MrsSarah1 i have a ? for you...or anyone who is cd'ing

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering how you prewash you kawaii ,I haven even started washing mine bc im so afraid im going to mess up , so i was wondering what did you do prep them

did you wash the cover and the inserts together ??

do i have to prewash the inserts?

do i use cold/hot water?

how much soap??

what kind of soap??

i have tide free is that ok?

do you think if i combine both the dips will it mess the color bleed ??

sorry i know its alot of ?'s i just dont want to mess them up

January 20th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I am not sure about this brand but when ever I wash anything new I throw in a dye catcher and that prevents any bleeding

January 20th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Snowpeas
I'm surprised they didn't send you any washing instructions. I would definitely pre wash the inserts. Usually they're not fully absorbent until they've been washed a couple times.

I use Tide Free HE liquid for my diapers and don't have any issues with it. A general rule of thumb is to use 1/2 the suggested amount for a top loader and a 1/4 the suggested amount for a front loader.

The pre-washing instructions I received with my flips said to wash natural fibers (hemp/cotton) 3-5 times in very hot water with a little bit of detergent and dry between each wash.

For polyester fibers it says to wash once with a small amount of detergent and to avoid pre-washing natural fabrics with polyester fabrics.
January 20th, 2010, 08:51 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What I do is take the inserts out, and put them all in together. There is no color bleed at all, so I just wash them all together.

I usually have one or two diapers that have a bunch of solid poop on them, so usually I just swish them around in the toilet a few times to get it all off.

Once all the diapers are in the washer, I turn the dial to "rinse", and let them go through one rinse cycle. After that is complete, and the washer is off, I then turn it to "regular", and add about 1/4 the amount of detergent that I normally use. There are so many different opinions on detergents, so I would just experiment with it.

Never use fabric softener. Never use bleach (some diapers recommend it, but in general it's a no-no.). Never use a dryer sheet.

Once they are washed, I put them in the dryer (if the weather is good, I line dry. It extends the life of the diapers dramatically and gets rid of stains on the inserts.)

After they are all clean, I restuff the inserts into the diapers, and then put them in our nifty diaper basket in our downstairs bathroom. lol

As far as prewashing, I would just wash them a couple of times and then dry them. You don't have to use soap and I probably wouldn't use soap if you are just prewashing them. I used to wash them in hot water, but because my stash now has so many different brands and types, I just wash them all in cold water, so either one is fine.

And if you're REALLY bored.. I have a cloth diapering blog that I started when I started cloth diapering and was completely clueless. I basically just combined all of the information I found into one simple blog.

Butts Of Fluff
January 20th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
[quote=Mommy2Olivia+Josiah;18733430]I'm surprised they didn't send you any washing instructions quote]

they did but are not very detailed and im just real anal about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSarah1 View Post
What I do is take the inserts out, and put them all in together. There is no color bleed at all, so I just wash them all together.

I usually have one or two diapers that have a bunch of solid poop on them, so usually I just swish them around in the toilet a few times to get it all off.

Once all the diapers are in the washer, I turn the dial to "rinse", and let them go through one rinse cycle. After that is complete, and the washer is off, I then turn it to "regular", and add about 1/4 the amount of detergent that I normally use. There are so many different opinions on detergents, so I would just experiment with it.

Never use fabric softener. Never use bleach (some diapers recommend it, but in general it's a no-no.). Never use a dryer sheet.

Once they are washed, I put them in the dryer (if the weather is good, I line dry. It extends the life of the diapers dramatically and gets rid of stains on the inserts.)

After they are all clean, I restuff the inserts into the diapers, and then put them in our nifty diaper basket in our downstairs bathroom. lol

As far as prewashing, I would just wash them a couple of times and then dry them. You don't have to use soap and I probably wouldn't use soap if you are just prewashing them. I used to wash them in hot water, but because my stash now has so many different brands and types, I just wash them all in cold water, so either one is fine.

And if you're REALLY bored.. I have a cloth diapering blog that I started when I started cloth diapering and was completely clueless. I basically just combined all of the information I found into one simple blog.

Butts Of Fluff
thanks! i will def read your blog!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search