refux mommas

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are still having issues to with Addison's reflux. I don't want to use any RX at this point either. We feed her ... burp her ... hold her up for at least 30 minutes after eating before laying her back down in her nap nanny. We have just begun to lay her out flat for short periods of time because she starts to burbble back up. Its not all the time but enough for me to be nervous about letting her sleep in her room in the crib. The Dr said this should go away on its own by 4 or 5 months old. I guess we just have to be patient.

January 20th, 2010, 06:55 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't hold your breath for that 4-5 months. Emily had reflux until 10 months!
You can add rice to a bottle if you are bottle feeding, makes it thicker and easier for them to keep down.
Warm bottles are easier for reflux babies as well.
Also, smaller feedings more frequently can help.
Honestly though, I suggest getting to the Dr for an RX. It has helped Abby so much and it's such a relief for me knowing she's not in pain. Reflux HURTS and there is no way I could let her suffer when an rx would help her, kwim?

January 20th, 2010, 09:28 PM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly don't know what to tell you since you are BF. Ty has done really good with rice in his bottle. We have also proped up his bed just a little to where he doesn't lay completely flat. I would suggest getting to the doc. They might have more suggestions since you are BF. Maybe its something you are eating.

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search