Cherie's 3 for thursday-Charity

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2010, 07:33 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. what is your favorite charity, whether you donate or not, which one touches your heart the most?

2.what is the kindest act of charity someone has shown you?

3.if you could start your own charity what would it be for?

you can answer more than one charity of course, and provide links if you have them!!!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

January 21st, 2010, 10:04 PM
*Hayley*
1. what is your favorite charity, whether you donate or not, which one touches your heart the most?
St. Judes - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
2.what is the kindest act of charity someone has shown you?
I don't know that someone has been charitable to me, but I've seen someone win a pot of money and tell the "pot holder" to give it to the first homeless guy he saw.
children for sure! i've thought about starting a non profit in which credentialed teachers are available to go to children's homes or to the hospital (or be on staff at children's hospitals) to help them keep up with their work should they feel well enough. Something like that may very well exist already though lol.
January 22nd, 2010, 08:36 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. what is your favorite charity, whether you donate or not, which one touches your heart the most? Cancer charities.. (We donate to St. Jude's yearly) My Grandma died from cancer. And seeing little kids with it just tears me apart.
Also animal charities. Poor animals are so helpless and are often abused. Breaks my heart.
And the Soldiers with the pots at Christmas.. they get me EVERYTIME.
DH donates to the vets.

2.what is the kindest act of charity someone has shown you?Shown me... hmm, I don't know. Probably when dh and I were young and broke and had Kayla. He was in the service at the time and they bought Kayla presents for Christmas.

I don't think I'd start my own, I'd just be part of one of the ones I named above.

you can answer more than one charity of course, and provide links if you have them!!!

January 22nd, 2010, 01:38 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. what is your favorite charity, whether you donate or not, which one touches your heart the most? Heartkids Australia

2.what is the kindest act of charity someone has shown you? The Children's hospital paid for Zac's funeral.

3.if you could start your own charity what would it be for? CHD awareness.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 22nd, 2010, 05:57 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. what is your favorite charity, whether you donate or not, which one touches your heart the most? Sponsor a Child - Compassion

ETA- Here is a picture of the child we've sponsored for almost 10 years...

2.what is the kindest act of charity someone has shown you? When DH first got out of the military we had a hard time getting on our feet again. We came to MN to look for a job here and BIL's friend let us stay in his Condo while he was in Asia for a couple of months.

3.if you could start your own charity what would it be for? Homeless or something to do with children.

Last edited by Kierasmom; January 22nd, 2010 at 06:01 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search