Mei Tai

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Does any one use one of these?

I just ordered one and I can't wait to wear it.. I do have a Moby, but it's just way to much fabric... Not to sure how it will do during the hot months.. I got the Mei Tai because it seems like less fabric.. Just wondering if anyone else uses one..

If you don't know what a Mei Tai is, it looks like this..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; January 24th, 2010 at 02:18 PM.
January 24th, 2010, 01:56 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
let me know how you like it...i was thinking the same thing about my moby...
January 24th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Snowpeas
I've heard really good things about them. A lady in Olivia's playroom still uses it for her two year old and loves it.
January 24th, 2010, 07:44 PM
*Hayley*
My cousin bought one, but it was really hot so she returned it and bought a Moby instead. She was living in Phoenix at the time though, so you may not feel that way
January 27th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Thank you ladies for your responses..

I did find a video of how to use the Mei Tai in the back carry position.. Looks so much easier then the moby..

YouTube - Mei Tai- Back carry

YouTube - My Favorite Back Carry with a Wrap

You can see in the Mei Tai video, less fabric.. I'm going to compare both of them this summer... Just to see how each one does..

Hayley - Thanks for your response.. Phoenix is so hot, I can just imagine what it's like to wearing any sling in that type of heat. Luckily the hotest days we have here is in the mid 90's..

January 27th, 2010, 11:44 AM
And here's the basic front carry..

YouTube - Mei Tai Basic Front Carry

Looks so much easier then the Moby..

January 28th, 2010, 12:30 AM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a custom Mei Tai and I can't say enough things about it. I like it ALOT better than my Moby because the Moby was too hot and alot of fabric. Also the Mei Tai is ALOT easier to put on.

Here are a few pics of me wearing Ashlynn in both the Mei Tai. The Mei Tai is easier on my back since I have back problems. I wear her in it ALL the time and it's worth every penny. I ordered one with a custom pouch, minke fabric & a baby toy ring.

Here is a shot of her in her Moby. The Moby isn't bad but it's just alot of fabric and not as easy to put on and take off on the go (I'm a germaphobe so I don't like the idea of the fabric dragging on the ground so I basically have to have it on when I leave the house which isn't the case with the Mei Tai.) It was great when Ashlynn was barely 2mo old and we had to travel during the holidays. I was able to keep her completely concealed when traveling through the airport which was really nice.

Ashlynn in the Moby... She also tends to fuss a little in the Moby where she doesn't in the Mei Tai.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

January 28th, 2010, 06:11 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have one.

Wish you luck it looks neat

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search