Two for Tuesday

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Snowpeas
Where is baby going to sleep?

How old will baby be when you take them out (to grocery store, wal-mart, etc)?
October 13th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
He will be sleeping in the arm's reach co-sleeper next to my side of the bed

Probably at least a week or two old if I can help it. I will be trying to avoid crowded places until he is a little older.

October 13th, 2009, 06:01 AM
hoping4more
baby will sleep in my room in her bassinett until 6 months then she'll go to her room.. which is connected to my room anyway.

baby will probbaly be a week old or something like that when i have to go out.. but i'll know better after i have her. seems like with each one im out sooner
October 13th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Veteran
The munchkin will sleep in our room in a basket (the one I slept in as a baby). We move into a new apartment in mid-Nov when he'll have his own room and crib.

We'll probably be out for walks in the 10 days with the little guy. Not around crowds for a few weeks.
October 13th, 2009, 08:02 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
- I though she would sleep in the bassinet in our room, but she's sleeping in the pack n play in the living room and me on the couch. Easier to BF on the couch and don't have to disturb DH.

- We've been out for walks (but it's been uber rainy here, so those are limited) and this weekend (so 2 weeks old) we will be at a Baptism out of town (1 hour out or town).

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

October 13th, 2009, 08:15 AM
mommy_tu_2's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy_tu_2 Send a message via Yahoo to mommy_tu_2
in a bassinet next to my bed at night, and either the bassinet in the living room or her crib for naps, unless I am lucky enough to get one too. lol

I am hoping I won't have to get her out for a few weeks (other than walks if the weather is decent) Alot of people are sick and I dont want to get her (or DD1 for that matter) around it. I have some people who have agreed to get my groceries for me and pay bills the first month

Thank so much to Benevolent for my beautiful siggy!!! <3

October 13th, 2009, 09:53 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Baby was supposed to be sleeping in the bassinet beside the bed but she's been in bed on my side with my back to dh...

I wanted to wait until she was at least a week old but at 3 days we had some errands to run....so we still try to limit how much she's out in crowded area....and ALWAYS ut a blanket over the carrier to limit the germs....
October 13th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cole will sleep in his pack 'n' play or in bed with me probably

I guess it depends when we go out, hopefully not for atleast the first 4 or 5 days but who knows...we have the house pretty well stocked of stuff and my mom will be here too so hopefully I won't have to go anywhere.
October 13th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Snowpeas
Where is baby going to sleep? he's sleeping in the bassinet portion of the pack n play and dh and I are sleeping in the family room right next to it. Once we get the crib mattress he will take naps in his crib

How old will baby be when you take them out (to grocery store, wal-mart, etc)? We had to take him out several times at three days old, four days old, and 6 days old for labwork at the hospital. Other than that we've run to Target to get supplies after a lab appt.
When he is two weeks old I will probably start to take him out a little more often.
October 13th, 2009, 11:06 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mari will be in her pack 'n play in our room for awhile, though I would love to try daytime naps in her crib just to get her used to it for when we do transition.

I really don't know how old before we take her out in public...I know she'll have to see the pedi pretty shortly after we're discharged from the hospital since we're delivering at a hospital they don't routinely go to, but other than that...I'd like to wait 1 to 2 weeks if we can help it...

October 13th, 2009, 11:58 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where is baby going to sleep? In his cradle now, once he starts moving a little he'll be in his crib.

How old will baby be when you take them out (to grocery store, wal-mart, etc)? We took him out at about a week old, I think, for necessary errands.

October 13th, 2009, 12:01 PM
megan72782's Avatar Veteran
He sleeps in the bed with me. Occasionally he'll sleep in the bouncer next to the bed.

We went to Target yesterday, 5 days old, because I needed to get warmer clothes for my other kids. It got cold all of a sudden!!

October 13th, 2009, 01:24 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where is baby going to sleep? bassinet in our room at night, nap in crib in nursery during the day.

How old will baby be when you take them out (to grocery store, wal-mart, etc)? whenever we feel ready

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
October 13th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Bailey sleeps in her Bassinet so far for the 1st half of the night. The second half in our bed and naps in her swing or the boppy pillow

She came home on day 7, has been to A&P on day 8, and 10. And to Walmart on day 9.
Collin went out running daily errands on day 4, the monday after he cam home from the hospital.
Thomas went to a festival at 5 days old and to friends houses and on runs to stores before he ever entered the house lol.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
October 13th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We co-sleep.

She's already been out shopping with us a couple of times.

October 13th, 2009, 03:35 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where is baby going to sleep? Right now in my room

How old will baby be when you take them out (to grocery store, wal-mart, etc)? He has already been to the store on the way home from the hospital

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
bassinette in our room for a few weeks ...
then into the crib in her own room

going out ... based on weather ... and doctors recommendations ...
I am guessing around 3 or 4 weeks ... depends on how I feel too !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search