Holter Monitor results

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The nurse called today with my Holter monitor results. They found a few 'extra beats' but overall things looked great. I guess extra heart beats can be normal(not harmful). She said they can give me a beta blocker if it really bothers me but the doctor is not concerned. Otherwise I can see a cardiologist and get another opinion. She told me to watch my caffeine and reduce stress.

I think I'm just stressed because of PPD and need to see a therapist about it. Does it sound like a big deal to any of you? Does anyone else have this?

January 26th, 2010, 08:07 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Bella throws premature beats. I can't remember the name, premature ventricular something something.

She has an extra beat now and then. She had to have heart testing almost a year ago, and had the holter monitor. they said she threw 200 extra beats within 24 hours, which is minimal. She can go on with life as normal and she is to go back for another ekg and some other test soon.

I was under the impression that is not anything to be very concerned about. Yet I still worry.

I would guess ifyour docs say its nothing to worry about, its likely not that big a deal.

I know that doesn't help you NOT to worry though.

Im thinking of you!

January 26th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Snowpeas
I don't know too much about it but glad that it's good news
January 26th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post
Bella throws premature beats. I can't remember the name, premature ventricular something something.

She has an extra beat now and then. She had to have heart testing almost a year ago, and had the holter monitor. they said she threw 200 extra beats within 24 hours, which is minimal. She can go on with life as normal and she is to go back for another ekg and some other test soon.

I was under the impression that is not anything to be very concerned about. Yet I still worry.

I would guess ifyour docs say its nothing to worry about, its likely not that big a deal.

Im thinking of you!
Thanks. I read that for some people it's normal, and that a lot of people have it and don't realize it. For some it's just their normal heart, and for others it's caffeine, stress, or meds that cause it. I had some issues with it when I was pregnant with the twins and it went away after they were born(and I recovered). Almost makes me wonder if the it's the BP meds(I'm still on 100mg twice a day) since I was on them back then as well. I don't know. I guess I will just do what I can to be healthier and hope it gets better.

I hope Bella's testing goes well.

January 27th, 2010, 10:28 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad the results were good

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 27th, 2010, 04:01 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post

Im thinking of you!
Premature Ventricular Contraction.

Glad that the dr is not overally concerned.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search