38 week apt...*UPDATE*

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I have my 39wk apt tommarow too, which i was hoping not to make but baby has other plans. anywaysh gl tommarow hopefully you and I and other mommies who have apt tommarow, come home with some good news!

October 11th, 2009, 06:33 PM
hoping4more
good luck sweetie! i know how you feel. at my 38 i didnt make huge progress like i thought i was gonna, but im sure you have made some progress! cant wait to hear the news.
October 11th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Snowpeas
Good luck tomorrow! KUP
October 12th, 2009, 02:26 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Sorry you have progressed as much as you would have liked. Hopefully, baby will still come on his/her own.

October 12th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Veteran
I think I've decided that while our doctors mean well, they can't really guess more than we can! At my 38 week appt my dr. felt it 'wasn't long now', baby would come before my due date, effacement/dilation etc. And now 40 1/2 weeks - no baby. So don't dispair that your 38 wk appt necessarily is the answer! You might have the baby next week with no previous dilation!
October 12th, 2009, 03:07 PM
hoping4more
sorry hun. but try not to worry your only 38 weeks and this is your first right? i went from nothing to delivering like that with my first. i guess we all hit 38 weeks and just think alright im done... truth is most women go beyond their edd. im beginning to think i may, really hoping not to though. ive gone past with two already i deserve to go at least one day earlier oh well.
October 12th, 2009, 03:23 PM
*Hayley*
hang tight, just keep trying to remind yourself that you can't be pregnant forever
October 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Snowpeas
Glad you're softer anyway!

Keep in mind they can't predict anything. They told me I would need a trial induction (and probably csection) at 41 1/2 weeks due to my unfavorable cervix. I went on to give birth the day before my due date - you never know.

My doctor also told me she had a patient who was closed up tight and she told her she would definitely see her next week for her appt. The patient had her baby that night. lol

Sending you lots of **labor vibes**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search