Went to the dr. yesterday..

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
The evening before last I noticed that my tummy was tender to the touch right around my belly button. I thought maybe the baby was just sitting outwards more or something. Then yesterday I woke up and overnight I developed this "rash" all around my belly button and it spread down towards my groin. And below my naval hurt the worst and my pores are HUGE. It hurt just to have clothing lightly rub against it. So I called my dr.'s office and the nurse scheduled me to come in and speak to the dr. about it.

He looked at it and said at first he thought it was cellulitis (skin infection) but he didn't see a point of entry where the infection could have originated from so he ruled that out. He really couldn't tell me what it is but he could tell that it was extremely tender to touch, inflammed and irritated. So he prescribed me some oral antibiotics to take for a few days and he still wants me to keep my original appt. this Monday and check it again. He said ultimately the best thing for it would be delivery so that the baby is not putting all of that pressure on that area. He asked me if I had ever considered induction and even told me I could go ahead and schedule it then if I wanted. I told him I really wanted to avoid an induction if I could help it but that I wasn't against having my membranes stripped to jumpstart labor. I told him with my son I had my membranes stripped and then I had him two days later. He seemed surprised by that so he told me that if the antibiotics aren't really helping by Monday then he will strip my membranes and go from there. But if it's starting to clear up then he told me I can wait a bit longer if I want and see if I go into labor naturally. I guess I'm just looking at it like there must be a reason Noah if still inside me and I really wanted him to be born closer to Halloween but that really is a stupid reason to want to continue being pregnant..esp. if I'm in this much pain. The whole area just hurts...I swear just looking at it makes it hurt. Turning over in the bed at night is a painful challenge everytime and so it sitting down/standing up. I can't even wear pants because anything that touches that area causes pain.

Anyway - that's my little update. I suppose I may have my little guy next week sometime!!

ETA: I forgot mention that he also checked me and I am still at 3 cm. So no progress there. LOL

Last edited by Blue_Twinkles; October 17th, 2009 at 07:45 AM.
October 17th, 2009, 07:42 AM
fishysticks's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch! That sounds scary AND painful!

I hope it goes away so you don't have to be induced!

Read my blog: Holdin' Holden!!

October 17th, 2009, 07:49 AM
hoping4more
oh yuck, im sorry. it stinks to be in the third trimester let along having a rash. i really hope th eantibiotics work for you, and if not i really hope the membrane sweeping works for you. good luck hun.
October 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Snowpeas
Ouchie. I hope you can get some relief asap!!!
October 17th, 2009, 10:59 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch! Hope the meds help!

October 17th, 2009, 11:06 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the meds help & you can get some relief

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Ugh that sounds awful. I hope it clears up quickly.

October 17th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I know some women develop PUPPS (an itchy rash) While pregnant, but I dont know if its the same, I would google the symptoms if my computer wasnt acting up..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
October 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by little duckie View Post
I know some women develop PUPPS (an itchy rash) While pregnant, but I dont know if its the same, I would google the symptoms if my computer wasnt acting up..

I had thought about that but the rash doesn't itch at all. It just hurts like I don't know what.

October 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
oh bless your heart!!!!!

October 17th, 2009, 07:46 PM
*Hayley*
that sounds miserable i'm sorry you're going through this and i hope those antibiotics work soon!
October 18th, 2009, 09:34 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto all the ladies above. I really hope you get some relief soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search