Update on Bailey

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Bailey came home on Friday. Since the moment she was carried through the door way, I have yet to catch my breath. We all know I did nothing this pregnancy. Other than working until 35 weeks. I only sat on my rear end. My laziness, fatigue and morning sickness ruled me.

Bailey ended up staying in Milford hospital. They told me during the delivery they would only transfer her if the withdrawing was bad enough to warrant medication. We got lucky. It was a difficult week. It is still difficult. All she does is sleep, eat, cry and poop. She is never just awake and content, which breaks my heart knowing I am the reason why. It was a total test on my stability. I called my shrink and moved my appt up to monday to discuss safe meds.. I refuse to take anything that can interfere with her getting my milk. I have read and been told by more doctors than you would believe that my milk is what is best for her right now.

The hospital was amazing. Allowing me to come in go as I pleased. If I didn't have Thomas and Collin I would never have left at all. I had my own room all week long, not the gorgeous LDR room like the two days I was a patient, but a room with a sink, tv, full bathroom, etc etc.. I was also provided with 3 meals a day. Not the same menu as the patients get but still a menu.

Anyways. Since we came home all I have done is clean, feed and change Bailey, and try to sleep. I cannot stop going. Then when I sit like right now, I struggle to keep my eyes open... It sucks. I have so much cleaning that needs to be done, and every time I start getting really into whatever I am doing Bailey starts crying...

Her appt is Monday, unfortunately the kids pedi is on a leave of absense at the moment so she will be seeing the pedi's that were taking care of her in the hospital. I cannot wait to check her weight, as I am nervous though no one else is.. 7 6 at birth and 6 7 when she was d/c...

I hope everyone here is doing great. I really miss you all and my computer time. I cannot believe in exactly 6 weeks tomorrow I will be back at work

Congrats to everyone who has had their baby's and ELV to those still waiting!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
October 11th, 2009, 07:47 PM
*Hayley*
I'm sorry it's been a rough transition, but so happy to hear that she is home and doing better than expected. hang in there girl, you can do it!
October 11th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad she's doing well! Get some rest.

October 11th, 2009, 08:19 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm glad that she was doing well enough to come home so soon. I hope that soon she'll be more content and things will go a bit better for you guys.

October 11th, 2009, 08:25 PM
CriscoNinja
i'm glad she's home! And remember, the cleaning will always be there... once in a while it's not horrible for you to rest. The dishes don't get up and leave hon. I know it's easier said than done, but rest is really important!
October 11th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Snowpeas
I've been thinking about you both and wondering how it's going. So glad she's at home. Make sure to get some rest for yourself too mama. ((Hugs))
October 11th, 2009, 10:06 PM
hoping4more
stop cleanign women and get some rest! hugs. dont you worry your a great mama. and btw neither of my newborns were ever awake and just awake. they ate slept cried and pooped... well they peed too im glad to hear bailey is doing so good. your a great mama dont beat yourself up. we can only do our best and strive to do better with everyday. hugs
October 12th, 2009, 06:53 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im glad you are home!!!!!!! and thats awesome that she is doing so much better than anticipated. remember that your treatment was better than the alternative and this will pass. i know i am very nervous and guilty about taking my medication throughout my pregnancy too, its a very difficult battle mentally between feeling guilty and doing what you know you have to do. try to focus on that you did the best you could and the alternative to not taking the meds during pregnancy could have been worse. so, when can we see more pictures!?!? i cant wait!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search