Contractions and the need to Urinate

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2009, 04:46 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
When i was in the hosptial last week, my nurse said something like, you will have more contractions when you need to pee, or something along those lines.

Well i dont know if ive been having contractions or not lately, (im not very good at distinguishing them) i get this super strong urge to pee. its like it hurts to hold it in and i have to waddle to the bathroom hunched over and go right then, or it feels like i am going to pee in my pants.

Does anyone else get this?

Also my next question is, what do i do when im in labor, do i really need to be going pee every few minutes ( i do have to pee a lot as it is, not just becuase of contractions) what about when it comes time to pushing, i know people can poop on the table, but what about peeing, is that normal??

this has me so frazzled, i just dont know what to think anymore, lol. Sorry if this is a gross TMI topic, i just dont know who else to ask.
October 27th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Julie_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
About the first thing you asked, I remember feeling the same way about the urge to pee so you're not alone.

When I felt the urge to pee during labor I went. I'm sure my nurse was tired of bringing me the bedpan. If I didn't I would've gone in the bed. I remember at my childbirth class the teacher saying that it's completely normal to pee while pushing. I had a catheter at that point so it didn't really matter.

October 27th, 2009, 05:05 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Thanks Julie

I honestly never even thought about having to go pee when i would be in labor, but lately all these contractions and the need to pee have me so nervous- at least im not a freak though, so thts reassuring!!
October 27th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
i do notice contractions are stronger when i have to pee, and having to get to the bathroom as fast as i can so i dont pee myself.

the doula who did our childbirth class didn't say anything about peeing while pushing or anything, but she did say that while in labor, if i'm able to walk around (like if i dont have an epidural or some other reason) to get up to pee at least every hour, if i need to or not.

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
idk. i have always got up to pee while in labor when i felt the need too. I dont know if i ever peed myself while laying there or not but i always had a catheter when it came to the pushing part of labor as well. as far as the pressure and contractions being worse when having to pee yes i feel your pain! i have to hold my stomach and run or i guess waddle as fast as i can so i can get to the bathroom. it sucks!

October 27th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
this is an intresting topic! I know about the pooing thing (which totally freaks me out BTW) but I guess you could pee.....I mean a push pushes on everything down there.....
I think you'd be able to hide that better tho then a poo..... LOL!
October 27th, 2009, 08:25 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first, I did pee while pushing. I told my midwife I needed to and she said, no it's just the baby, and then she told me to push. So I did, and she got peed on, but she just caught it with a towel, they changed the pad under me and we continued on.

As for pooping during pushing, that too is possible, but no need to be embarrassed, they have sanitary pads under you and it gets cleaned up quickly, no one will even mention it. But in my experience, my body did a good job of cleaning itself out before it was time to push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1010 View Post
this is an intresting topic! I know about the pooing thing (which totally freaks me out BTW) but I guess you could pee.....I mean a push pushes on everything down there.....
I think you'd be able to hide that better tho then a poo..... LOL!
Not in my case, it sprayed. It was all the midwife could do to get a towel up fast enough, then she told me to continue until it was all out.
October 28th, 2009, 03:25 AM
mercedes1987's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mercedes1987
About the painful contractions before having to pee. I kind of get that too, and after you pee do you hurt still? I do. Just not as bad.
Its mostly at night (because i tend to hold it longer at night).
I have no bladder infections, so I think it's normal?

About the labor.
I think it's necessary to go pee whenever you feel the urge, so you might be up alot, but apparently it's said to be good for you to sit on the toilet when in labor because of gravity and the position helps move the baby downward. So dont hesitate or hold it in. I did that with my first, and I was also on alot of fluids via IV. I definately peed during pushing unintentionally. It happens... but most of the time you barely even care when your already at the pushing stage.

BTDT MOMMY.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search