tummy sleepers?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 08:19 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i remember a thread about tummy sleeping not too long ago, and it seemed that several mommies babies were sleeping on their tummies. i didnt have an answer to the question cause she was in our bed sleeping on her side or in her swing, but now that she is in her crib she only sleeps on her tummy. if she is on her back she thinks its party time.

anyones little ones still sleeping on their tummy?

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

January 26th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yup, this guy is, hates his back...sorry nak
January 26th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Super Mommy
Yup. He's been sleeping on his belly for about a month and a half now, at least. He HATES sleeping on his back. Or even laying on his back at all! He screams! Flip him over onto his belly, and he's the happiest baby in the world. His Dr frowned at it when I told him, but oh well! He does great on his belly, and we check on him quite often to make sure he's OK. He's never had any problems, and he's been able to lift his head up and turn it to the other side when he wants to since he started sleeping on his belly. If he wasn't able to lift his head that great, I wouldn't have ever put him on his belly to sleep.
January 27th, 2010, 05:17 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far Xander sleeps on his back but Breana slept on her tummy when she was 7 weeks old

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 27th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Reagan is a full tummy sleeper - started it when she was having problems with her reflux. I have tried to flip her over after she was already asleep, but she would wake up everytime and keep fussing until I turned her to her stomach- then sweet dreams!

She's still in our room so I can keep a good eye on her - but will be transfering to her crib in the next month or two.

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
January 27th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Araceli has been a tummy sleep since about 7wks i think, maybe younger, my ds was also a tummy sleeper but i didnt let sleep him sleep on his tummy til he was able to roll on his own , i was a first time parnoid mama then.

Now i dont worry about it. My MIL said all her kids were tummy sleepers , she said then no one ever told them it was "bad" i think it just a mind thing if you let it get to you ,you will be paranoid all the time.

just make sure there is no pillows , extra blankets , or anything that be harmful to baby. you ll be just fine.

January 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
Owen hates his back...ever since he was only a few weeks old but I refused to let him sleep on his tummy and I think I eventually gave in when he was around 2 months. He sleeps much better now too and we make sure we keep a good eye on him and don't put any blankets ect in the crib as well. He has good head control as well.

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
January 27th, 2010, 09:05 AM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
Jordan hates being on his tummy.. een during tummy time he just cries and cries... so he is a back sleeper.

January 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedangel121 View Post
Jordan hates being on his tummy.. een during tummy time he just cries and cries... so he is a back sleeper.
Bella hates being on her tummy!
January 27th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Elise when she was very small used to nap on her belly but now she just falls asleep when she gets tired no matter where she is so she sleeps just on her back or side

January 27th, 2010, 06:36 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelmarie621 View Post
braylon has been a tummy sleeper since about 2 weeks old. he lays on his back on his play mat so if i lay him down for a nap on his back he thinks its time to kick and play
EXACTLY my situation lol

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

January 27th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Miles' Mommy's Avatar Happy 1st time mom
Send a message via AIM to Miles' Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Miles' Mommy
Yes. We tried to put Miles on his back to sleep the other night just to see. That didn't work he was up with in an hour. On his belly he sleeps through the night. So yes I still have a belly sleeper in a very empty crib.

January 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
*Hayley*
abe sleeps on his back, but same as ashley, ds1 slept on his tummy once he could roll

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search