Does this warrant a call to the doctor?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 12:38 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am trying so hard to avoid calling DS's doctor constantly.. I have the first time mom syndrome and it seems I have a million questions.

So I have been battling this diaper rash for forever it seems. We have tried a million and one different things. I am getting ready to try some of your suggestions for earlier.. I talked to the doctor about it on Wednesday and she wasn't too concerned because it isn't THAT bad and she wants me to continue with what I am doing... Anyways that is not why I am posting this. During his bath last night I noticed he has little white bumps at the top of his butt crack. I looked it up and I believe it is a yeast diaper rash now. Dr. Sears.com says to use Clotrimazole under your regular cream two times a day. He still doesn't seem to bothered by the rash... I think it upsets me more.

Do you think I should call the doctor about this or use the Clotrimazole for a few days. I am not sure how serious a yeast rash is and I am trying to avoid google.
January 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it would make you feel better call. That is what they are there for. Otherwise I would just try the cream for a few days and if it doesn't get better then I would call for sure.

I know my DS had a yeast infection on his bottom when he was little and it got awfull. We ended up having to get a prescription cream to get rid of it. So I would do what will make you feel the most comfortable.

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

January 19th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I would call the doctors office and speak to a nurse.. See what she would recommend.. This way you don't have to go to the doctors office and try what she suggests..

January 19th, 2010, 01:20 PM
CriscoNinja
Ditto to talking to the nurse... we have a nurseline attached to our clinic and it was a life-saver with my first kids.

And if it were me, I'd probably try the cream, I had to use that on my older daughter's bum when she was little. I would also try to give some nekkie time everyday, maybe 10 mins or so on some towels etc... babies love nekkie time and it gives their bits a chance to air out.
January 19th, 2010, 01:26 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriscoNinja View Post
Ditto to talking to the nurse... we have a nurseline attached to our clinic and it was a life-saver with my first kids.

And if it were me, I'd probably try the cream, I had to use that on my older daughter's bum when she was little. I would also try to give some nekkie time everyday, maybe 10 mins or so on some towels etc... babies love nekkie time and it gives their bits a chance to air out.
Nekkie time... lol that is to cute. This is something we do anyways to help avoid and treat diaper rash. I give him 15-30 diaper-free minutes 3 times a day.

Did you find this helped with the yeast rash?

ETA: I just called "our" nurse (the one attached to our doctor) and she wasn't in today. They told me to call her in the morning.

Last edited by *Crystal*; January 19th, 2010 at 01:32 PM.
January 19th, 2010, 02:38 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call just to be on the safe side. I'm not really one for taking generic advice from books.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 19th, 2010, 03:12 PM
*Hayley*
I'd call... it sounds like a yeast rash. Abram had that at 1 or two weeks old and we had to use that cream that you mentioned (I think anyway - same antifungal cream you use for athletes foot) two or three times a day and it made the skin practically peel away - it looked really nasty and i ended up calling bc it looked almost like it was burning his skin even though it didnt bother him at all, but the dr said that was normal.
January 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call and talk to the nurse.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 19th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Snowpeas
Let us know what you find out!
January 19th, 2010, 07:46 PM
CriscoNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Crystal* View Post
Nekkie time... lol that is to cute. This is something we do anyways to help avoid and treat diaper rash. I give him 15-30 diaper-free minutes 3 times a day.

Did you find this helped with the yeast rash?

ETA: I just called "our" nurse (the one attached to our doctor) and she wasn't in today. They told me to call her in the morning.

It did help, but didn't rid her of it. Just kind of helped it not get waaay worse. Moisture will just help feed the yeast. (if that's what it is). Let us know what you find out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search