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went 40 weeks and 2 days before I naturally went into labor and it was my second baby. At my appt the day before labor started I wasnt dilated or effaced, only had a soft cervix. It will happen for you soon!
October 9th, 2009, 06:32 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how you feel! I was 1-2cm 80% effaced at my 39 week appointment, then at my 40 week appointment the baby had moved back up and my cervix was up super high. I made it to 40 weeks 6 days... time definitely was getting slower as it moved on. It will be soon though... you are having more pre labor symptoms than I ever had. My best advice is keep busy... we went on a couple close day trips in the days leading up to labor and apple picking/apple pie making the day before. Good luck!

October 10th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Veteran
Thanks so much everyone for the advice and good vibes! I don't have friends who've had this experience...they've all either come early, or late with no advance dilation/'signs'. I'll definitely take the advice about keeping moving Monica -- my husband and I will be walking around the city and eating Indian food today if I have my way!
October 10th, 2009, 08:09 AM
*Hayley*
my first was born at 40 weeks and 6 days as well. hang in there and keep up with that positive attitude. this pregnancy i've felt like my LO would come before my EDD, but now I'm having serious doubts. the most important thing is that he comes when he's ready.
October 10th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Try not to get too discouraged, some women have no signs of starting labor at all and then it happens for them. You'll be holding your baby soon, just hang in there a little while longer!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search