decreased movement.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2009, 06:40 AM
MrsSteele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MrsSteele Send a message via Yahoo to MrsSteele
I have always heard that babies can have lazy days too, so it may just be a lazy day for your little one...do your movement counts and if its still concerning you in a little bit, it never hurts to call...always better to be safe then sorry!
October 10th, 2009, 06:51 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I think at this point it can be normal for movement to slow down. They have a lot less room to move around now. I've also heard that sometimes their movement slows down right before labor (that's not always true though). If you're concerned give your Dr a call though.

October 10th, 2009, 07:35 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree I think movement decreases at this time has they hardly have any room to move

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 10th, 2009, 07:58 AM
*Hayley*
quite normal, but you should still feel 4 movements after eating a full meal and laying down for 30 minutes. this one has days where i barely feel him at all unless i really concentrate and other days when he's in a good position and i swear i can see him practice breathing. it's freaky.
October 10th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Veteran
I'm 40w 2d and definitely have felt less movement in the past couple weeks as the little guy got big for his space. Have been on the baby monitor two times, both eventuall showing (once after juice) that he was moving the normal amount - but it was tougher for me to tell, less jutting-foot-in-side movements, plus it helped to have the constriction of the monitor belts, and just be focused on nothing but his movement. My husband and I also used a flashlight and lying on my right side (which the baby doesn't like) to get him to move.

Never hurts to call your doctor -- I went in for a last-minute appt at 36w after feeling a lot less movement and a high amount of pressure, and was just so comforted to hear the strong heartbeat and know everything was fine.
October 10th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
In the last few days before I went into labor I was concerned that I was feeling less movement. I still felt her just not as much... probably because she was engaged real low and was storing up energy for her grand entrance. If you're really worried though I would call your doctor, better to be safe than sorry. Couldn't hurt to check things out, but I'm sure everything is fine *hugs*

October 10th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Snowpeas
Josiah slowed down the last few days too. I would have to poke him and do a lot to get him to move.

Glad your little one started moving for you. Sounds like he's getting ready to be born soon.
October 10th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I had pre-term at 32 weeks, the whole day before I went into L&D I wasn't feeling Cole move much either...my midwife told me that the lack of movement can be a response to something going on as far as labor is concerned....so maybe you will have him very soon!
October 10th, 2009, 01:25 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Baby may still be moving, but being they are running out of room you may not notice the movements as much. If you are really concerned though call your doc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search