water breaking?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Veteran
so my sister in law says by the way i'm feeling it sounds like my water could be getting ready to break. my baby hits me so hard sometimes it feels like i'm gonna pee my pants.... do you feel your water "getting ready" to break, or does it just happen??????? i'm just curious, cause the pressure is getting worse, i'm scared to stand up sometimes
October 9th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never got the feeling that my water was going to break...it is normal to feel alot of pressure down there at this point but it's no indication that your water will break. The only way you know if your water is going to break is when it actually does, then there really is no mistaking it unless you are like just a few women and have a very small tear in your bag and only leak just very small amounts and mistake it for regular vaginal discharge but I haven't heard that this is very common. I too have that feeling with baby moving so hard that I feel like I'm gonna involentarily pee myself, it's very normal at this point, this is my third and I have had that feeling at the end of each pregnancy.
October 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM
hoping4more
i never felt tlike my water was gonna break when it did. it only broke with my first. i was 40 wks 9 days on top of it too. though sometimes i feel like shes gonna break my water, but i know its just being so far intot he pregnancy. at least thats my experience.
October 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Snowpeas
My water never broke on its own but I remember having that feeling due to the baby's weight and pressure on my bladder
October 10th, 2009, 01:14 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
My water has broken on its own 3 times now.. ther eis no feeling before it happens at all. No warning nothing.

October 10th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The ONLY time I felt like my water could break any minute was when I was already 6cm and in labour this time - I could feel the bag bulging, but only during the peak of the contraction. And oddly enough, this was the only time I've had my water broken for me! All the other times it just popped with no warning.

October 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Genevieve's_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ive read that only 30% or women (or something like that) 's water breaks on her own.
i dont think mine will break, but i have a LOT of pressure!

thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
x2 http://www.punky-kinboutique.webs.com (enter 'Summer' to recieve 10% off entire order, $30.00 or more)
<marquee

REQUEST A SIGGY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ests-open.html
SIGGY GALLERY: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-gallery.html</marquee>
October 11th, 2009, 08:28 AM
*Hayley*
i've had that feeling like I'm gonna pee my pants when the baby is really active too, but again it's just from him slamming into my bladder. Your water bag isn't a muscle so you wouldn't feel it anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search