Holy Hurricane!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM
*Hayley*
There is a MASSIVE storm coming through today. I can't believe we haven't lost power yet, it is incredibly windy. I've got my dr. appt. in 45 minutes and I so don't want to drive other there. I wasn't going to leave until 10:20 or so, but i'm going to have to drive like a snail because the wind is that bad.

I'll update when I'm home again. I woke up with contractions 5 min apart this morning at around 2:30 for an hour and half, but they've completely stopped. I feel nauseous and just icky. What a day!
October 13th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh boy! Storms are no fun when they are bad ones...I lived in Southeast Texas when Ike came through and evacuating wasnt fun, then coming come to a huge mess and no power, that really sucked...drive SUPER careful and update when you get home! And sorry you feel all icky, that never makes anything better, hugs!
October 13th, 2009, 10:39 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drive Careful and KUP!

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
October 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Snowpeas
Eeek. Please be careful & let us know when you make it home safely - I'm going to worry about you!
October 13th, 2009, 11:42 AM
*Hayley*
I'm home (sort of, at my grandma's). Dr. appt did NOT go the well. Abram is measuring 9lbs according to the u/s, he is face up, i'm still at 1 cm 40% (same as last week), and the dr. is calling me around lunch time to tell me when I'm going to be induced. It's his opinion that this is my best chance at avoiding a c/s. So by Sunday he should be here. I hope that he decides to come out on his own before then and that he flips his body over enough that he doesn't get stuck and I end up with a c/s.
October 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
*Hayley*
Just got off the phone with the dr. Induction is scheduled for Friday. I'm to call that morning to see if they've got a bed available. I'm hoping that scheduling the date scares him out of me sooner
October 13th, 2009, 01:42 PM
*Hayley*
LOL Ashley, I really hope you have your LO before Friday. What is with these stubborn boys?
October 13th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Hayley, I hope you go on your own...I hope he turns on his own too because it's likely that they will want to break your water at your induction and if he is not in a good position, it can be hard for him to turn the right way once they break your water. If Cohen was 9lbs9oz, you can handle another baby that size, and even a little bigger...can you tell them you don't want to be induced?
October 13th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Encourage him to turn by avoiding positions where you are leaning back, and getting into positions where your belly hangs forward. The baby's back is the heaviest and so you can use gravity to encourage him to turn!

October 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow stay safe.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
hoping4more
wow congrats im so happy for you though. at least you have an end date. i really hope he turns for you and that you go on your own in the next couple days. if not in the end you will still have your beautful baby. good luck
October 13th, 2009, 04:25 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Good luck on Friday! I hope the weather has calmed down now.

October 13th, 2009, 04:49 PM
*Hayley*
Here's what the doc said: a) i get induced this week when he's at a size we know i can handle b) go au natural and if he's not here by 41 weeks automatically deliver by c/s. Cohen's head was turned sideways when he was born, so I'm hoping that this one will flip around enough for him to be able to be born vaginally as well. I remember the hellish back labor i had though and i can imagine what this is going to feel like. I left feeling really down and I suppose I can cancel the induction any time if I don't feel comfortable with it, but he seems so convinced that this is my best chance at not having a c/s. Part of me thinks it's total BS and another part is scared and thinks "what if he's right".

Thank you Tammy for the advice! I will be going to target tonight for an exercise ball to help him drop lower into my pelvis and make sure i lean forward a lot during the day.

If I do go in on Friday for the induction I will talk to the on call dr (who i've never seen, but at least I have a name) and see if they will check his position by u/s before breaking my water. If he's still face up I'll ask to see if we can postpone while we attempt to get him to turn. I don't know if they'll go for that or not, but it's worth a try.
October 13th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Snowpeas
I really hope he turns for you and comes on his own.

So glad you made it there and back safely.
October 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww i hope he turns for you!!!!!

im surprised the hurricane didnt induce labor! how is the weather now?

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

October 13th, 2009, 08:05 PM
*Hayley*
it wasn't really a hurricane, i live in the san fran bay area lol, BUT it was the remnants of one if i'm not mistaking. it was INSANE. I'm pretty sure it'll be on national news. it really looks like a hurricane hit. there are trees downed everywhere and some places are being evacuated due to flooding. there were wind gusts inland as high as 50mph and i believe 70mph on the coast.
October 13th, 2009, 08:13 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i love san fransisco!!!!!! my dad lives in napa. i like the vibe in san fransisco!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search