Worrying all the time

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2010, 10:13 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work at a behavior management program for adults with developmental disabilities. They are all very violent to either themselves or others, or sometimes both. Most have extremely low IQ's, making reading and writing out of their reach. Most live at care homes as they are too violent or require 24 hour assistance. Basically, these people have the most severe cases of schizophrenia, down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, etc.

And I'm a freaking wreck again. I did this with Charly too.. but I am so worried that Peyton is going to have something. I work all day with these people, and then come home and over analyze every twitch hiccup and fart because I'm so paranoid that my babies will wind up with one of these terrible disorders.

If I were a dentist I would over analyze their teeth.

I'm just so afraid that Peyton has something or is going to have something.. you know?

The first few days that I brought her home, she rolled her eyes into the back of her head. I burst into tears at three weeks because she still wasn't making eye contact and now I'm paranoid because she watches TV way too much for my comfort.. Charly never so much as glanced at the TV, and Peyton would stare at it intently for hours if I let her (I've actually stopped watching TV except every now and then because of this.).

Please calm me down. I know that the chances are slim, and I know that God will only give me what I can handle, but my heart breaks for the people I work with and I would just shatter if my own baby had to struggle the way that they do.
January 25th, 2010, 12:13 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm the same. I totally over analyse everything Lucy does or doesn't do.

On the very small chance that something is wrong you would be very surprised and what you could handle.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 25th, 2010, 12:48 AM
*Hayley*
Me too...it's part of being a mom. I'm sure there are very few of us who don't "overanalyze" and those who don't are probably less caring.
January 25th, 2010, 05:13 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

It is mother instinct.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 25th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Snowpeas
I over analyze too, but I imagine working with the people you do it would make it even worse.

((Hugs))
January 25th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do the same thing! Like others said, I think its completely natural and part of being a mom. However, I have to remind myself that anything like that is out of my control - so worrying and over-analyzing will do absolutely nothing for the situation but make it worse and make your LO anxious if they pick up on your worry. Easier said than done, I know!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
January 25th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Veteran
I work with kids with mental disabilities and I worry so much too. I actually worry more that my kids will die in some random way than I worry about anything. I thought that after my first kid, it wouldn't be so bad, but I had my third and it is probably worse!! I don't know if there can be such a thing as a mom who doesn't worry!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search