O effaced/ induction scheduled/ doesn't use cervidel

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2009, 09:11 PM
mrsapexpredator's Avatar Veteran
My cervix is closed and 0 effaced. I am now overdue. My doctor has scheduled me for an induction on Tuesday but doesn't believe in cervidel. So I guess he is just going to put me on pitocin and hope that my contractions start and if they don't do anything in 4 hrs or so do a c-section. What do you ladies think about this? This is my first baby. FYI - I have been DTD alot.

Me: 31 DH: 30 TTC since: May 2007 Married: 9/18/2004 S/A - Normal
HSG results: left block tube/but was able to clear (2/6/08)
Started 1st cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 3/29 BFN! Started 2nd cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 4/27 BFN!
Started 3rd cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 5/25 BFN! Lapro Aug 11. Lasered 2 adhesions on left tube but everything looks great!!
Started Clomid Sept 12-16 - Had 150 IU of Follistim on Sept 19 - Follies collapsed - Blood work all came back in range NO PCOS ..
Started Femara 2.5 3-7 u/s 10/22 Follistim injections 10/24,25 & 26
Follie Scan 2 were mature, 17.8mm & 16.8mm Doctor gave me trigger 10/26 and IUI 10/27 Tested - Nov 8 13dpiui and BFN
Started Femara & Follistim - we have 1 follie 18mm - trigger 11/21 and IUI 11/22 Testing on 12/6 BFN

On A TTC BREAK Out of the blue (1st unmedicated cycle since 3/08) BFP 2/7/09
October 14th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Personally, I would tell him to shove it! But that's just me...you DO NOT have to be induced and the fact that he doesnt use cervidil is ridiculous, you can't just be put straight on pitocin and expect to have a vaginal delivery, I mean it's possible but it sounds like he is just setting you up for failure so that you will have to have a c/section, which is sometimes what OB do because it's the easy way out for them. It does not sound like your cervix is at all favorable for an induction, atleast a successful one. I would definitely talk about other options with him...this is YOUR body and YOUR pregnancy and if there are no medical reasons for you to be induced then you can most certainly go all the way to 42 weeks, if that is what you want, to wait for your body and your baby to be ready.
October 14th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies - it sounds like your OB is setting you up for a section. It doesn't sound like your cervix is ready for an induction with only pitocin. That's weird that they wouldn't do cervidil or the gel.

October 15th, 2009, 04:23 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im on board with the others! I wouldn't agree to the induction just yet.

If your body has made no progress on its own yet its not ready. You can safely go to 42 weeks. I know its not fun keeping yourself pregnant, but for me I would do everything to advoid a c-sec.

I was given cervidel with one of my mine and that stuff is the devil! I would NEVER get it again!

October 15th, 2009, 04:50 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I agree with the others. It sounds like your Dr doesn't really care if you end up with a c-section and it basically setting you up for one. If you think you can hang in there until 42 weeks then that's what you should do. Not all babies are ready at 40 weeks not to mention that if your DD is off at all you may not really be 40 weeks quite yet.

I do hope things change for you soon so you don't have to worry about all of this.

October 15th, 2009, 07:51 AM
*Hayley*
you know I have to agree with the others. If I go in tomorrow they will NOT be using cervidil on me either, BUT I'm already dilated and starting to thin enough that it's not really necessary (according to my doc, anyway). Even with the progress I've made I'm not sure how I feel about this. If we have another baby in a few years, I will not return to this OB because I feel that he's pushing for me to have a c/s, even though he swears up and down that he's not. It's like he's telling me this is the best chance we've got at avoiding one, which could very well be the case because of the baby's size, but also that I was probably just very lucky to have had my son and he just happened to do all the right things at the right time.

If the hospital has a bed open for me tomorrow I will want to speak with the doctor before they get things going. I need another opinion. GL to you and your decision. It's a hard one to make. I've been going over all the horror stories and also complication free inductions in my head over the past couple days. Tuesday I felt really down about the whole thing, yesterday I felt so much better.

KUP on what you decide to do.
October 15th, 2009, 08:27 AM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
While I agree with the others- it's not true that you can't go straight on pitocin and have a vaginal delivery.

My doctor did NOT use cervadil when I was induced with my first. I was only a fingertip dilated when I was put on pitocin. Was induced at 6am, went into active labor at 2pm and Holden was born at 7pm without any complications.

Still, I see no reason for you to be induced as at this time it is not medically necessary, and after being induced I say avoid it if you can.

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

October 15th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Snowpeas
Please keep us posted!
October 15th, 2009, 09:23 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the others.

please kup

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 15th, 2009, 09:42 AM
hoping4more
well i was in the same boat as you with my first. i see that you are 8 days late, so induction really is the option right now. while i do believe in waitin ga s long as you can i think you have waited as long as you can. there can be med. complications waiting to long. my doctor says once your ten days its a med. emergency, cause all kinds of stuff. however i was scheduled to be induced with the gel. while i know fishy had one cm, thats still something you have nothing. my doc explained to me that putting me striaght on pit wasnt a good idea and that it would most likely end up in a section. he said because i wasnt even dilated or effaced the contractions would basically just be pushing the baby into the cervix and that it can break the babies collar bone! i would ask for the gel thats what they were going to do for i was supposed to go in at 8 at night start with gel and work with it till my doctor got there in the morning then they were gonna start pit. of course i randomly went into labor from 3pm to 1am went from nothing to being 100%effaced and then from 1am - 6 am went from 1 cm to 10 and delivered. my parents had the whole church praying! there is hope for you yet. even though it seems hopeless you can go just like that. anyway just my opinion but sounds like your doctor just wants to do a section.
October 15th, 2009, 09:59 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with everyone else and would not consent to an induction with pitocin just yet. With DD I was induced with a Prostaglandin gel and if I have to be induced again, I've already told my dr. that's the only way I want it done. Do you research and talk to your OB armed with facts.

Im a little confused... your ticker says you were due yesterday - but that you are 8 days past due??

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
October 16th, 2009, 11:53 AM
mrsapexpredator's Avatar Veteran
Thanks ladies for all of your advise. I am praying that I go this weekend and don't have to worry. My most important concern is my lil man and that he is safe. I will keep you all posted.

I don't know what is wrong with that ticker. I was due Oct 14 so I am only 2 days past due so far. XOXOXO

Me: 31 DH: 30 TTC since: May 2007 Married: 9/18/2004 S/A - Normal
HSG results: left block tube/but was able to clear (2/6/08)
Started 1st cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 3/29 BFN! Started 2nd cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 4/27 BFN!
Started 3rd cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 5/25 BFN! Lapro Aug 11. Lasered 2 adhesions on left tube but everything looks great!!
Started Clomid Sept 12-16 - Had 150 IU of Follistim on Sept 19 - Follies collapsed - Blood work all came back in range NO PCOS ..
Started Femara 2.5 3-7 u/s 10/22 Follistim injections 10/24,25 & 26
Follie Scan 2 were mature, 17.8mm & 16.8mm Doctor gave me trigger 10/26 and IUI 10/27 Tested - Nov 8 13dpiui and BFN
Started Femara & Follistim - we have 1 follie 18mm - trigger 11/21 and IUI 11/22 Testing on 12/6 BFN

On A TTC BREAK Out of the blue (1st unmedicated cycle since 3/08) BFP 2/7/09
October 16th, 2009, 02:33 PM
dkeibriandjmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi I'm snooping from the Dec DDC. I have been induced with two of my kids and my doc never used cervidel only pitocin and I labored fine and have only had vaginal deliveries. It's a load of crap that he is only giving you 4 hrs to dialate or he's going to do a c-section I wouldn't go for that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search