My little guy has a cold

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Snowpeas
I feel so bad that he's sick already!

He's been coughing and sounds very congested (in his head, not chest) and has had yellow mucous coming out of his nose.

It started yesterday so last night we took him in to the hospital to get him checked out. Normally I would just wait it out but he was only 10 days old and I didn't want to chance it with him being so young.

It took an hour just to get the triage nurse to look at him. In the meantime we're surrounded by people hacking and coughing and NOT wearing masks like they're supposed to. I was beginning to think it was worse to take him in and expose him!

Anyway, his oxygen level, temperature and heart rate were perfect. By the time the triage nurse got to us Urgent Care was closed so we had to wait for a bed in the ER to exam him. We waited another hour. There were still five people ahead of us and they had only called in two people the whole time we were there.

Well by that time he had stopped coughing and was sleeping so we took him home & promised to come back if he got worse.
He slept in the car seat last night and we suctioned his nose out and have been running a warm air humidifier by him. Dh and I took turns keeping an eye on him last night (yes, I'm paranoid). I've also been bf'ing him like crazy so he can get the antibodies and even squirted bm in his nose. lol

His appetite is good and he's peeing and pooping like normal and his temperature is still completely normal. He sounds better today & less congested so hopefully it was just something minor.

We've only taken him out to get lab work and go to the doctor so either he picked up something there or something from his sister.
I hate when my babies are sick!
October 16th, 2009, 01:35 PM
mommy_tu_2's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy_tu_2 Send a message via Yahoo to mommy_tu_2
aww. everyone is sick right now I am so so thankful I have been able to avoid it. Even DH and DD1 have the sniffles, but nothing here so far.

Hope he gets to feeling better. KUP

Thank so much to Benevolent for my beautiful siggy!!! <3

October 16th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor guy, I hope he feels better! Sounds like you're doing everything you can.

My DH went to a friends house last Sunday to play a game with some of his friends from work. One of the guys that came over was sick(bad chest cold), and passed it on to everyone there. He knew he was sick and shouldn't have been there. It really ticks me off when people are so inconsiderate.

Now DH had it, Michael had it, Christian has it(with a fever), Kiera and Nick came down with it this morning(with fever). I'm trying hard to not to get it, and to keep Halleigh away from everyone. It's hard because I just had a c-section and still need help with things. Sorry to vent in your post, lol.

October 16th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Snowpeas
Oooh, I would be so mad! People really should know better!
October 16th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about Josiah being sick! It's hard to see a newborn sick because they are just so helpless and can't tell you how they feel. The BM in the nose is great though, I did this with both of my kids and it really helps shorten the cold, keep it up! HUGS!
October 16th, 2009, 03:00 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope he starts to feel better soon.

You got to love this time of the year.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
oh my sick already?!?!

i am so afraid of sophie being sick. Kids are not allowed to kiss her, everyone MUST use germX before touching her and when we are out no one else can touch her. I barely let anyone look at her right now. LOL

October 16th, 2009, 06:16 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope Josiah feels better soon!

October 16th, 2009, 08:18 PM
hoping4more
sorry that he is sick already. it makes your heart break and you cant do anythign about it. i hope he feels better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search