Just checking in..

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2009, 08:59 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still in the hospital, not sure when I'll be going home.
Our c/section was scheduled for noon and then got bumped back to 1pm. Then I was dead set on being put under because of my last experience with a spinal. However, the drug Dr convinced me to try a spinal again, so I did. THANK GOD it was first try, he was awesome!! So, I was awake and DH got to stay with me and watch her being born.
I was honestly shocked at how tiny she was! I'm so proud of myself for controlling my sugar so well and having a little baby. She's perfect and beautiful, she's such a good baby!
My Dr had a hard time getting in due to so much scar tissue, so it's a really good thing I had the spinal because if you're put under they need to get her out QUICK!
Then closing up took even longer because I had scar tissue attaching to other organs and she had to clean all that up, plus tie my tubes. So, because of the extra clean up, I am SO SO SO SO sore. I'm on vicodin and it only takes the pain from an 8 to a 4.
DH stayed lastnight but had to go home tonight because our oldest has school tomorrow. He'll be back right after she get on the bus. My Mom still has Em, so Jay can be here all day with me. Em has seen Abby twice now and loves to just watch her and tries to help care for her. So sweet!
Well, Just wanted to check in. I'm ready for some sleep and waiting for drugs to kick in.

October 11th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Snowpeas
Hey Paula! Congrats on your little beauty!

So glad you tried the spinal and it was a much better experience this time.
Sorry to hear about the extra soreness, hopefully in a day or two it will be much better.
October 11th, 2009, 09:59 PM
hoping4more
so good to hear from you. sorry you feel so beat up. try and rest as much as you can dont worry about jming right now. im glad you have a great mum who is watching your little one so hubby can be with you that so wonderful and im sure you need him there now, especially feelin gthe way you do. im glad emily wants to help i think that is very sweet. sounds like she will enjoy being the big sister. well you go get some rest and dont worry about us here. ihopefully in a few more days you will be back up and feeling 100 percent better! hugs
October 11th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything went well. Sorry to hear that you're so sore. I can't imagine having extra pain from scar tissue. Get some rest, and I hope the pain lightens up soon.

October 11th, 2009, 10:16 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm so glad everything went well. I know you were nervous but that's great that you got the spinal and didn't have any problems this time. I can't believe how much smaller she looks than Emily did!

Oh and that stinks that Kayla has school tomorrow. The kids here are off because it's Columbus Day.

October 12th, 2009, 03:48 AM
*Hayley*
glad everything went so well and I hope your pain goes away soon. Look forward to seeing more pics soon.
October 12th, 2009, 06:24 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey!!!! congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope you recover quickly.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search