Question about infant carrier and shopping carts

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel so dumb for having to ask, but how do I put the infant carrier on the cart?
January 22nd, 2010, 11:56 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just sit it across where the child would normally sit

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 22nd, 2010, 12:14 PM
I don't need to strap it in
January 22nd, 2010, 01:03 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, it should "click" in with the same little hook that it clicks into the carseat base with.

January 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
i can never get it right, even when it does 'click' in place. I just either put it in the basket part, or i forget it and carry her in a sling.

January 22nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish our shopping carts would except the infant carrier here. There are only 3 brands of carrier on the market and they are not big sellers so that might be why they don't.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 22nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks ladies.
January 22nd, 2010, 02:09 PM
Snowpeas
Technically (according to the stores anyway) you're supposed to put the car seat in the basket of the cart and not where the kid's seat sits. But I will put it where the kid's seat is (if Olivia's not with me) since I'm always there to keep a watch on it.
January 22nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
I put it where the kid sits and it worked out well.
January 22nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Yeah you're not really supposed to put it on the kid seat part because it isn't very steady. I actually know someone that it has happened to. Most of the stores here now how have carts where you can't really put the seat on there. It won't fit so you have to put it in the basket part. If DH is with me the kids go in one cart that one of us pushes and the groceries go in another. If I'm out alone I wear DD in the Moby and DS sits in the cart.

January 23rd, 2010, 05:58 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
A couple of years ago i was at Joann Fabrics. Someone had their baby's carrier on the top part and it actually fell off and onto the ground! Thankfully the baby wasn't hurt, though it sure scared the crap out of the mom.

January 23rd, 2010, 07:03 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Depends on the infant carrier you have. I have a Chicco and it's the #1 rated safest seat and it's designed NOT to fit in the front of the shopping cart,, So if you have that seat, it will not snap on.

January 23rd, 2010, 07:54 AM
I have a chicco too. It seemed to fit fine, but didn't snap. I really shoved it in there. However, it the seat is safer in the basket, then I will put it there. Where do you put the items you are buying though? Around the carrier?
January 23rd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Now I go shopping when dh is home because I can't fit Emily, Abby AND groceries in the cart. But when it was just me and Emily going when she was a baby, I'd put her in the front, click it in and she was fine.
The one time I had to take Em and Abby, I put Em in the front, Abby in the basket and had NO ROOM for any groceries. lol
If I go with my Mom, we take the stroller. One pushed the stroller and one a cart. I always feel like a circus. lol

I worked at a Grocery store and I can tell you that having a toddler in the basket part is WAY dangerous. Way more dangeous than clicking the carrier into the front.
I was there the day a toddler was in the basket.. STANDING.. and the older sibling steped on the little lip part at the bottom to ride and it flipped.. KILLING the toddler! HORRIFYING day and I'll never forget it.
I have seen so many kids fall out of the cart from standing in it. I literally cringe when I see it and I ALWAYS say, "Sit down sweetheart, you don't want to fall". And usually I get lip from the parent about it. So I make sure I say.. oh sorry, just trying to save your kid from DYING like I saw happen.

January 23rd, 2010, 08:14 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jennifer* View Post
I have a chicco too. It seemed to fit fine, but didn't snap. I really shoved it in there. However, it the seat is safer in the basket, then I will put it there. Where do you put the items you are buying though? Around the carrier?
I put the stuff around the carrier.. If I plan on buying alot of stuff, I leave the kids at home. When it warms up, I plan on using my wrap to carry him when I shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelmarie621 View Post
we do this lol

LMAO..This is great! lol

January 23rd, 2010, 03:00 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
omg paula that is terrible!.. but I do the same as you. Jeffrey in the seat and jordans carrier in the basket... his carseat wont fit in the seat part.

January 23rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
That how BJ's is here, two seats up front. I think Abby would fit with just one. lol

Manda, It was horrible!! The store shut down for about 2 hours and there wasn't a dry eye in the store.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search