Trips!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to leave Reagan tonight for a work trip to Raleigh, NC. I know I am going to feel so alone in the hotel room without her... no nursing her to sleep, snuggling, etc. Anyone else have to go away without their LO yet?

The good news is we have the opportunity to go to Australia in September on vacation with some other folks with kids. We're searching for flights now - they are SO long (14+ hours). Reagan will be 1 year old. How do you think a 1 year old would do on a LONG plane trip?

Not to sound bad - but is there something I can give her to sleep? SAFELY - of course.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
January 24th, 2010, 09:37 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Aww that stinks that you have to go away. I'm definitely not ready for that yet and don't think I will be for a long while. I haven't even gone out for a few hours without her.

There is no way in the world I'd want to take a 1 year old on a 14+ hour plane ride to be honest. Most likely it'll be miserable for you, her and everyone around you. Some people will give Benedryl to make their kids sleep but you have to be careful because it can have the opposite effect on some kids and make them hyper instead of sleepy.

January 24th, 2010, 11:28 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I'd enjoy a night away ALL alone right now. lol

When we came back state side, from England. The flight over was 9 hours but we had lay overs, so our whole trip was literally 22 hours! Kayla was just 5 days shy of being 1. She did SOOOOO well. She was even sick and she did amazing! The flight attendant complimented us when we got off, saying how well behaved she was.
We just packed snacks, toys. Also, try to get an overnight flight, so she'd sleep quite a bit. Pack things she hasn't seen yet, so she's excited to see new stuff.
Plus, I have to say, the flight attendants are so good at helping to entertain them and being friendly. I'd rather take a 1yo than my 2yo. lol

January 24th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
I'd rather take a 1yo than my 2yo. lol
Yes - I have heard traveling from ages 2-4 can be rather difficult b/c they are SO active!

We will definitely try to get an overnight flight and a lot of the long international flights actually have cribs/bassinets in the bulkheads - which I never knew!

January 24th, 2010, 11:58 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have fun!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 25th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.crystal View Post
raleigh is a great place! I live there!
It is pretty nice - I'm staying at the Renaissance at North Hills town center and its a really nice hotel/area!! Can't wait to get home tonight to Reagan though - I missed her terribly last night.

I talked to my DH this morning and she slept from 8:45 pm - 6:30 am. Figures on a night when I would be gone!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search