38 week appointment...*some*progress

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everything looked pretty good...no protein in my pee but I did spill some glucose but that was likely due to drinking a Sprite before I went to my appointment so it's ok, blood pressure is alright 132/70, I hope it doesnt get any higher, I gained back the 2 pounds I lost last week and gained another pound on top of that so I'm at 21 pounds gained now, Cole's heartrate sounded great, he is head down but still high, I'm GBS negative so that's good too.

I guess I must have been desperate last night because I asked Marie to check me and sweep my membranes I'm still 2 cm but now 70%-80% effaced but the inner part of my cervix wasn't open so she couldn't do the membrane sweep which now I think is a good thing that I didn't have it done. I'm am totally not going to have her check me again till atleast my due date and then I'll think again about the membrane sweep. I

I have a really stubborn cervix this time! My last pregnancy, I was dilated to 3cm and 70% at 37 weeks AND my cervix was open enough to do a membrane sweep...I don't know what is going on this time...I just really feel like nothing is happening, I'm not upset or anything, I just don't feel like I'm getting close, I still feel like I'm really far from my due date, KWIM? I just can't help but think that I will get very close to 42 weeks before I have this baby.
October 13th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Snowpeas
Glad everything look good.

Remember, things can happen & change very fast!
October 13th, 2009, 05:11 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad your appointment went well.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 14th, 2009, 05:55 AM
hoping4more
good luck sweetie. thats how i feel to. my first took forever and my second came faster things happened faster.. and this one seems slower... im not as dilated as i was at this point last time. im finally as effaced but i just feel like nothing is happening. i know that that cant be true but it feels that way. i bet youll have this baby before 42 weeks. and hopefully you will not ever need that membrane sweep. good luck to you! after all you still have 2 more weeks right? alot can happen in that time! good luck
October 14th, 2009, 07:49 AM
*Hayley*
that sounds like great progress from where I'm sitting I hope you don't go to 42 weeks, and i'd bet that you won't. Maybe 40.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search