Ezra Ray (pic heavy)

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Mama2EZ's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get on here and update. Our recovery week was as eventful as our time in the hospital. My milk has not come in and they are having me supplement with formula. I have been meeting with postpartum lactation consultants all week. It was a good thing though, because they found out he had a tied tongue. So I took him in to get that cut. We had to see the pediatrician because he lost so much weight, more than 10% weight loss in the hospital. He also had jaundice, so we have been back and forth to the outpatient lab.

It is finally starting to calm down. No matter what is thrown at us...when he smiles he it is all worth it in the end. We love him and I wouldn't change a thing, cause he is healthy.

Basically, I went into my 38 week appointment and my blood pressure was 190/88 with urine spillage. I knew something was wrong when the on call midwife came in and not my scheduled midwife. I will post my birth story in the next couple of days, but it isn't very cute and cuddly. I don't want to scare anyone that is still pregnant.

Man, I was only gone two weeks and lots of babies have been born. Good luck to all of you that are still waiting. Just remember to be patient cause it will be worth it when it is your LO's and your body's time to come. When it is the doctor's time it can get out of hand.

Ezra Ray 7lb. 7oz. born at 4:20

October 11th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Snowpeas
What a beautiful family picture!!

Sorry things have been so eventful. Do they think your milk didn't come in because he was tongue tied and unable to suck enough to trigger it?

We are dealing with jaundice here too. We've been to the lab every day (except for the weekend) and head back again on Monday. He's also been on a bili blanket since Thursday.

You've got such a beautiful baby boy. Rest up and enjoy your little man!
October 11th, 2009, 01:16 PM
hoping4more
what wonderful pictures! your baby is soo cute. im sorry yourmilk hasnt come in yet. and even if it doesnt dont worry it doesnt make you a bad mama. i know sometimes we can feel so down on ourselves for not doing what we wanted to do. also im sorry your birthing experience wasnt all it should have been. though i totally agree and so doesnt my doc. gods timing is way better tehn doctors timing. its so odd you said that really. seriously my doc hates inducing he said it just leads to complications all the the time. sounds like though yours was med. ness. which is another story on its own.
October 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is a cutie - congrats!!!! Sounds like you had a lot of things thrown your way - but you're in good spirits and a trooper. Keep up the good work mama!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
October 11th, 2009, 02:36 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww he is so cute!!!!!!!!

how is this pic heavy? i want to see more!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

October 11th, 2009, 03:01 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm sorry you guys have had such a rough start. I hope things calm down soon. He is definitely a cutie and you look great!

October 11th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Congratulations! He's adorable.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
October 11th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to beesgirl
congrats! Wow you seem to be facing some challenges but glad things are working out. Your little one is adorable!
October 11th, 2009, 07:45 PM
*Hayley*
i'm sorry to hear things were complicated but so happy for you and your family. hope your milk comes in soon and the jaundice disappears fast.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search